Should Lash Extentions Look Fake???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautymamma

Reaction score
Hi all geeks,

My thread is to all you lashers out there! I am really interested in going on a lash course and there is so many companies out there it is mind boggling! Back to my question though. I have noticed a few mums I know have had their lashes 'done' and I could tell - is it because I am just hyper aware of lashes at the mo or is it because they had a poor application? Should you be able to tell lashes have been extended or if your just super good they should look natural?

Lookin forward to hear your views. :biggrin:

Both tbh. You can get a natural look using thinner and less donor lashes or you can go to the extreme of mega fake and as soon as you look you can tell.

It is all dependant on the client though. Can also be the application if the glue has clumped and stuck a lot of lashes together poor spacing application etc.

There is a difference between looking good false or bad false if you know what I mean.

Cath
x

lol this just lke nails ! some people just want nails that look false, some want natrual nails, some want cheap nails......................market yourself where you want to be !

it can depend on many factors. generally speaking a good professional set of lash extentions should look longer, fuller and flawless (and natural). BUT, it depends hugely on how they have been applied, if they have been rushed and lashes are stuck together they can look terrible and very false (and scruffy). the individual lashes themselves come in several different thicknesses, lengths and style of curl (and colours). it is important to choose the right lash for you client. if the lash is to thick for your clients natural lash it might cause your clients natural lashes to fall out prematurely due to the weight. if the lashes are the wrong style of curl for your clients shape of eye this also can look a bit odd and false. aslo i have a few clietns who believe it or not want quite a false dramatic in your face type of look just because thats what they like. so there is more to lash extentions than meets the EYE, haha! seriously though, its an amazing treament to be able to give but it takes practice to master well and patience as it is a lengthy treatment. hope this helps :green:

When I had my lash extensions, it just looked like I had naturally fabulous lashes :) People used to ask if they were real sometimes, I think mainly because they couldn't believe how long they were, rather than they looked fake.

Hi, In short you shouldnt be able to tell they have been extended.
Have fun researching lashes :)
Lou x

Take a look at the girls photo albums in their profiles who do lash extensions or their website pics and you will be able to see for yourself that a good application results in a fab set of lashes,
a poor application doesn't look quite as good,
it is a treatment that needs lots of practise to perfect just like nails,
a natural looking set can be applied where you can not tell at all but most clients tend to go for the glamour look which looks like they have perfectly applied mascara, hth

Hello all
I have been tempted for some time to get lash extensions, so far I have just been buying the DIY kits from Boots and dont really like them as they do tend to look fake - what I would like to know is if I were to get them done professionally then
1. How long would they last for ?
2. Are they high maintainence to look after ?
3. Is there any brands in particular I should look out far or which brands or systems would you recommend as professionals ?

Sorry for the questions, this is an area which is new to me and I know very little about it :)

Thanks in advance for your help x

Hello all
I have been tempted for some time to get lash extensions, so far I have just been buying the DIY kits from Boots and dont really like them as they do tend to look fake - what I would like to know is if I were to get them done professionally then
1. How long would they last for ?
2. Are they high maintainence to look after ?
3. Is there any brands in particular I should look out far or which brands or systems would you recommend as professionals ?

Sorry for the questions, this is an area which is new to me and I know very little about it :)

Thanks in advance for your help x

The lashes that we are discussing in this thread are semi permanent lashes, they are one single lash extension (not a flare) that are attached to one single natural lash,
1. they can last up to 3 months with the correct after care and infill appointments.
2. they are relatively easy to care for if you can spare 10 mins a day and follow the advise given.
3. have a look around the site and you will see which are the popular brands, but it is down to the skills of the technician applying them as to how good they will look, you could go with what you thought was the best brand in the world but if they are applied badly they will still look terrible.
hope this helps :hug:

The lashes that we are discussing in this thread are semi permanent lashes, they are one single lash extension (not a flare) that are attached to one single natural lash,
1. they can last up to 3 months with the correct after care and infill appointments.
2. they are relatively easy to care for if you can spare 10 mins a day and follow the advise given.
3. have a look around the site and you will see which are the popular brands, but it is down to the skills of the technician applying them as to how good they will look, you could go with what you thought was the best brand in the world but if they are applied badly they will still look terrible.
hope this helps :hug:

Yes this helps alot, thanks for your response

Rachel :)

weather its eyelash extensions,nails or spray tan there are two mind sets out there.

Those that want to look natural and those that want to enhance certain aspects of there appearance.

A good example is if you look at some of the younger girls out on a Friday night who have had a spray tan and look orange...in there minds eye having a spray tan is to look like this..because they have simply followed the pack of others and or they want to show they have had a spray tan..."look at me ,im doing fine I can afford beauty treatments to help me look good" kind of thing:eek:

The same applies with lashes..we see the pop and film stars jigging about on the big screen with over the top lashes,tans,nails,dress code and in many case implants :eek::lol::hug:

This conditions us mere mortals to follow the trend...look at models and the whole skinny look and how many problems this caused yound ladies over the years:irked:

Trouble is that what looks good on the screen for a female singer doesn't necessarily look good when a young girl goes off to work in a school canteen situation.

In summary there will always be two mind sets...as beauty therapists we can only provide the consumer with what they ask for...with a bit of professional advise to help them come to a decision as to what look they are trying to achieve,what should look good on them and of course what in our professional opinion doesn't suit them.

At the end of the day the consumer will always make the final decision.
HTH :hug:

Thanks for all your relies Geeks much appreciated xxx

Should they or shouldn't ?
Up tu the client.
I have few clients who wants lashes to look fake, as thick as possible, looong. They will not listen to my advice that it could be to heavy for their natural lashes, but they see me every two weeks for maintaince. So, whatever client wish let it be :)

Latest posts

Back