shoes for uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billie

Reaction score
Hi

I have bought a new uniform which is a black tunic and black 3/4 length trousers.

What style shoes should I wear with it? I have been doing a search on the sites and some people wear flip flops or mules

are there any other suggestions? ( apart from wellies)

cheers

Billie xx

Hi Billie,

I wear what I find comfortable: flip-flops, mules or low-heeled shoes.

I wear flat shoes from New Look - anything from plain black to the sparkly ones. In the summer I wear flip flops to show off my nail art

cheers for your replies

I need to pop out lunchtime and have a good look

thanks again

Billie xxx

I got some lovely little flat shoes from faith the other day, thay are white though so might not look that good with black! They are really cute a girly with a white flowery thing attached to the side!!
I sometimes just wear flip flop too if it's nice a toasty warm!!!

Tilly xx

I would love to wear toe thongs...they look so cute....but i cant bear that thing between my toes....makes me feel sick.....and i cant drive in open backed shoes....so i am limited...cos i would love to have my toes out.

so i need black with some bling...open toe....full backed....flat shoes....? not easy eh !!!. lol and someone once said i was fussy....cheek !!!! xxxx

I wear Birkenstocks. The ones that go through the toes. You can get some good copies in Tesco and other shoe shops, Next etc. The real ones are about 39 pounds and come in lots of colours including black and white. The most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.:D

i just wear some plain black mules, had them a while so cant remember where i got them frm! sorry.

hope u find something
xx

A friend of mine runs the company SHU CO which is the Ellisons catalogue, and the range was developed specifically for therapists so they are very comfortable and smart. don't think there are any open toed ones though!

thanks I will have a look

with the weather being so unpredicable I was thinking of the dolly shoes that are out

when it warms up then flip flops for me
but until then my toes will be cold

Billie xxxxx

Hi

I have always worn shoes that show off my toes, currently wedge flip flop types ! i also have some wedges without the thong bit between the toes and some fairly flattish smart flip flops - ive got all these from various places - Dune, Russell & Bromley and Clarkes !

The main thing from all my salon shoes are that my toes are out - im lucky i guess that i have a home salon so even in the winter i wear them without getting cold outside !

My toes are always brisa'd or polished to advertise another service that i offer - its one thing talking about having your toes done but its always a fantastic marketing opportunity to be showing them off !

Good luck with your search ! nows the time to be looking as all the gorgeous summer shoes are out

kx

seen some gorgeous ones in the high street shops

I cant choose now!!!

roll on summer

Billiexx

Hi Billie,

As your uniform is all black, you can wear shoes with a bit of colour to brighten you up if you like. I have a black and white uniform and i wear either white scholl shoes with diamonte, or black flip-flops. I also have a lilac and white uniform and i wear white and lilac flip flops. In the winter i tend to wear smart black shoes as its colder.

Ive got soem flat dolly black ones with white stitching from priceless shoes... They look lovely but not the most comfortable shoes i own!! The most comfortable ones were some backless white adidas trainers. They looked good with white but now i wear all black so had to give them a miss!

I wear pink ballet pump type shoes from New Look with my 3/4 length black trousers!! Cheap and sooo comfy, and the pink adds a splash of colour!! I've also got them in black. They don't slip on the floors either (godsend for clumsy fools like me!!)

xxx

Last time I attempted to wear flip flops for work I ended up tripping over & falling flat on my face! :o I have been looking through my open-toed shoes (who bought all of those??) & I can't find any that are as comfy as my boots! Sorry, I can't help with this one, I'm still looking.

hush puppies!!!!! Ive worn them since i was in colege. they have some really cute styles now in all sorts of colours.

x

NailStyle said:
I would love to wear toe thongs...they look so cute....but i cant bear that thing between my toes....makes me feel sick

:eek: Thought there was only me that felt like this!
Bought a cute pair recently... then remembered why I didnt have any pairs like this in my wee (lol) shoe collection!!!
I still like the square fronted ones used in the Sara-na toe ring ads though... would love a pair of those!

In the warmer weather I wear flat thong sandals/mules, still have a pair I bought in NewLook before we moved, they have a suede effect and are ultra comfy.
I am looking to get some new ones, I want some with a bit of bling that can also show off my toe-nailart.
I tend to wear black trousers with a white top, smart and comfy so basically any style of shoe will match :D

I wear ballet pumps too - black ones, for when I am doing my beauty treatments. Ever so comfortable! I saw some beaded slippers in Alias the other day and thought they'd be quite nice for when I am working at home! All depends on your taste and style I think!

Latest posts

Back