Should I be mad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
hi as you know i rent above a hair salon and it's been about 9weeks now, doing quite well.

Saturday I had off but employ someone who I had work for me in my lasst salon so trust and can rely on her

Whilst i was out the hairdresser i was renting off come up with another woman measuring my beauty room and bed ect, (the girl)she was heard to be saying ill need shelves here and better plumbing,
the woman i rent off then turned to my therapist and said she was planning on having clonic irigation (sorry for the spelling) and this young lady would be sharing my beauty room ona saturday,

this is the room i do massage, facials and waxing in?!?! confused as to how this will work. its a small room! please feel free to look at pics i have on my profile.

what can i do i asked her straight out and she said nothing was for definate. but i dont want to share my room, i pay rent and have the whole upstairs reception area and 2 mani tables? is she within her rights to rent my room out which i rent off her im confussed and worried.

thanks

Don't know the logistics of how this would work and it sounds very strange that you would have to "share" a room that you rent! I would think she is trying it on here! No this does not sound normal! You'll have to ask her to explain properly what is going on. I would not think anyone had the right to rent a space twice.

At the salon where i work we do colonic hydrotherapy which i think is the same thing and we use one room for that, but other treatments go on in the room at different times of the day not at the same time. it would be impossible to do this while you have clients in for facials etc in the same room for one it is a very personal treatment and i doubt clients would want other people in the room while thats going on and two the room can be quite smelly afterwards!!

I would ask her to put it into writing, then say you will be seeking legal advice, see if she drops the idea. Yes, I think she's trying it on.

Did you have a contract when you started, I'm sure a verbal agreement has some legality.

I would also pay for a locksmith to come in and fit a lock of some description, but check the legalities of that too.

She can't do that!!!!! If you're renting the room, she shouldn't even be going in there, let alone renting it out.

Do you have any agreement saying that you have exclusive use of the room?

I've just re-read it and am getting mad for you!:mad:
How dare she!
I honestly believe that if you say to her that you are not prepared to share a room that you rent, and that you will seek legal advice she will back down.
You may have to forgo your stand-in therapist, as she may use that as a bargaining tool, ie you sublet so why can't she.

she hasn't even offered you a reduction in rent.

sounds like she is being very very greedy.

at the end of the day, you pay her rent, threaten to take that away and she may back off.

My advice, start looking for somewhere else, and next time, get a contract drawn up. (I've been in my place a 10 months and I still haven't got one).

Do you pay rent on a daily basis or per week? If you pay per week then it's yours, and she can't let it out again. If its per day and she wants to let it to someone else on the days you don't pay for then I think she can, but not on the days that you already rent.

Definitely tell her that you have had advise and that she can't let the same room simultaneously to two different parties.

Hi there,

Im so angry for you! How dare she!

I worked in a holistic centre that did colonic's and apparently by law the room in which you do the treatments there must be a toilet and two sinks. maybe that is what was ment by the plumbing comment?

I realy dont think she can do that, check your contract and speak to a good lawyer.

Hope this helps.
Good luck!
xxx

hi so I spoke to her face to face and she said nothing was definate, well today she had a man in and I clearly heard her saying she needed plumbing in their cos I'll be sharing my room n she intends to get someone in doing something else as I have a walk way between my salon shop floor n kitchen so she intends to turn thisinto a room also!!!

How do I approach her n word that she is not on I'm so stressed I feel sick it's making me ill.

I pay her weekly a percentage of my takings and have worked so hard I don't want to lose it all n if I seek legal advice which I can't afford it will make things uncomfortable.

if I seek legal advice which I can't afford it will make things uncomfortable.

Many solicitors offer a free advice clinic which wouldn't cost you a penny but will let you know where you stand. I think this would be very worth your while.

If you pay rent for the room then its yours and that's it!! Might be worth checking any written agreement you have though.

hi so I spoke to her face to face and she said nothing was definate, well today she had a man in and I clearly heard her saying she needed plumbing in their cos I'll be sharing my room n she intends to get someone in doing something else as I have a walk way between my salon shop floor n kitchen so she intends to turn thisinto a room also!!!

How do I approach her n word that she is not on I'm so stressed I feel sick it's making me ill.

I pay her weekly a percentage of my takings and have worked so hard I don't want to lose it all n if I seek legal advice which I can't afford it will make things uncomfortable.

Carla, do you actually have a contract with her? If you do it maybe worth checking the wording and small print. Can I ask also who made the contract initially? Btw if you don't have a contract I would say you are basically stuffed.

Sorry Carla, but I would seriously start retreating. Start making plans to LEAVE! she has every intention of doing this, no matter what she says to your face.
Start making plans to find another premises or think about taking your clients on as mobile until you find somewhere else.
Make sure your landlady hasn't got any of their details.

Latest posts

Back