Shocked!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheznails

Reaction score
Well I have just been having an exciting look through my ellisons catalogue...I came across the Minx page and I am shocked that I have seen that they do marijuana minx!!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

As long as it's not made from it or you might have some pretty stoned customers LOL

Why are you so shocked, its just a plant!
x

I am just anti drugs, been through a lot cuz of it and I just didn't expect to see it in my nail catalogue. But if it sells it sells, just won't be going in my Minx collection lol x

As long as it's not made from it or you might have some pretty stoned customers LOL

PMSL @ nailnewbie32

Why are you shocked. I've known people who have had massive posters with it on but they have ever and will never use it in real life. At the end of the day, it's just a picture of a leaf, no different to the minx with skulls, spiders on or the one called guns and dead people. I would guess it would apeal to the not so girly type of person.

PMSL @ nailnewbie32

Why are you shocked. I've known people who have had massive posters with it on but they have ever and will never use it in real life. At the end of the day, it's just a picture of a leaf, no different to the minx with skulls, spiders on or the one called guns and dead people. I would guess it would apeal to the not so girly type of person.

Exactly!

Yes I saw that too and did a double take! Lol. I suppose horses for courses and where it's not my taste there's probably someone out there who wants a cannabis leaf on their nails. Maybe Ali G or someone! Lol.

Yes I saw that too and did a double take! Lol. I suppose horses for courses and where it's not my taste there's probably someone out there who wants a cannabis leaf on their nails. Maybe Ali G or someone! Lol.

Too funny! I wouldn't personally stock Xx

It wouldn't be something I would buy but I suppose they have to cater for everyone.

Stacey x

omg. these both made me laugh SO much. :D

Personally, I think its pretty shocking. I realise that it is a plant, but we all know what the plant is associated with and stands for. Assuming only young people will go for it, I'm not sure that anything related to drug taking should be seen as fashionable or trendy.

JMHO

Personally, I think its pretty shocking. I realise that it is a plant, but we all know what the plant is associated with and stands for. Assuming only young people will go for it, I'm not sure that anything related to drug taking should be seen as fashionable or trendy.

JMHO

But Its just a symbol, it;s been around for a long time. It's like the Acid smiley face. It's a symbol . It doesn't mean you endorse what it's assocciated with. Maybe I'm just old and can associate with the trends, people don't always know the background, but it's 'cool'

I hope that makes sense!

I am just anti drugs, been through a lot cuz of it and I just didn't expect to see it in my nail catalogue. But if it sells it sells, just won't be going in my Minx collection lol x

Personally, I'm not impressed that they would add it to their collection.

JMHO

I have to agree. I'm very anti-drugs. Read that as VERY except in the case of the truly ill that 'need' it.....
NOTHING about drugs should be PROMOTED as fashionable or trendy and that's what Minx is doing by including that in their collection.

My opinion is that Minx is sending the wrong message, that they condone the use of drugs.
I personally would NEVER do business with anyone doing so.

People can argue until they are blue in the face that "it's just a leaf" but at the end of the day, we ALL know what that "leaf" represents and what message it's sending. That can't be denied.
So if that's the message that Minx wants to send, you can bet your bottom dollar it won't ever find itself in any of my art-collection.

And frankly, I don't want to attract that sort of clientel.

There Facebook photo ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1312439382.603670.jpg

I agree to catering to everyone, personally I really don't like the skulls spiders etc but I think the cannabis leaf is a little different- it's illegal afterall. Def not in my collection- I'll stick with the pretty stuff xx

That was my shock about seeing it. I don't see it as a leaf a I see it as a drug. I probably would have seen it as just a leaf if it hadn't put my life through a living hell and I didn't know what it can do to people x

I'm not that bothered about the design. I'm sure there will be people who will love it and those that will be dead against it, just like everything else. I have to say it is a brave choice minx have made especially as so many companies and the media are being criticised for glamorising drugs, alcohol,smoking etc etc

I agree with VHunter...I wouldn't want that type of clientele either, kinda shows your salon in a bad light.

But like I said, it would be a sort of discrimmination if these companies didn't cater to every personality type.

Stacey x

Erm no I would not stock it, asked me ten years ago, and yeah I would have and probably worn it too lol. It is a picture of a drug at the end of the day, weather its used for medical purposes such as pain relief or for people to get high. Plus people may see the design as fun and harmless, but there is the opportunity to cause offence, so I wouldnt use it or stock it. I do lots of young girls and their mums minx toes and would be realy imbarrised to get it out infront of a mum and her teenage daughter. This is MY personal opinion though, I would not look down on people who do use it but for me and the kind of clients I have it would be a definate no. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back