Short hair after extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
I've got a client complaining that her hair has vanished after she removed her extensions by me. Apparently her natural hair is thinner and 'inches shorter' than before. I fitted 150 micro ring 0.8g strands on her bleach blonde medium/thin hair. Against my advice, she removed her own microrings as she lives in another country.

Am I going crazy or is there absolutely NO reason why extensions would SHORTEN the hair?! I'm upset as she's a great client and has got me a lot of business.

She's coming back next week for a consultation and I'm worried she will not trust me anymore.

I'm terrified! If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. Please!!

xxx

Anyone online that can help as I'm really panicking?!

Ive never heard of anyone losing length from their hair after extensions and cant think of a reason how extensions can affect length!! Alot of people panic thinking theyre hair is thinner but usually its just because of the loss of the added volume they were used to. Plus she should not have removed them herself, she could hve caused the damage! Try not to worry hun xx

can't see how the hair could shorten hon, unless they had grown down tonnes and she has literally ripped them out, breaking the hair. Did she get all the aftercare info including not to remove them herself in writing and do you have note of this? xx

can't see how the hair could shorten hon, unless they had grown down tonnes and she has literally ripped them out, breaking the hair. Did she get all the aftercare info including not to remove them herself in writing and do you have note of this? xx

She received full aftercare advice and signed a disclaimer saying Im not responsible for any damage caused by not following aftercare advice and self removal xxx

She received full aftercare advice and signed a disclaimer saying Im not responsible for any damage caused by not following aftercare advice and self removal xxx

good good, Its hard not to worry about these things though hey. If you have a before picture it might be good to compare when you see her? I reckon shes been used to all the extra length and thickness and cant truely remember what her own hair was like or shes torn her own hair out with shoddy removal. Try not to worry until you see her, and remind her that she signed not to remove them herself xxx

Only thing that could shorten the hair is if she's been using hair straighteners a lot on the ends, obviously you tend to straighten the ends more to blend in with extensions but that's not your fault! I always tell clients to use heat protection spray for this reason x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If you advised her to come back for a removal and she didnt and removed them herself she could have done some damage to her hair but I doubt it will be any shorter.

I had the exact same problem, the girl for one was straightening and bleaching her hair to within an inch of its life so no doubt it had some snappage!! maybe your lady has done the same. Also sometimes people get used to the length and forget how short their hair actually was xx

This is why I always take a before and after picture of every fitting so that is there is any question on length or thickness they can see exactly what they had before. Because clients get used to the extensions being normal, they forget what they actually had to start off with.

I have known a few clients in past with blonde hair where bother the extensions and their own hair was getting shorter during wear, I was completely stumped as to what was up until I sent samples to supplier who did a series of tests and only way the snappage could be replicated was with excessive brushing and straightening.....turns out it was clients own fault.

She also said there is glue in the matted bits.... From stick tips?

It's made it so clear to me she has not followed aftercare advice. She wants another set, do I fit them and stress to her the importance of aftercare? She's got her consultation on Friday so I can properly speak to her then.

xx

If she wants a new set, give her a lecture and fit them. But blinkin well charge full price though as this is NOT your fault xxxxx

Latest posts

Back