Shellac Iced Cappuccino?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucylou2303

Reaction score
Hi geeks
Does anyone else find that shellac a iced cappuccino doesn't have a great finish and doesn't last as long as the others?

Yes, i avoid using it if possible for plain Shellac services. It seems to look stripey even though i shake the bottle well :( . I do use it for rockstar though and it lasts as long as any other colour.

Yes, i avoid using it if possible for plain Shellac services. It seems to look stripey even though i shake the bottle well :( . I do use it for rockstar though and it lasts as long as any other colour.

Try applying it in 3 strokes..the more strokes you do the more streaky it becomes.

The only colour I hate x

I love Iced Cappuccino and find it really popular with my clients. Can't say I've noticed it being strippy at all x

I dislike this colour the most. Only use it for Rockstar. Dont have problems making it last though.

Never had a problem with it or any of the colours to be honest.

The only thing I can think of is that may be you need to shake it just that little bit more (especially if it's a colour that you don't use as much) :)

No stripy bits here. Did a lady with it yesterday and came out lovely :)
Vicki x

use it for peek-a-boo.

1 layer of it with gold glitter pressed in. top coat it. 1 coat of a red , don't cure, carve out a design, cure , top coat.

the gold glitter peeks out through the red...lovely...mind yo the new toasted tinsel will have the same effect but if you want to use your iced cap up, this way is good.

we generally use this for the ring finger and paint the other nails the red you have chosen.

It makes me cringe, I really don't like it. So much so that it put me off purchasing the similar looking one from the new colours!

It makes me cringe, I really don't like it. So much so that it put me off purchasing the similar looking one from the new colours!
Lol I can understand this view.

The one which looks similar doesn't behave like Iced Cappucino at all so I would say you are safe to buy it.

xx

I've never had issues with application or longevity, but it was probably my least popular colour. However, just before Christmas last year I applied it to my sister's nails with a pale gold glitter fade and then everyone one who saw it wanted it! I had 3 bookings for the same thing within 2 days of her friends in work seeing it!

I did a similar thing with Asphalt. It wasn't as popular as I expected so I wore it with Zillionaire over the top and all my clients wanted the same, even one who always had Hollywood at every single appointment!

use it for peek-a-boo.

1 layer of it with gold glitter pressed in. top coat it. 1 coat of a red , don't cure, carve out a design, cure , top coat.

the gold glitter peeks out through the red...lovely...mind yo the new toasted tinsel will have the same effect but if you want to use your iced cap up, this way is good.

we generally use this for the ring finger and paint the other nails the red you have chosen.

Do you have any photos of this?

Thanks for all your answers! I agree the new metallic copper colour goes on much nicer for some reason Evan if I shake iced cappuccino apply thinly cure it longer it always seems to have a slightly uneven finish! I will try with VIP gold or the new Xmas gold over it. Also a good top to use for rockstar! :) x

It's great under the nes Xmas gold sparkle, other than that it's not my favourite !

It's great under the nes Xmas gold sparkle, other than that it's not my favourite !

In my opinion it is one of the best layering colours of the lot! We use it often, especially over Blackpool. Regularly ordering new. Strange how tastes change. Our clients love it over cocoa too. It's not personally my favourite to wear, but my favourites are the ones the clients request regularly and Iced Cap is definitely one of those.

I've never had issues with application or longevity, but it was probably my least popular colour. However, just before Christmas last year I applied it to my sister's nails with a pale gold glitter fade and then everyone one who saw it wanted it! I had 3 bookings for the same thing within 2 days of her friends in work seeing it!

I did a similar thing with Asphalt. It wasn't as popular as I expected so I wore it with Zillionaire over the top and all my clients wanted the same, even one who always had Hollywood at every single appointment!

I LOVE Asphalt with zillionaire! And purple purple with zillionaire. Fab colours x

In my opinion it is one of the best layering colours of the lot! We use it allot. Especially over Blackpool. Regularly ordering new. Strange how tastes change. Our clients live it over cocoa too.

Ooh not thought of trying Iced Capp over Cocoa...I bet that's yummy!
My Iced Capp is very neglected ;)

Latest posts

Back