Shellac on toes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chixyorky

Reaction score
Hey geeks im probably going to sound really stupid now but i have just started offering shellac and i love it and have no problems just i dnt quite know how to have my client whilst im doing there toes? Usually with varnish i would have them on the couch but obviously they have their legs flat so its more comfortable for them so thats why i haven't tried doing it on couch. Have done it on a chair with me on a chair and the lamp on the floor and that wasn't too bad have also tried it with me sitting on floor so she didnt have to lift her leg up but i didnt think that seemed very professional?
Any advice? My couch isnt electric either?

Hi

I always do all of my nails painting on a couch, I allow them to have one leg straight whilst Im not working on it. Not a problem for me :)

Thanx for reply. Just was worried that they might bash there foot in the light when curing or their foot wouldnt be at the right angle in the light?

Ah I see what you mean, you just have to make them aware thats they have to be careful and I always guide there foot in telling them to mind the top of the lamp :)

Thank you will try this next time x much more comfy to be on couch for me and client xx
Thanx for advice x

I suffer with my back so Id have opted to d them on the couch to save my back regardless of my options, seems to work just find, hope you get on with it ok :)

If I'm lying on a beauty couch I'm far comfier with knees bent than straight legs as its less strain on lower back so ask clients to get comfy and you'll be able to find something that works for you. I always guide feet into the lamp as people tend to be clumsy (myself included!)

I tried it out today and checked with my client she was comfortable and guided her foot into lamp and it went perfectly!! Thanx geeks xxxxx

Well call me common but the client sits in my comfy chair and I grovel at their feet.

Have tried all sorts but I keep going back to this. x

Well call me common but the client sits in my comfy chair and I grovel at their feet.

Have tried all sorts but I keep going back to this. x

Aah your poor back! xx

I do mine on the couch, but some clients do have probs with feet slipping down, so I sometimes put a bolster under their knees for support and sometimes massage a little heal balm into their soles to helps them stick! The odd client has commented on a numb bum though!

Perhaps I ought to try a bit a grovel style on them instead?! :)

I'm a groveller too :). I did end up sitting in a dogs water bowl once though eek.
Was thinking of getting one of those little JML step stools to sit on. Once I've got my room sorted I will get a proper pedi stool
Vicki xx

I was starting to worry then...thinking that on top of everything else I had to buy a couch!! I think I will be grovelling too xx

I have a tiny gas lift chair from ikea. Amazing as they just sit in a chair that's higher up and I make it go low as it can :) x

Do you find that saves your back? This is all new to me, I start training next week and I suppose these are things I will have to think about xx

Yes because I'm not bending as much. Just my neck a lil bit but I don't think it's too much and get yourself regular massages! They really help x

ive been doing it with clients on a chair opposite me also but think im going to try on the couch as would also give me more room in my room!!

Thanx everyone for their replies
Have been doing it on couch and guiding foot in for a couple of days now and has worked perfectly every time x i knew someone would be able to help me on here!! X

Latest posts

Back