Shellac over enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unique.Tips

Reaction score
You could use Shellac on enhancements however it would be a waste really as standard varnish will last equally as long on enhancements.

I would imagine that soaking in acetone wraps will melt the tips slightly from underneath the gel.

If Shellacing over enhancements, I think you would want to buff off the Shellac instead of 'soaking' in acetone. The acetone would certainly compromise the enhancement. HTH! :)

However, I agree with naturalnails, it would seem a waste to me, as well.

There is certainly nothing to stop you using shellac over tips but as said you would have to buff off by hand or use a drill. Plenty are doing it. I just find that the polish I use dries in about 5 minutes anyway .. and that is using 2 coats of colour and Lumos top and bottom coats. But if you are wanting faster than that, then go for it if clients will pay the extra for 20 minutes of shellac service in order to save to save 5-10 minutes drying time. That's how I see it anyway.

When using Shellac over enhancements, you can skip the base coat and you will want to file off instead of soak ;)

Latest posts

Back