Show us your nail foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love doing foils, it's so simple and really effective!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389563020.639534.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389563189.441489.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389563256.808530.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389563331.768447.jpg

These are not great pictures. I am ok to do foil details but I am not getting it right with full nail.

Attachments

• midnightswim.jpg
    midnightswim.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 822
  • White and Silver.jpg
    White and Silver.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 835
My peacock foil works great Rebecca. I use my foil adhesive and cure for 2 mins like the others have said xxx

Ah I haven't tried it with adhesive Heather, just tried with inhibition layer. I'll buy some adhesive. Thanks hun xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I got the peacock one to do full coverage with the nail glue, looked amazing

Attachments

• 1389567127615.jpg
    1389567127615.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 811
  • 1389567184450.jpg
    1389567184450.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 795
I'm having major problems with foils :( I use OPI Gelcolor which I know they don't stick to so I tried some adhesive and still couldn't get it. It was a little better randomly dotted about but try too much and it just pulls the rest off. Couldn't get full coverage. Tried it with the shellac top coat as it must stick to that, still failed :( I've used different foils including the CND ones, watched YouTube videos (fingernail fixer makes it look so easy hehe) to no avail. Any tips you guys? I'm getting desperate. Thanks xx

These top ones s arere amazing. Where are they from? :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm having major problems with foils :( I use OPI Gelcolor which I know they don't stick to so I tried some adhesive and still couldn't get it. It was a little better randomly dotted about but try too much and it just pulls the rest off. Couldn't get full coverage. Tried it with the shellac top coat as it must stick to that, still failed :( I've used different foils including the CND ones, watched YouTube videos (fingernail fixer makes it look so easy hehe) to no avail. Any tips you guys? I'm getting desperate. Thanks xx

Have you tried the glue method? You will need to use foil glue after you have topcoated & cured. Wipe inhibition layer then paint on glue, cure. Then smooth foil over nail using a nail pad not your finger (I use soft landings pads). The foil should stick to the nail to give full coverage, topcoat, cure! HTH, it takes a bit of practise but you'll get there! 😄

Can anyone tell me how they store their foils? Some foils I bought only come in little bags and id like to sort them all out into little pots but I can't seem to find the right size! I love foils!! 😁

Can anyone tell me how they store their foils? Some foils I bought only come in little bags and id like to sort them all out into little pots but I can't seem to find the right size! I love foils!! 😁

Hiya I get little pots from a seller on eBay called , Shc_web , they sell lots of different sizes n shapes. They sell small tubes, ones like what you get some foils in . I get their pots for acrylic and foils. They have 1 ml , 2 ml, 5 ml , 10 ml and 30 ml tubes . 😊

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1389609361511.jpg
    1389609361511.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 739
I will have a look! Thanks you x

I keep mine in those little pots or if they come flat I have a little tin x

Thank you mrs Turner they were cheap as chips! Bought 20 to be getting on with....😁

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389622883.467472.jpg

Foils are my favorite thing!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389622919.085823.jpg

I've tried 2 wholesalers today and can't get foil adhesive. Any recommendations please? I also broke my lamp and 2 bottles of Gelish, so I need cheering up 😭 xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

eBay nail foil adhesive. Why can I ask do people use the glue as well if you can stick into the tacky layer?

Latest posts

Back