Shellac - Layering - Deep Blue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi ladies

A client of mine is after a Blue in Shellac to compliment her wedding dress.

I have just looked on S2 and as far as I can see they don't do a blue. Can anyone tell me if there is a layering combination that produces this colour?

Thank you

The only one would be Blackpool and negligee. This question always comes up and untill they come out with a blue it's hard to make one. X

The only one would be Blackpool and negligee. This question always comes up and untill they come out with a blue it's hard to make one. X

Really? Oh that's good as I have both those colours in already. I will experiment 2morrow, does it make a nice rich blue, as in more blue then black? Thanks

Purple purple over Blackpool makes a nice electric midnight blue colour. Hth.

It makes like a navy colour. Quite deep still. If you have a look in my album I have it on a colour wheel.

I made a nice dark dark blue with the following:

2x Coats Electric Purple
1 thin coat of Blackpool

Sometimes Ill add a quick thin layer of negligee also.

My client was after a blue black and we got it spot on with that. Unfortunatelly in all the pics I take, you cant see the dark blue but you can in the light!

Asphalt and purple purple makes a dark blue x

A thread has just been put up, fedora and purple purple gives a gorgeous royal blue.
x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329744889.721184.jpg

Is this what your after? Fedora followed by Purple Purple one coat of each ;) x

Perfect thank you, I replied to ur other post x

Yes I saw, that's why I added the pic here too just incase you didn't see it, I only saw your post after I started mine lol. So glad to have helped, I'd have loves this for my wedding, I wore navy shoes and had red nails ;)

This is Blackpool Rock and Negligee, really deep blue x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329758262.517084.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329758262.517084.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3,695

Latest posts

Back