Shellac Rockstar French - help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyF

Reaction score
This evening I did this manicure on a friend for her birthday. Shellac base - cure, Clearly Pink - cure, Gotcha tips - cure then press glitter into Gotcha, top coat - cure. The only problem is bits of glitter drift onto the clearly pink and I then had to lift them off with my curette which was very time consuming. I'm also worried about how this might adversely affect the service.

Any tips on how I can prevent this?

Thanks!

Lucy

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346879593.282717.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346879593.282717.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 884
This evening I did this manicure on a friend for her birthday. Shellac base - cure, Clearly Pink - cure, Gotcha tips - cure then press glitter into Gotcha, top coat - cure. The only problem is bits of glitter drift onto the clearly pink and I then had to lift them off with my curette which was very time consuming. I'm also worried about how this might adversely affect the service.

Any tips on how I can prevent this?

Thanks!

Lucy

I think you should be 'ok' to wipe with d.sperse once you have done your clearly pink and cure.

Then do your French tip colour, cure and then press/scrub glitter into sticky, brush away any residue glitter. Top cost whole nail and cure.

I think that method would prevent the glitter going where it shouldn't*

Thanks Becky, I wasn't sure if I could d.sperse the colour or not but this would seem like the ideal solution - I'll give it a go! x

Or, you can put a blob of topcoat on a plastic-backed bad or cup and mix in the glitter then apply the tips that way, cure then fully topcoat. or mix the Gotcha with the glitter then apply tips.
x

Many of us also make a glitter paste with topcoat and the glitter mixed together, and applied with a small brush to prevent glitter bits going where they shouldn't x

Or, you can put a blob of topcoat on a plastic-backed bad or cup and mix in the glitter then apply the tips that way, cure then fully topcoat. or mix the Gotcha with the glitter then apply tips.
x

Snap!! Lol xx

Thanks all - I'll give that a go!

either make a glitter paste or apply top coat to colour and then do glitter tip and re top coat xx

Latest posts

Back