Shellac for anyone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondpuppy

Reaction score
Hi!
Have you known that not necessary to be qualified by CND to be able to buy Shellac form Beverley Beaute!!!

They actually aren't authorised by CND in any way to sell. Who knows if it is even the real deal?
Plus, they happily sell to anyone (including your clients). They are also more expensive than most professional, authorised sources.

Hi!
Have you known that not necessary to be qualified by CND to be able to buy Shellac form Beverley Beaute!!!

I was under the impression you only needed a mani/pedi qualification to purchase, not neccesarily from CND either.

Or am I missing a point here? If I am, I am very sorry

Yup I was missing a point........nevermind :D

But prices are very attractive to be honest.

Maybe for your clients, but they are more expensive than buying legit here and since CND don't sell to them... you must wonder where they get it from ;)

Plus... if they actually ship legally, you will pay out your nose for flammables and you will also get a nice bill from HMRC. That of course requires them to ship legit, and if they aren't buying their product from CND - there isn't a lot of assurance they would be shipping legally either.

how do these illegitimate sellers get their hands on CND products? :( very suspiscious!

how do these illegitimate sellers get their hands on CND products? :( very suspiscious!

Sam told us a while back that he was at a show where someone put a bogus bottle of Shellac in his hand, it even had the logo on it but it came from China.
Knock of products are big business, but the only thing they pay attention to is the packaging. God alone knows what's actually inside the product.

So apart from S2 & Ellisons, are there any other authorised distributors of CND/Shellac products in the UK? Thanks

But prices are very attractive to be honest.

I buy off this website (fully trained) for ease really and the price is quite good and they are 100% authentic products as my Salon stocks it :)

I've just looked and how do they sell for this price? It's cheaper than S2? (if the statement of 'no vat' at the top of the page is true)

Not sure we are looking at the same thing, they were more expensive when I looked, and the no vat thing, that isn't true either as you will need to pay that to HMRC on import. If you don't, it's called tax evasion :)

Edit... Just looked and they were about about 15% more. Kits and such looked even more. But if you want to pay more from a source that doesn't get it from CND, where your clients can buy it, where you could be fined and jailed for not paying import tax and where you will either be paying for flammable shipping (or be responsible for illegal shipping) then it's your money and your call :)

Last edited:
Not sure we are looking at the same thing, they were more expensive when I looked, and the no vat thing, that isn't true either as you will need to pay that to HMRC on import. If you don't, it's called tax evasion :)

Edit... Just looked and they were about about 15% more. Kits and such looked even more. But if you want to pay more from a source that doesn't get it from CND, where your clients can buy it, where you could be fined and jailed for not paying import tax and where you will either be paying for flammable shipping (or be responsible for illegal shipping) then it's your money and your call :)
Ah I see they're not UK based so the claim of no VAT is true, as non-UK companies aren't registered for VAT but as you say import tax will apply. SNEAKY! Not only that but if it's held up by royal mail for the tax you'll then have to pay their fee too! Does the original poster work for them?

i biuy from the fingertip centre in Edinburgh which is part or something to do with S2.They actually have a shop to go and buy things in. Fab or what?:D
I end up spending a fortune mind as you go in saying right i'll just buy one colour...... never happens.

Latest posts

Back