Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have a client that has complained that her shellac french have turned GREY,it was french that i did but none of my other clients have complained of this?? Any help or ideas of what it may be? She said she had started using a new body lotion but i wudnt of thought that wud of caused that? Thanks x

does she wear leather gloves??? both the linings of my black and green leather gloves turned mine grey was very hard to get rid of and had to redo as i could still see it now had to ditch my expensive gloves for cheap fluffy ones!

All of these porous, coloured products are liable to discolour with the dye from gloves, as smile says, or other materials that have dye in them etc. You should maybe point this out to clients.

However it should not be necessary to remove the product .. I would just do a surface buff with a soft buffer and re-do the top coat (and I would charge for it ... She did not leave the salon with her nails discoloured ... It is something the client did). Any discolouration should only be on the surface.

The most common reasons I find are gloves, black jeans and hair dye/toner.
Xxx

Ow,thank u for the comments! Im going to see her tonight so will have a good luck n ask her about the gloves etc! Will let u know how it all goes, thank u! X :)

I did my nails with Shellac on Friday... I went for french and I have new black jeans... well I washed them three times, as the dye off them is unreal!!

My hands are constantly black and when I took them off last night my legs were completely black too ( I had used a body lotion that morning and that made them even worse)

As for my Shellac... it's still perfect.. honestly, it's still brand new looking!!

Latest posts

Back