Show us your website!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heya severnrose, your site looks good but, one thing I noticed to straight away is you can't see the telephone number to call very well and you still have a 'be the envy of your colleagues this Christmas' pic in there. That need to be removed for now lol. I have checked spelling etc, I just check the overall look :) and looks good apart from those 2 things. X

Very nice site Hun. I would say it struck me as odd you have a picture of wallpaper in your slide show on the home page... I know this is the artsy side of you and showing customers the atmosphere and room they will be in, but it struck me as strange, so maybe try without that one? And a pic of all the colours you have instead? Or your best set of nails you have done to date and keep updating just that one pic as a taster ? Just ideas, all in all good though. Like the last one I haven't read through for spelling etc. just overall look, if you want me to go through thoroughly pm me to let me know x

Heya severnrose, your site looks good but, one thing I noticed to straight away is you can't see the telephone number to call very well and you still have a 'be the envy of your colleagues this Christmas' pic in there. That need to be removed for now lol. I have checked spelling etc, I just check the overall look :) and looks good apart from those 2 things. X

Hello! Thank you so much for the feedback, I often have people comment on how good my site is so always welcome comments or advice on how to improve it. I've been a bit slack with it and completely forgot about the Christmas thing so will get that remove straight away.

Do you mean the telephone number is too small? I can see it fine from both my iPhone & my computer screen so I'm guessing its not the colour of the font you mean?

Also, are you able to say any more about the home page colours being different to the other pages please? All the pages as brown / grey so I'm not sure what you mean?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to look over it :)

Hello! Thank you so much for the feedback, I often have people comment on how good my site is so always welcome comments or advice on how to improve it. I've been a bit slack with it and completely forgot about the Christmas thing so will get that remove straight away.

Do you mean the telephone number is too small? I can see it fine from both my iPhone & my computer screen so I'm guessing its not the colour of the font you mean?

Also, are you able to say any more about the home page colours being different to the other pages please? All the pages as brown / grey so I'm not sure what you mean?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to look over it :)

Seeing the number; on my iPad it loads and is a darker brown then all a sudden goes grey and faded at the beginning so harder to see then? Could be just my iPad maybe or it has an option to change colour you may have overlooked possibly?

The home page: they are all the same I see what you mean however the front page is more brown that the rest, the rest are brown at top then where your info is its grey which looks fantastic, but the home page has writing over the larger brown bit (I'm going to call it the heading panel) what I will do is load it on my laptop too to see if its just my iPad, don't want to be giving annoying feedback lol x

Hi severnrose I have just looked at your website on a IPad and I see the same thing the phone no is bold in colour then changes to a grey colour " unless its just a IPad thing

Regards
John

Hi severnrose I have just looked at your website on a IPad and I see the same thing the phone no is bold in colour then changes to a grey colour " unless its just a IPad thing

Regards
John

Maybe it is just an iPad thing, how strange considering the apple prods should all be working the same I.e. phone and tablets :(

Thanks both of you, I will look in to the tel number issue. There was a problem before when looking from an iPhone but that was sorted - seems iPads must be different even though you'd think it would all be the same! I don't know much about technology so getting someone else to look into it for me.

Seeing the number; on my iPad it loads and is a darker brown then all a sudden goes grey and faded at the beginning so harder to see then? Could be just my iPad maybe or it has an option to change colour you may have overlooked possibly?

The home page: they are all the same I see what you mean however the front page is more brown that the rest, the rest are brown at top then where your info is its grey which looks fantastic, but the home page has writing over the larger brown bit (I'm going to call it the heading panel) what I will do is load it on my laptop too to see if its just my iPad, don't want to be giving annoying feedback lol x

I completely understand what you're saying now. Although the same colours are used, the design is not consistent. I think I probably had more brown on the homepage as a mostly grey background would look at bit boring but I see it may look a little odd. I could lift the brown up to the top so just the 'tabs' are brown - like the rest of the pages. Or I'm wondering what an all brown page would look like as the homepage.... I know it's still not consistent but might look better than all grey. Hmmm, decisions!

