Shellac coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serenitykim

Reaction score
Hi

I done my shellac course on Monday I have managed so far to do 4 sets of nails on family for practice. The problem I'm having is I don't feel it's giving enough coverage.

On my own I can still see the tips they the polish, I am applying it thin as told but is it just too thin? Or maybe the base coat?

Kim x

How many coats of colour are you applying?
Its 1 x base, 2 x colour, 1 x top

Yes and they are in the lamp 10sec base coat and 2 min every other coat, I am in a pickle I am making sure I do it right and looked at other threads and videos on YouTube and still stuck!! :( x

Are you using a CND Lamp?

Yeah I'm using the full system

Sorry I'm not much help so, if you are following the system correctly and using the correct lamp.
I had a problem recently with my lamp when I was doing my own french but it was because two of the bulbs were not working. Now I always make sure they all come on.
Hopefully another geek will be able to provide more help

Thanks I appreciate u taking the time to read hopefully I get it sorted soon other than I'm loving it! and of course don't want to do it any thicker incase I run into other problems :/

Hiya :)

Out of curiosity, which colours in.particular are tout experiencing this?

Also, encase your not, you need to make sure you give each bottle a good shake for approx 30secs (each) this will ensure that the shell formula is mixed up really well to enable a smoother application.

Keep it thin to win :) sometimes with the darker colours such as fedora , i sometimes need to apply 3 thin coats for coverage. But that may just be me personally :)

Hth's
Jo

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Hiya :)

Out of curiosity, which colours in.particular are tout experiencing this?

Also, encase your not, you need to make sure you give each bottle a good shake for approx 30secs (each) this will ensure that the shell formula is mixed up really well to enable a smoother application.

Keep it thin to win :) sometimes with the darker colours such as fedora , i sometimes need to apply 3 thin coats for coverage. But that may just be me personally :)

Hth's
Jo

Thanks for your help yeah shaking too.... Yeah fedora rock royalty but also cocoa! I may try 3 thin coats see how I get on with that! Will let u know how it goes.

Thanks again Kim x

Yeh rock royalty for me too. I dont have cocoa yet.

xx

Some colours are sheer, some are simi sheer and some are fully opaque. It is the way they are meant to be. If you want more coverage then do another thin cost. I must say that I never seem to need to do this but you can, so if you want more then go for it with another thin coat.

Some colours are sheer, some are simi sheer and some are fully opaque. It is the way they are meant to be. If you want more coverage then do another thin cost. I must say that I never seem to need to do this but you can, so if you want more then go for it with another thin coat.

Thanks for the advice much appreciated, I will keep that in mind and try the extra coat. I didn't originally want the cocoa but the instructor was wearing it and it looked fab, I did expect it from te dark colours but assumed I was applying it wrongly when I had the same problem with cocoa.

Kim x

Thanks for the advice much appreciated, I will keep that in mind and try the extra coat. I didn't originally want the cocoa but the instructor was wearing it and it looked fab, I did expect it from te dark colours but assumed I was applying it wrongly when I had the same problem with cocoa.

Kim x

Cocoa is one of my most requested colours and I never have applied more than 2 coat to obtain complete coverage.

There is thin, and then there is super thin. Find the right balance. Two coats should be sufficient with every colour.

Maybe it's just too thin then :( I will try a little thicker and also the 3 coats with the darker colours.

Thanks everyone :)

I did my sisters which came out fine but she did mine and it was slightly see through, I posted this on a thread and got the advise that the second coat can be a little thicker but not too thick, I might try a third coat too. The colour I had on was Hollywood.

Ladies ... Ah hem ... You do not need three coats of colour with Shellac.

When people say thin I applied a thin layer first and then I found I had to apply a slightly thicker layer. I did watch a few clips on you tube which helped to see how thin and I'm appling super thin lol.

You could have a look on you tube to see it did help me.

When people say thin I applied a thin layer first and then I found I had to apply a slightly thicker layer. I did watch a few clips on you tube which helped to see how thin and I'm appling super thin lol.

You could have a look on you tube to see it did help me.

Yeah iv been going super thin too :( lol practise makes perfect though

X

Latest posts

Back