Show us your tattoos/what are their meanings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is mine currently, part 4 on shoulder is 10 days old. Part 5 (november) will go down my hip (please ignore the back fat lol)

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1404771858973.jpg
    1404771858973.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 1404771900050.jpg
    1404771900050.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 217
This is mine currently, part 4 on shoulder is 10 days old. Part 5 (november) will go down my hip (please ignore the back fat lol)

Beautiful. X

Sent from my LG-D802 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread. I have a bird of paradise on my back. Love it, it's beautiful but ive had cherry blossoms added and had to finally admit today to myself 2 years after having them done I don't love them.
I should have gone back to the same guy who did my bird. Feel totally gutted with myself :(
So I've decided on going back to my bird guy take the ribbing he will give me and get a cover up. Don't care how long it takes I want a fabulous back piece when done. I'm going to see him on thursday for a chat and get some appointments booked. I'm on holiday in a few weeks so will be August before it gets started.
Here is it now. The bathroom lights leech all the colour out my bird is quite vibrant but you can see too much wood.
I'm thinking hibiscus and extending further down and across the bottom of my back.
I will post pics as we go. Hopefully will be at last the piece I love totally
Vicki x

Sent from my LG-D802 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404858664.980467.jpg
Pic didn't load x

I had this done last Thursday for my mum who passed away on the 24th June . The pic was taken straight after it was done. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404860509.184024.jpgI'm going to get the dove coloured in white when it is healed.

Thank you. I do really like the 1st as it is very nice and is grown up etc like you say but I just feel the second one compliments my personality better. I know people say you'll regret it when you're older but that's why I want it in a place I can cover up too. I was having this discussion last night and I don't ever regret things as I believe I make those decisions for a reason at those times. But that's just me I guess.

Any advice on pain relief as I'm a wimp and am fully aware it's going to be awful on ribs lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah I do actually agree that when you make a decision it is the right decision at that time. So I don't normally have regrets but I think I grew out of the dolphin so had it replaced with something more grown up. You would always have that option anyway.

Unfortunately I have no advice for pain relief really. When going for a tattoo I don't tend to have any form of pain relief although when I got my eyebrows tattooed they used a cream called Emla I think which is supposed to numb the area so you could always try that!! Or a couple of pain killers half an hour before you go in.
Good luck and look forward to seeing pics. Xxx

If you have a good tattooist you shouldn't need pain relief. I get a mild burning about 20 mins b4 the end of a 2 hour sitting n this last one on my shoulder didn't even do that. It's like being gently scrapped with a fountain pen ☺ numbing cream has been known to pull the colour out btw.
There's a sign up at my tattooist saying summat along the lines of 'no catawailing, no crying n no asking for your mother, suck it up' lolol

Haha I'm allergic to emla and lignocaine so not really sure if I can have any topical anesthetic anyway. I will try to be brave. Getting it done in September when I come back from holiday :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok so I hate even talking about this. When I was 21 I was really into tarot. The high priestess of tarot is Isis, so did I get a picture of her. No! I had to get the word Isis symbolised with a red rose. Now a days Isis has a very different meaning and im all in knots as I hate it and can't afford to get it covered or removed at the moment :(

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok so I hate even talking about this. When I was 21 I was really into tarot. The high priestess of tarot is Isis, so did I get a picture of her. No! I had to get the word Isis symbolised with a red rose. Now a days Isis has a very different meaning and im all in knots as I hate it and can't afford to get it covered or removed at the moment :(

Don't be hard on yourself, it still has the same meaning for you that it always did. Have you tried makeup to cover it?x

Don't be hard on yourself, it still has the same meaning for you that it always did. Have you tried makeup to cover it?x

No, but it's mainly on holiday in bikinis that anyone would see it and think im a terrorist. Thankfully high waisted is in fashion as the stupid thing is on the base of my back

Had a pink shimmer added to my mirror today!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404923742.993745.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404927479.481086.jpg pretty much means what is says ❤️

thanks soph! yeah wasn't too bad it was my first and the pian was bearable on the middle bits but when it got round to the fleshier hips it hurt a little more but it was more the annoying pain rather than hurting, if that makes sense! my leg went dead half way through so my attention was more on that than my tattoo haha!! Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405335261.846680.jpg

my rose :). upside down pic!

I've got two tattoos the first one I got is off a paw print and the second one is from a band called coheed and Cambria I just liked the symbol that they used for them and I like there music to. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406758491.635785.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406758613.675460.jpg

Latest posts

Back