*edit* I've just looked on both a pc and my phone and on the pc the colouring looks much neater as the brown goes down to the bottom of the main bit of text explaining who I am etc. whereas on my phone the brown only goes half way down the text so looks about messy. Maybe that's what you're seeing?

Www.belle-vie-beauty.co.uk

I have had my website changed over to a content management system. Word press is challenging to say the least!

I have added pages to it with basic information. I have to go through and make it all how I want it.

I also have to work in SEO

But I want to get it looking right before I start that minefield.

Hi Hun, looking good and consistent but spotted a couple things;
1. On your home page you refer to yourself as I ( nothing wrong with that) but on the about the tan page you use we, and the contact 'us' page, I think you should chose one or the other, either refer to yourself as 'we and us' or 'I and me' but it just seems more professional that way I think?
2. Your book online page, you still have Xmas spray tans on offer, so your losing money... And your single eyelashes that take a good couple hours to apply and last longer are the same price as your clusters that are 6 times quicker to apply and don't last as long.... As a customer I would opt for the singles on best money option. So your losing money there too.

So maybe you could offer singles at a saving bringing them to the same cost as the clusters if you want to boost revenue there?

Also why not offer half body tans for 5 pounds cheaper, at the end of the day, who in there right mind would opt to have half a tan or certain parts knowing they are paying the same as a full body? So I can see why you would do that if you only like doing full tans, but your losing custom to the ones that don't want all over, so rather than half it, just drop to £5? Just an idea to think about maybe?

Overall looking good though :)

Www.belle-vie-beauty.co.uk

I have had my website changed over to a content management system. Word press is challenging to say the least!

I have added pages to it with basic information. I have to go through and make it all how I want it.

I also have to work in SEO

But I want to get it looking right before I start that minefield.

Hey Jemma,

First initial impressions were WOW.... said out loud too... Very professional looking site ... Who do you use? Wix?

But going through I spotted a few things;
1. You have your Christmas shop up still so hide the page for a year and maybe have a gift vouchers page instead? Also you have a year to correct but there are quite a lot of spelling mistakes on the Christmas pages.
2. You seem to have a lot of tab heading that are just prices, so maybe you could put them under a tab services and price guides?
3. Your information starts the first 3 lines exactly the same as on the home page, seems odd
4. Your site needs a good read through to check your spelling and grammar, only the odd few bits and bobs but its these little things that make you stand out against the less professional sites :)

Amazing look though Hun x

My website is De La Femme - Home, I could really do with some feedback and tips, especially about the homepage x x

Heya Paula dee, excellent site, friendly, concise, informative and to the point, very clear too lovely, only thing I found Hun is you gallery needs updating, don't forget to take a pic of every customer, I was terrible at first but have got better now lol, a testimonials page may be good too? That ones just a thought :)

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately I have not done any spray tabs apart from those two so will update my gallery once I have more and once I do my eyelash extensions and brow design courses I'm sure I will have loads more!

I have a testimonial on my home page x

Hey Jemma,

First initial impressions were WOW.... said out loud too... Very professional looking site ... Who do you use? Wix?

But going through I spotted a few things;
1. You have your Christmas shop up still so hide the page for a year and maybe have a gift vouchers page instead? Also you have a year to correct but there are quite a lot of spelling mistakes on the Christmas pages.
2. You seem to have a lot of tab heading that are just prices, so maybe you could put them under a tab services and price guides?
3. Your information starts the first 3 lines exactly the same as on the home page, seems odd
4. Your site needs a good read through to check your spelling and grammar, only the odd few bits and bobs but its these little things that make you stand out against the less professional sites :)

Amazing look though Hun x

Thanks for the feed back.

I'm back to work tomorrow so will hide the Christmas shop page. I literally have just updated it. I have lots to do to make it nice. I want to condense the pages into a few less. I have no skills with word press at all. It's all very alien. I had my website designed by a local guy. I really liked it but I didn't like the fact I got charred £30 + vat just to delete my Sunday opening times. I as to have it changed to a content management thingy and I got given this. Just a template with the welcome page and a price list page. I filled it up and added new pages. I a, going to condense it down into a few less pages I think. Add some pictures (if I can figure out how).

Actually it's tax return tomorrow so it'll be website Tuesday!

Xx

Latest posts

Back