Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrea you are more than welcome to go and look at my first lash album and see my first sets. They were horrendous! My models thought they were great :eek:
I cringe now when I look at them but it's good to take photos as you can see how far you have come.
With regards to time, you work at your own speed and you take as long as it takes. If if takes you one hour or 2 hours, it doesn't matter as long as you feel comfortable. Speed comes with time.
Also there are so many lash companies now and I know some say that 30 lashes per eye is a full set :eek:
Some clients have sparse lashes and it's easy to place 4 or 5 lashes on per minute when you don't really have to isolate any lashes.
Every client is different, some fidget, some flicker their eyes, some have criss-cross lashes, some have straight lashes, some have loose skin etc so this all has to be factored in.
I can do some full sets in an hour and others take longer, it just depends on the client.
Glue also makes a huge difference. I have just started using the new Lash Perfect glue and it has cut my time down even more and the lashes are lasting longer. It's almost 3 times the price of my usual glue but it comes in 5x2g tubes so it lasts longer anyway as you don't have to open a 10g pot.
Happy lashing :biggrin:

Oops this thread has gone a little awry, let's hope we can get it back on track.
2-3 weeks is the norm to come back for infills although we all get those clients that come back after a few weeks with 5 or 6 lashes clinging on for dear life hoping to only have to pay for an infill :rolleyes:
You will get the odd client that can go longer but most of my clients come back after 2 or 3 weeks.
I think Jurate misunderstood the post and received a bit of a hard time. I didn't take what she said in the wrong way and I think a couple of replies were a bit uncalled for.
Anyway, just as a matter of interest Jurate, who did you train with?
You may very well have already said in this thread but I didn't want to read back through 39 pages :eek:

Thank you for for a kind reply, Angelina! I actually felt like closing my account on over here.

I trained with my college, using blink lashes. My trainer has been doing lashes for over 10 years ... And nope, I hadn't mentioned that in any of the previous pages :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Angelina, you are correct, this post has gone a bit awry and I for one didnt help.

To Jurate: I apologise to you for my earlier post.

I am a new-ish (since 2011!:eek:). Any information on lashes that I think would help in my development is welcomed. However, when I come across information like 45 minutes for a full set of lash extensions and 4-5 week infills make me think seriously whether I have been doing something seriously wrong!

Let's put this thread back on track, as the title said, SHOW us your lashes.

I won't be showing any of mine for a very long time.

ADiva, if you have a look I never said that I can do a set in 45 minutes :( I was merely saying that I knew a few lashers that could do it and was hoping to get to that speed some time soon :( and afterwards I posted a pic of badly done lashes that I had to correct as an example of bad 45 min job.

Anyway, I hope this thing hasn't put anyone else off this thread because I for one will not feel like commenting/posting pics over any time soon.

I have openly disclosed all information about me. I have posted pics of my first set I've done along with the dates on when I have done them in previous pages.

I shared my personal experiences & opinions and have been attacked for them.

:(

P. S. Meant to give you a hug but can't find that emoticon on my phone! Xxx

I'm a v new lasher and seeing Jurates lashes really motivated me after a bad try, and I'm improving, listening to all lashers.

Please all keep showing me your lashes, Ive loved this thread :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Thank you (where's that hug emoticon?!) :)

Please don't go Jurate....I love reading your posts and for lashes are just beautiful..xxx

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

Well to get the thread back, here is a set I did today.
Excuse the first picture, every time I took a pic she kept closing her eyes-lol
Excuse the poor quality of the 2nd picture-I think I need camera lessons!

Attachments

• julie before.jpg
    julie before.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 268
  • julie2.jpg
    julie2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 293
Thanks to all of you for your comments. Sorry didn't mean to cause all this. All of the info you gave me has been great and Jurate I do love your lashes. I do follow your posts. I will have a chat with blinking and see if she can help. Thanks to all of you guys. Your information is priceless. Big hug. X x x

I've been away for the weekend so haven't used my phone.

JURATE please don't leave our lash family 😢
I love looking at the pictures on here!
❤😊❌❌❌❌

I've been away for the weekend so haven't used my phone.

JURATE please don't leave our lash family 😢
I love looking at the pictures on here!
❤😊❌❌❌❌

I'm too hooked to give up :) I just felt like it last night :( its a new day though :D thank you all for being so kind. I do apologise to anyone I may have misled, it was never my intention. And I still stand for (and may be held responsible for) every single one of my posts :D
Just to end all of this stupid debate, here is the latest set I've done:
4yjujudu.jpg

Lashes are about 99% of all of my treatments that I do on a daily basis and I feel quite confident doing them, although obviously I still have a long way to go as I've not been doing them for too long. However, I am fully booked most weeks, I have a lovely group of regulars that have been with me from day one.

I do have a full time job that is not beauty related which means I can only take up to 10-12 clients a week.

The set I've posted a pic of is B curl .2 11,10,9 with a couple of 12 :)

Sorry for rambling on, I get those days where I can't shut up talking :D

Sorry if this has already been asked only read the last few pages.

Do you have different prices for different amounts of lashes eg. Natural, full and glamour? Or do you just have a standard price and lash as many lashes as possible? Xx

are any of u expert lashers in the worcestershire area? x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Sorry if this has already been asked only read the last few pages.

Do you have different prices for different amounts of lashes eg. Natural, full and glamour? Or do you just have a standard price and lash as many lashes as possible? Xx

Yes I do a natural set, full set and glamour set. I do explain to clients that it goes on the amount of lashes that they have and you can still get a glamour look from a natural set.

Yes I do a natural set, full set and glamour set. I do explain to clients that it goes on the amount of lashes that they have and you can still get a glamour look from a natural set.

Thank you xx

Anyone near Northampton? Really want mine doing for a school reunion in November but too scared to go to someone I don't know from Adam in case they look like some of the ones on here you guys have had to rectify :eek: mine are already quite long but the older I get, the less of them there is :( could do with filling them out a bit

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

ok I am going to attempt to post pics of my 1st couple of sets of express lashes, I only trained in them last week and I am only trained in express lashes, please give me your honest opinions, I am mostly concerned that i am not putting anywhere near enough lashes on :!:

Attachments

• lashes 181012.jpg
    lashes 181012.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Lashes 211012.jpg
    Lashes 211012.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 228
Hi,

Can I ask how people charge for infills. I was charging a set amount but found that clients come back 4 weeks later expecting an infill when they have very few left or they have mis treated them and I am expected to put them right.

I charge by my time, once I have placed eye pads and removed any wonky ones. I think it is working and I find that clients, the few I have, are looking after them better.

It would be interesting to hear how you charge your clients.

Hi,

Can I ask how people charge for infills. I was charging a set amount but found that clients come back 4 weeks later expecting an infill when they have very few left or they have mis treated them and I am expected to put them right.

I charge by my time, once I have placed eye pads and removed any wonky ones. I think it is working and I find that clients, the few I have, are looking after them better.

It would be interesting to hear how you charge your clients.

I also charge by time.

If they book 30 mins and come in with 6 lashes on each eye, they still only get a 30 minute infill. I find this works really well and helps me plan my diary on days when i am busy. If their lashes are dirty and I spend 10 minutes cleaning them, they get a 20 minute infill.

Clients are smart and want the best service for the least cost but if you educate them (very politely) it really helps x

Latest posts

Back