Should I start a nail blog and what sort of things would you want to see?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

souz

Reaction score
I have been told i should start a blog but not sure what people would want to read about and if anyone would follow it? any suggestions??

I've done a similar thing!
God knows if anyone will read it but its worth a go!
I'm just going to write about hairdressing and my experiences of my nail course I'll be doing next month.
If you have a website or Facebook page I think it's a good idea to link the two. Give our clients or friends a bit of insight to your day and what you do.

I would read it! You could write about day to day salon stuff or important industry topics, or how fashion influences nail art, anything really. Whatever you find interesting :)

I would read it! You could write about day to day salon stuff or important industry topics, or how fashion influences nail art, anything really. Whatever you find interesting :)

thanks sugamama, i find lots of things interesting so should have plenty to talk about, my main interests are nails and business xx

I'd certainly find it interesting, if you could get a mix of nails & buisness in it would be great for all to read! Xx

I <3 blogs. I would love to see reviews of products, colour pops, discussions on techniques, hints and tips etc.

I would definitely read it. I'd love to hear about hints and tips, days in the salon, new products you are bringing in etc.

Would you do this as a professional blog? I would be SO intetested if it were. x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I like reading blogs. I like to see hints, tips, techniques, prices, where to buy. good luck

well ive started one!!im still trying to get the hang of it so bare with me lol...if anyone wants to have a look its souznails.wordpress.com

well ive started one!!im still trying to get the hang of it so bare with me lol...if anyone wants to have a look its souznails.wordpress.com

Aww, I can't find it :(

I can't find it either &#128546;

I found it fine:

http://souznails.wordpress.com/

Good start! I'll be following it closely, I want to start my own but have no idea what to write about! x

Hey! Im the same I started mine a while back using blogger - ill follow yours if you follow mine
www.shahildarboutique.blogspot.com

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Find a few blogs you like and follow them - firstly for ideas but secondly to link to theirs when you have a slow day or week. You might find they link back to you in future. You could use a lot of social media for posting links. People like to follow blogs that show them where the 'good stuff' can be found online - if you can cut out the work for them they'll enjoy the post. Link to interesting articles, fb pages, blogs, twitter feeds, Pinterest boards etc that you come across.

Also keep a list of things you could write about, for inspiration Xx good luck!

thanks everyone, its not how i want it to be at the moment but illgo with it for now!! xx

thanks everyone, its not how i want it to be at the moment but illgo with it for now!! xx

Great start. I look forward to continuing reading it. :)

I'm following and have it on my home page next to SG x

I'm following too xx

Latest posts

Back