Shellac not lasting as long as it should on my clients, any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamper&Polish

Reaction score
I find that the shellac is not lasting 14 days and is sometimes chipping as soon as day 4-5....what I am doing wrong??

I'm doing dry cuticle work, scrubfresh, base, 2 colour and top, curing inbetween then removing sticky layer and applying solar oil.

I'm making great efforts for my coats to be thin and capping the free edge.

Any other suggestions?? xx

Hello :) have you tried swiping the free edge as you finish each stroke at the side. This way there isn't slightly more product on the edge of the nail. Or if you are more comfortable capping go over the nail again to remove the excess product.
Hope this helps :)
Vicki xx

I find that the shellac is not lasting 14 days and is sometimes chipping as soon as day 4-5....what I am doing wrong??

I'm doing dry cuticle work, scrubfresh, base, 2 colour and top, curing inbetween then removing sticky layer and applying solar oil.

Is this on clients that are used to acrylic or buff off gel, as they are probably harder on their nails.

I normally tell the client to treat them as if it were polish rather than enhancements.

What are you removing the sticky layer with?

Have you got the correct lamp? :)

What are you removing the sticky layer with?

Have you got the correct lamp? :)

Using disperse to remove sticky layer and have the older style brisa lamp x

Seal don't cap!

If you need an explanation of how to do it then just ask me!

Seal don't cap!

If you need an explanation of how to do it then just ask me!

Yes please :o

I amstroking product down the nail then with what is left on the brush just sort ofsweeping round the edge....if that makes sense!:biggrin:

Yes please :o

I amstroking product down the nail then with what is left on the brush just sort ofsweeping round the edge....if that makes sense!:biggrin:

That is what I do! xx
If you would like me to send you the Shellac aftercare leaflet for your clients then just email to me with your S2 customer number .... I think your clients must be being a bit tough on Shellac (and Shellacked nails are pretty darned tough). Are they natural nail clients?? or Ex-enhancement clients??

I find ex-enhancement clients are super bad with Shellac because they expect it to be like an enhancement and treat their nails as if they are indestructable. . My natural nail clients are fab and I never have a problem with them as they value their nails and a Shellac manicure which lasts weeks longer than they are used to. x

That is what I do! xx
If you would like me to send you the Shellac aftercare leaflet for your clients then just email to me with your S2 customer number .... I think your clients must be being a bit tough on Shellac (and Shellacked nails are pretty darned tough). Are they natural nail clients?? or Ex-enhancement clients??

I find ex-enhancement clients are super bad with Shellac because they expect it to be like an enhancement and treat their nails as if they are indestructable. . My natural nail clients are fab and I never have a problem with them as they value their nails and a Shellac manicure which lasts weeks longer than they are used to. x

I have natural nails and had Shellac done the night before I went away for a weekend. I am not heavy handed, I wasn't working during the weekend yet my thumb nail chipped really soon. I had them on my toes and nearly 2 months later they're still on and looking good. I have never found anyway get 14 days out of shellac but it does definitely last longer than polish x

Can i jump in here and ask Geeg what is the difference to cap and seal???

Using disperse to remove sticky layer and have the older style brisa lamp x

How old are the bulbs? How many hours burning time have they had roughly?
Are the bulbs being cleaned regularly? Dust on the bulbs can effect the UV output. just a thought xxxx

Are u applying any lotion or water soaking during ur cuticle softening? All u should be doing is applying cuticle away and scrubbing the nail clean with soap and water before applying scrubfresh. To my knowledge scrubfresh does not remove oils. Just dehydrates the nail. Hth!!

Latest posts

Back