Shocked!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with VHunter...I wouldn't want that type of clientele either, kinda shows your salon in a bad light.

But like I said, it would be a sort of discrimmination if these companies didn't cater to every personality type.

Stacey x

But it's not a personality ype, it represents an illegal drug. Not quite the same, so not discrimination :hug:

Do we not try and teach our kids the rights and wrongs in life?

So if we do then what does this say...ol the beauty people put drug leaves on thier minx..so it must be ok. I think this is a bad move by Minx to be honest..
what next a needle on minx!

I wouldn't stock this design either, I would be mortified to have someone walking around with them on and my 'name' attached to them iyswim?

If my child were to try anything like that I'd be wondering where I went wrong, not looking to blame it on what some one had on their nails, clothes or is seen to be doing in the press. The buck stops with me.

I wouldn't stock this design either, I would be mortified to have someone walking around with them on and my 'name' attached to them iyswim?

If the Minx were beautifully applied Id be far more interested in that than what was on it. x

There are certain saying's and this is one

"If you stand outside a shoe shop long enough, one day you will go in and buy a pair of shoes"

It doesn't mean your a bad parent..it just means when all this stuff is around you or in your face..then maybe one day..who knows....best to stay away from it right..........

There is enough of drugs/alcohol all around us/kids everyday...I just don't think we need to have it in beauty. x

But surely then, in that case, you can never let your kids out, watch tv or read a newspaper.

I grew up watching cowboy and indian films, reading my parents newspapers and watched them smoked 40 a day each. I have never shot anyone or smoked a single cigarette or been tempted to try anything illegal no matter who was doing it in the papers.

Bad things have always been out there, its just that once upon a time everyone thought it was up to parents to educate, not blame the world for every mistake a child might make in life.

But if said kids wasn't around in the house with parents smoking 40 a day, does that stop them reading a mag with minx in it and cannibis leaves on it..lets face it if it's to do with beauty then most kids want that...and think it's ok

Im not sure we will agree here so maybe have to disagree..but I honestly don't think this minx design had a place within the beauty industry.
I just know I wouldn't happy have someone walk around my house with cannabis leaves on thier nails in front of my kids!

I'm with Min on this one. Its a picture of a plant at the end of the day, hardly an instruction to go and do anything. No more then the ones with babies suggest going out and getting pregnant.

The hemp plant is used medicinally, for recreational drug use, in textile industries and seeing a picture of it certainly doesnt offend me.
Whilst i certainly wouldnt wear it myself there are people that will because the design appeals to them, maybe even to go with costumes.
Horses for courses.

So if minx brought out some designs with a heroin needles or bit of crack on then that's ok too??

I don't think any nails design promoting any drugs at all is cool or good or trendy in anyway what so ever!
X

Chocolatepickle....I wouldn't have expected you to disagree with this thread!

Noone wants there kids to take drugs etc... yet some of you defend cannabis leaves on Minx :rolleyes:

So if minx brought out some designs with a heroin needles or bit of crack on then that's ok too??

I don't think any nails design promoting any drugs at all is cool or good or trendy in anyway what so ever!
X
That is different, because they DO say drugs.
But, a cannabis leaf as said is also used medicinally as well as recreational, but also it is a provider of hemp-which is used in many beauty products! Yes we all know what it stands for, but as previously said it doesnt necessarily mean drugs.
Would you be quite so shocked at putting a bottle of alcohol on the minx-I suspect not and alcohol can be just as addictive and more dangerous as cannabis can be!

But, a cannabis leaf as said is also used medicinally as well as recreational, but also it is a provider of hemp-which is used in many beauty products! Yes we all know what it stands for, but as previously said it doesnt necessarily mean drugs.
Would you be quite so shocked at putting a bottle of alcohol on the minx-I suspect not and alcohol can be just as addictive and more dangerous as cannabis can be!

Alcohol isn't an illegal drug! You can buy it from normal shops! I personally don't like minx full stop so I wouldn't have any on my nails!
Did I say I was shocked? No, I just stated my view, I am not shocked by this at all! Just think it's a shame a company that has done so well brought out an image on their product that reflects one thing!
: )

Noone wants there kids to take drugs etc... yet some of you defend cannabis leaves on Minx :rolleyes:

I like to be a little unpredictable at times :wink2:

Whilst I am a fairly strict parent, I agree that much of it will be how I bring my boys up.
I had a strict upbringing in many ways but not regarding cannabis, people around me did smoke it. I dont and cant stand it- the smell makes me retch!

I think someone having it on their nails just looks a bit trashy but each to their own.

There's plenty of programmes on telly where people smoke drugs, Ali G just one of them, teenagers see them and would be more influenced by that then a set of nails in my opinion.

X

Body Shop sell Hemp products, best ban the kids from there too then.

Of course needles aren't ok in a nail design, I dont believe that leaf in its self as an image design any more promotes drug use than using hemp products.

Do you think the individual wearing this particular Minx design is all about the production of hemp? Seriously? We all know exactly what message is trying to be conveyed by the individual who chooses this design. Let's not delude ourselves here.

That said, the person making the choice to wear the design is an adult. I hope no self-respecting nail professional would dare apply this design to a minor! Minx's decision to market the design, we may not like, but it's all about the all-mighty dollar...like it or not. If the design sells, we're going to continue to see it.

Personally, I don't care what you put on your body. But in my opinion, this particular design looks cheap, trashy and ghetto.

Thats because to me I see that leaf and don't automatically think drugs in the very next thought. That plant has other uses than just that and there is nothing stopping anyone pointing that out should their child ask rather than the drug side.

Is everyone boycotting the cosmetic line Kate Moss is the face of now? If a famous star wore Minx and was known to have 'issues' should we all stop using the product? Where would the line be drawn?

Body Shop sell Hemp products, best ban the kids from there too then.

Of course needles aren't ok in a nail design, I dont believe that leaf in its self as an image design any more promotes drug use than using hemp products.

I didn't mention anything about banning kids? Did I?

The image of a leaf like this says one thing, now you may be on your own if you saw this on someones fingers and thought "aw lovely hemp beauty products" I am sure 17year old lads won't think that when their Chav mum comes home with this on their nails!
I maybe wrong mind ; )

I didn't mention anything about banning kids? Did I?

The image of a leaf like this says one thing, now you may be on your own if you saw this on someones fingers and thought "aw lovely hemp beauty products" I am sure 17year old lads won't think that when their Chav mum comes home with this on their nails!
I maybe wrong mind ; )

I'm bowing out as there's a fine line between opinion and offensive and actually I'm pretty offended.

I wouldn't look at it and see hemp products, I wouldn't think drugs right away either, as I've said. I don't want to even go there on the chav angle.

I actually should have known better than to have an opinion, I'll just go back to my corner and reflect on my apparently bad opinions!! :(:irked:

It's so amazing to me that a group of amazing, talented, professional women can turn an innocent and intelligent forum into a bitch-fest. I'm not interested.

I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back