Shellac rockstar complaint - dubious

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMills

Reaction score
I had a client for shellac rockstar on fingers and just shellac on toes last Monday. Her birthday was Thursday and she was going away. I just got a text saying 4 finger nails had chipped over the last couple of days and she hadn't done any washing etc as she was still away. I said as a good will gesture ill redo them but like for like regarding colour as i felt a bit dubious as it was her birthday and seemed like she now just wanted them.changed. and she replied back asking if she had to have rockstar again or coulf she have colour. I feel bad for doubting her but I'm also annoyed. whats your gut reaction?x

I'd ask her to come in, take a look and make a judgement as to whether you feel it's genuine or just a change of mind post birthday.

You could just reply back saying come in and we can have a chat about it. Nothing committed to.

I had a client for shellac rockstar on fingers and just shellac on toes last Monday. Her birthday was Thursday and she was going away. I just got a text saying 4 finger nails had chipped over the last couple of days and she hadn't done any washing etc as she was still away. I said as a good will gesture ill redo them but like for like regarding colour as i felt a bit dubious as it was her birthday and seemed like she now just wanted them.changed. and she replied back asking if she had to have rockstar again or coulf she have colour. I feel bad for doubting her but I'm also annoyed. whats your gut reaction?x

You remove and give her what she paid for. Nothing different or extra. Maybe she didn't like the rockstars and has picked at them. I would say Its either rockstars or nothing. I know colour is easier but I would be very annoyed If she picked it off to get a different set!! X x

She has sent me some very poor photos of the nails and it seems it could easily have been picked off.I think its time I need to harden up x

I think you need to trust your gut instinct. You said you suspected she wants a different colour, then she has confirmed that suspicion by asking if she still has to have the same so I would say you are right. Have a look at her nails, give them the once over with some scrubfresh and it will dehydrate her nails and any damage caused by picking & peeling will show up really clearly. If there's damage and she's picked them I would charge her for your extra work, if you're still in doubt and feel you want to remedy them for free then provide her with exactly the same as you did before whether she wants it or not. If you give her the benefit of the doubt and replace with a different colour, then you send her the message that it pays to try and pull as fast one and she's likley to do it again.

People forget that you're not a charity and you're trying to earn a living, dont let them take advantage.

Thanks for your replies. Just to ensure I cover all angles, can I tell you my procedure? I PEPed, then scrubfreshed, base coat x 10 secs, 1 colour coat x 120 secs, pat glitter in with finger, brush off excess then apply top coat x120 secs. Is this right?x

Thanks for your replies. Just to ensure I cover all angles, can I tell you my procedure? I PEPed, then scrubfreshed, base coat x 10 secs, 1 colour coat x 120 secs, pat glitter in with finger, brush off excess then apply top coat x120 secs. Is this right?x

yep thats fine, apart from I don't pat the glitter with my finger as it could contaminate the product and you could also become allergic due to over exposure to your skin, if you prefer to pat with fingers you could use the center piece you take out of a sculpting form and stick it to your finger first, this work great, also with rockstars I tend to use 2 top coats for a nice smooth finish, but this is really down to preference :)

Oh brill! Do you scrub in instead?x

Sometimes I just sprinkle and very gently pat with my brush for a more sparkly look, and if they want a more foiled look I scrub/burnish :)

When someone does this and then asks for something different. This to me is a sure sign of wanting a freebie, not to rectify what she had done in the first place. It is hard, as you don't want to lose that client. But at the end of the day, she could try this again and again. I would either redo what she had previously as a goodwill gesture, or remove it for her!

Latest posts

Back