Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive just been asked if i could do a ring with peter andre in it preferably topless! I hope she was joking

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive just been asked if i could do a ring with peter andre in it preferably topless! I hope she was joking

LOL! If you manage it...please share! ;) x

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Just a wee tip I found easier while playing today was to put blu tack in the top part of a nail pop and stick the cabochon on it which makes it easy to paint and slide in and out the lamp for curing :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Did your lady not want her third hand painted? ;)
hahaha you got me! my hands are bare at the min lol it's finding the time working full time and a 1 year old, i know no excuse i should be sat up there doing them now lol x

I'm gonna make a load of these instead of colour pops for clients to choose their nails then hopefully buy the ring too!

I'm gonna make a load of these instead of colour pops for clients to choose their nails then hopefully buy the ring too!

Thats a fab idea!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Any particular recommendations or links for ring backs please? I love some of the ones on here with settings to put the stone into.

The peter andre set i made as a joke for my friend who is obsessed with him.
Its surprising what you can fit into a cabochon!
And my nails with matching ring & necklace set, nowhere near as good as maz's & other geeks as i can't find any settings to match this size.

Attachments

• 1384709340166.jpg
    1384709340166.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 670
  • 1384709401401.jpg
    1384709401401.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 695
xfb51j.jpg

Love playing about with these. Some lucky clients this year :)

I'm loving these.what a fab idea. I've looked on eBay but can only find sellers in other countries and its saying 3 or 4 weeks till delivery! Has anyone got a link to a seller in this country that can send them out quicker? Xx

Need to order some more!
I've found some simple ring blanks but it's just a flat circle to glue the ring too, is this ok? It means you can see some of the bottom of the cabochon. I'm just worried it will look messy if you can see where it's been painted? What do you think?

I'm loving these.what a fab idea. I've looked on eBay but can only find sellers in other countries and its saying 3 or 4 weeks till delivery! Has anyone got a link to a seller in this country that can send them out quicker? Xx

I've bought some new ring blanks from here, they've got some really lovely looking square earrings and bracelet settings too.
Cabochon | London Jewellery Supplies

I dont know what they are like because they haven't arrived yet and I've ordered some very large stones from an ebay seller.

I previously ordered some "antique bronze square rings" but the quality was dire, really tin like.

Need to order some more!
I've found some simple ring blanks but it's just a flat circle to glue the ring too, is this ok? It means you can see some of the bottom of the cabochon. I'm just worried it will look messy if you can see where it's been painted? What do you think?

I've ordered some of those type of rings and some very large cabochons.
I think just make sure your edges are neat and when you've finished your design put a layer of black on the back neatly and top coat, then that should look quite neat and clean.

LOL! If you manage it...please share! ;) x

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Yak! No please don't haha! Xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Yak! No please don't haha! Xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry I already have i'm afraid
I will stick to my glitter & gems no more naked men promise!

Thanks I'm off to order some now! X

Oh no something else I am going to have to have a go at lol x

View attachment 48011 my little set up and some I've just done. Glad I kept my mini lamp now, so handy to just pop over while curing! I just stick the cabochon to the blue tack while painting =) View attachment 48012 some where inspired by other geeks, hope you don't mind!

I'm getting a little bit confused with sizes..what size are these...there what i'm looking for

I have ordered some of ebay but might go to hobby craft in the morning as I don't think I can wait lol x

Latest posts

Back