Shellac or Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fingertip

Reaction score
hi, I am really new to all this so here goes...
I want to use either Shellac or Gelish but not sure which is better and which Lamp would work with either both? or would i be better off buying the more expensive CND lamp and going on a shllac conversion course?
Help before i buy!

Hi, I am only familiar with Shellac and cannot speak to Gelish.

I love Shellac and have had great success with it. If you decide to go with Shellac, I would highly recommend a Shellac class.

Also, with Shellac you do NEED the new CND lamp or the older, Brisa lamp.

HTH and best of luck! :)

i use gelish and love the extensive range of colours u can buy and also the layering possibilites, shellac from what ive read hasnt got as many colours yet, but again the layering possibilities are great too! the obvious difference between the 2 is shellac is a hybrid polish and gelish is a gel polish. both are fab brands its just choosing now thats the hard part as woth anything peoples nails are different one person can suit one thing amd another person doesnt.

Hi I use Gelish and love it, it has really boosted my business, I even have client's coming to me who used to have shelac and they prefer Gelish. That's not to say Shelac isn't any good though, it is probably the techs who applied it. Reading on here there are lots of people who love shelac also.

I find gelish helps strengthen mine and my client's nails and they all manage to keep it on for 3 weeks plus! bar a couple who bash their nails about but because there is a structure gel, I am going to try putting this on the problem ones and see if it makes a difference.

The good thing also about Gelish is all the amazing colours, they are even bringing out a Magneto range in the spring which my client's are getting really excited bout, you don't have to spend a fortune on a Lamp either, unless you get the LED, which I would love to get in the future. HTH x

I use both, and love them both equally! CND lamp is a must for Shellac and will cure Gelish too, where Gelish lamp will not cure Shellac. I did the Shellac course and it was great and the certificate is fantastic! x

Whats the pay out costs for both? Are they pretty much the same for cost of kits? Plus do you charge about the same for gelish and shellac? Im really wanting to do a course but Im so torn!!

I use Gelish and LOVE it. I have used Shellac twice, covering for a friend who uses it, she' been sick a couple of times, I defiantly prefer Gelish, I like the brush's more, the consistency, density of the colours, extra strength and the durability, I havnt yet tried the structure but I am ordering next week. It's a great gel polish and with the added structure gel its a good all rounder.

I use Shellac in my salon and my clients love it. It's great to work with and everytime I wear it on my own nails someone will comment on how lovely they are. That said, my friend uses a salon in town which uses gelish - and the range of colours is amazing - I'm considering having both in my salon - but would never not hav shellac as my clients would be gutted!! I charge £20 for shellac and £22 for shellac rockstar and will most likely charge the same if I introduce gelish :)

I use both, and love them both equally! CND lamp is a must for Shellac and will cure Gelish too, where Gelish lamp will not cure Shellac. I did the Shellac course and it was great and the certificate is fantastic! x

Hi, can I ask which of the shellac courses did you do? Just a bit curious as you mentioned a certificate. I've also been looking at doing new courses with CND to add to my treatment lists. Thanks.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I've never tried Shellac but I do use Gelish and think its amazing, really popular! I love it! xx

Latest posts

Back