Shellac on toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole.B

Reaction score
I absolutely love Shellac, its such a godsend for my own nails let alone clients.
But what are the benefits on toes compared to polish, when I do a set of toes, my clients can get 4-6 weeks easy with polish so why would they want to pay for Shellac, what would the benefits be especially if it has to be removed after 14 days.

No dry time! I'm selling that point to my clients. It will b especially good in winter for those clients that will b wearing boots. I haven't tried it on my toes yet but I'm sure you can get longer wear than 14 days on toes as they are slower growing and you don't use your feet like you do fingernails so they should last much longer.

Zero dry time, and Shellac is excellent for covering ridges on nails, so particularly good for those clients. I'd expect shellac to last around 6 weeks on toes (proabably longer), but the growth would be very noticeable by then, just remember that the longer Shellac is on the longer it takes to soak off, so if on the toes for 6 weeks, I guess we'd have to soak it off for say 20 mins instead of 10.

Very good point ZERO dry time, especially in winter. Although I hope clients are willing to pay extra for ZERO dry time. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great question and one that I asked myself before I got my mitts on Shellac.

The big plus is of course zero dry time.. how many times has your client popped her feet into her flip flops and said "whoops, I've smudged one".

The thing with Shellac is, it has such a flawless look, much nicer than Enamel and the main reason I would Shellac on toes rather than use Enamel.. is the high gloss finish you get with it..... with Enamel, it will go dull and never looks perfect after a few weeks.

I Shellaced my toes over 6 weeks ago and they are still fab!! (I know .. what am I like) they are as glossy as the day they were done.. amazing!!:D

Wow Karen, that is great 6 weeks old! Any chance of seeing a photo of them please, there are some great photos on the group but none with 6 week old nails! xx

I absolutely love Shellac, its such a godsend for my own nails let alone clients.
But what are the benefits on toes compared to polish, when I do a set of toes, my clients can get 4-6 weeks easy with polish so why would they want to pay for Shellac, what would the benefits be especially if it has to be removed after 14 days.

Client who are not willing to pay for Shellac just need a little boost from you! Give them a free sample on a pinkie for example. You know they are going to love it. You know they are going to talk about it. They want something new and may be not so widely available yet then they should be prepared to pay for it.

I have not had a single soul who did not like it on their nails. They love the look, they love the shine, they love the feel of them) this is a real boost for the industry!

I have applied fedora varnish on one toe and fedora shellac on another toe to check out the difference in couple of weeks! Watch this space!

Just Shellaced my toes with Hot Chilis and they look brilliant. Will now show off to clients. Although they are loving it on fingers so will get them hooked on toes.

Latest posts

Back