Should I invest in an electric file???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Anna,
I would say yes to an e file, I bought mine form NSI, expensive £*** inc vat, But if you buy at a trade show, they ususally do a vat free offer, (they do have cheaper models) But training is a must, or you won't be insured to use it. Training with NSI is £*** + vat, But if you buy your e file from them before your training, the training is only £** + vat. So if you can manage an NSI near to you, buy both e file & training at the show & save vat on both.
I don't use mine a lot, but when I get a client with very thick nails done bt another tech, I use it. Also I use it on myself if I want to take my enhancements off, only use it on my left hand, then use traditional file for my right had, saves me some time. I have never used it to finish with as they do in the Asian NSS places, I haven't found the need to, but I have seen it done. We all know NEVER is it to be used on a natural nail plate, I have had many clients who have been to our local NSS place and told me of sore nails, when questioned, they told me the electric thing was used 1st ...........Aghhhh!!!!
Try before you buy if you can. Happy nails lotsa luv x :hug: :hug:

thanks again for ur input, i shall have a look @ the prof.beaut.show
anna:hug:

I think that an electric file is good to have. Once you get the hang of it, it will make backfills easier. And as far as breaking the bank, I just bought one on ebay for 50.00 with shipping. It came from china. Its a Mani Pro made by Kupa, and they sell in the magazines here in the US for $150-$250. if your interested just do a search on nail drills on ebay. good luck.
What you bought is cheap knock off.Real Mani Pro is manufactured in States not in China.Next time do your research and buy from reputable source.

What you bought is cheap knock off.Real Mani Pro is manufactured in States not in China.Next time do your research and buy from reputable source.

Oh dear :eek:

Wow, what is it with people picking on me, for buying a drill on ebay? Did I tell you to go out and buy one? No. So, seriously, what's it to you? And FYI it is NOT a knock off, it says KUPA right on it and that it was made in the USA right in California actually. If you don't believe me, I could send you a picture and the warranty information. Maybe you should do your research. Does everything that is sold in the USA come from the USA? No. Just because it was shipped from china, doesn't mean it was made there. I am not stupid. I research everything before I buy it! Trust me on that one.

PS.
there are nice ways to say things...

Dear Sarah Rose,
I know more about e-files than you think and only Kupa File made out of US (Japan to be exact) is UP 200.And don't beleive everything it says on the box
and "warranty papers".And if you ever need to service your e-file ,people from Kupa service department will tell you same as I did.Untill then,enjoy your e-file.

I guess its like buying a designer top....If you get it from the market and it has a label saying D&G then you can bet your bottom dollar its not genuine....If you want genuine then you would have to go to the authorised distributors.

This is getting off topic...

For what my 2 cents is worth, there are A LOT of good things on ebay. I refuse to believe that every expensive brand on ebay is a knock off, because I sell and buy on ebay, and the brands I sell (like, a coach bag, or a used prada jacket I don't want anymore) ARE real. They DO come with papers.

How ignorant to assume because something ships from somewhere in China or Japan, it must be fake? Lets get real here.

As for buying prof. products on ebay - I think it's sort of rude to comment when the person who posted it only wanted to discuss how she obtained hers as a benefit to the person who had inquiries about the drill in the first place.

The hostility that arises from these threads sometimes is so gross! Let's grow up a little, huh? :rolleyes:

This is getting off topic...

For what my 2 cents is worth, there are A LOT of good things on ebay. I refuse to believe that every expensive brand on ebay is a knock off, because I sell and buy on ebay, and the brands I sell (like, a coach bag, or a used prada jacket I don't want anymore) ARE real. They DO come with papers.

How ignorant to assume because something ships from somewhere in China or Japan, it must be fake? Lets get real here.

As for buying prof. products on ebay - I think it's sort of rude to comment when the person who posted it only wanted to discuss how she obtained hers as a benefit to the person who had inquiries about the drill in the first place.

The hostility that arises from these threads sometimes is so gross! Let's grow up a little, huh? :rolleyes:

Nobody was rude or ignorant , I am sorry that you got that impression.
I base my statements on facts, not assumption.

I am from the states also, and it seems I've seen a lot of negativity on this forum regarding ebay. My personal opinion is, that when you search and buy carefully, ebay is a woman's best friend. (and a man's too, for that matter.)

There are certain things that are great to buy on ebay, and certain things that are better bought locally. I may be burned for saying this, but I have carufully bought nail equipment and supplies from private parties on ebay. Many of them were women getting out of the business. All things came exactly as described. Lots of feedback, 99% or better, is a must.

I would not hesitate one second to buy a nail drill on ebay. They are so expensive. And you can buy them for a fraction of the price on ebay. However, I will say to use some caution when buying from china. It seems they have become masters of finding expensive items to sell replicas of.

I personally like buying from sellers who are not mass sellers (just ordinary people who are selling their stuff.). I find the best deals that way.

To address the poster's original question, I think a e-file would be a great tool to have. It is nice to get your application down-pat, and use less filing, but honestly there are always times when an e-file is great to have.

You can't go wrong with kupa. Do a search on ebay, and only search in your country by selecting the option on the left. Steer away from foreign purchases, at least that's my experience. Good luck!!

To answer the thread .... it's not gonna save you much time.
When you learn to apply correctly, there's very little to take off.

Accurate and filing is much more gentle to remove lift.

When you are applying acrylic ask yourself (where am I putting this and why .... is it too much) if it's too much don't put it on, then you dint have to take it off ...EVER.

Many complain of carpel tunnel, aches and pains from filing their asses off ..... WELL, you shouldn't be filing your ass off.

A miss-conception with filing is that filing harder or faster removes more acrylic, (THIS IS FALSE) , all it does is clog your files.

If you were to sand a painted wall with sandpaper and apply pressure and speed, you would have to replace your sandpaper every 5 minutes, because it clogs and becomes useless. Whereas, if you apply constant (reasonably gentle pressure) your sandpaper would last much much longer and do a much more efficient job.

This applies to doing nails, apply accurate gentle pressure and longer strokes (your file is about 8" long), but many only use 3" at lightning speed.

To be quite honest, if your product and application is any good, the filing process actually "ADDS" scratches to your good work.

Filing should be "refinement", not the hard slog everyone makes it out to be.

As far as speed is concerned ...... Most good technicians with an equally good product and application technique could beat someone with an e-file hands down (pardon the pun)..... and end up with a much more refined looking nail. (the exception would be smile lines).

E-file die hards always demonstrate how gentle a file is on flexible skin showing it doesn't damage or abrade (thats an old tradeshow technique that often impresses the gullible) and to a certain degree it makes sense ...... BUT as soon as you touch that e-file to a surface with some substance or firmness IE: A Nail ..... (it will eat in and cut through (thats what it was designed to do).

A file takes much more time to cause friction (and by then I would have kicked you in the shins when you caused me pain).

Often we accidentally create more work for ourselves .... try creating less work for yourself from the start, rather than looking for an easy way out of being initially lazy or haphazard.

As far as buying an e-file from ebay, if that same brand is sold on ebay (I'd prob buy it), but remember, getting it back to them when something goes wrong can be a right pain and considerable postage.

Big brand = big price, but also = big backup service (and often training thrown in).

Latest posts

Back