Shrinking Violet Facebook group

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same way I've always end messaged you, privately through facebook

Sorry you said email.....will check...tbh I get around 30-50 messages a day through FB and not always on there...so email always better x

You have always seen my messages before, not that I've sent many and it was ticked read hours ago!

Questions can't just be deleted off here like on the old SV page!

I've ordered only a week or two ago but have also been deleted. I was also involved in the dating discussion. I'm on holiday at moment with little reception but will be in touch next week.

I still order and perform the treatments but I've been removed. I asked a question which started a little debate. Those involved have been removed. As I said earlier...products are great but not the way they deal with certain things! ;-) xxx

Yes and I was one of them!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406368845.808382.jpg
This is on the bottles so that's fine. My bottle is unopened so with no use by date how am I meant to know when it's to be used? And don't anyone even go there about me having it for almost a year and not opening it because I don't do a lot of shrinking violet!! To be perfectly honest the company have made a mess and don't like the way all these hard working therapists, some who have paid thousands to train and invest in all of their products, are now questioning them. The best and easiest way would be to admit what they have done & apologise instead of blocking people who are asking valid questions!! And that is my rant over I am not going to say any more unless it is through PM with tibby. 😃

After being loyal to Shrinking Violet from the outset, I was blocked over a year ago from their Facebook page -doesn't look like their customer service has improved then!

The BB date issue has been correctly addressed on the SV FB site which should answer any queries and allay any worries. It was announced that the page would be for Q&A's only following a poll. It was also announced that members would be deleted unless they are active customers or request membership. No one has been blocked for asking difficult questions! We realise that the 'date gate' has been confusing and for that we apologise unreservedly. It should all be clear now. If you want to be a SV FB member or want any further clarification about our products please email and as long as you are a professional customer of Tibby Olivier you will be added to the group.

The BB date issue has been correctly addressed on the SV FB site which should answer any queries and allay any worries. It was announced that the page would be for Q&A's only following a poll. It was also announced that members would be deleted unless they are active customers or request membership. No one has been blocked for asking difficult questions! We realise that the 'date gate' has been confusing and for that we apologise unreservedly. It should all be clear now. If you want to be a SV FB member or want any further clarification about our products please email and as long as you are a professional customer of Tibby Olivier you will be added to the group.

Well I have been removed so I can't see that.

Just out of interest Stacy, why were you blocked?

Just out of interest Stacy, why were you blocked?

I'd spent a fair amount of money with them over several months on their website both on Shrinking Violet and Faith Lift, then my last purchase was a large amount of Shrinking Violet stock at a trade show. I was on friendly terms with them - I was even invited to visit them at their new premises when they were planning their move.

Out of the blue I then discovered that I'd been blocked from the Shrinking Violet facebook page and my account with them had been closed. It took a few emails to finally get a response but I was told that I'd be required to attend their new training course to qualify for further purchases! As a loyal customer who had been using and promoting their products from the start, and at a time when their brand was being built, I was basically being dropped unless I paid for a course on the same products that I'd already been frequently using.

Their policy at the time of the introduction of the Shrinking Violet course was along the lines of current customers who had recently purchased from them and were still using their products would still be able to purchase without attending the course. For some reason this policy did not apply to me and when I questioned this they became very dismissive and didn't want to know.

I refuse to support a company that doesn't support their customers and treats them in this way, therefore I had to let my Shrinking Violet customers down because I wasn't allowed to purchase the products anymore. I also sold my stock of Faith Lift products off and am very pleased to say that I've had no further dealings with them and wouldn't wish to again.

Well I still didn't get a reply to my, (message), that was read days ago.

"All Old stock out of date at end of July, don't use you won't be insured".

Load of old baloney, one of my old formula bottles clearly labeled BB 12/15

Other bottle is not labeled with BB date. Batch could have been made in 2010 for all I know. For a "professional", company to say the Date Gate, (didn't realise SV thought themselves big enough to label themselves with a gate), has been resolved by posting something on a closed forum is absolutely absurd.

Good old SV. Dont get this with UCW - the Original clay wrap that has stood the test of time!

Good old SV. Dont get this with UCW - the Original clay wrap that has stood the test of time!

It's not the product SV, that is amazing it's just the way we have all been treated :)

Good old Tibby Olivier, you dont get treated like this by owners of UCW, the Original clay wrap that guarantees inch loss. Been around over 20 years and still going strong!

The one thing that appealed to me with SV is it wasn't messy and no need for a shower, hence going with the company and I love the masquerade, so do my clients but now I will be looking for another company as I would never buy TO again after this fiasco

Last edited:
Just wondering aloud here....but if the bulk of the ingredients are essential oils why would there be an expiry date? Are essential oils not natural preservatives? I don't offer SV but did buy a bottle from S2 in May there's no date on it....am I to assume a brand new unopened bottle is expired as it's pre July? .... rubbish!

I think it was just a ploy to get therapists to dump old stock and buy new formula. Keep sales up.

Lots of oils can be kept for 5yrs as long as they haven't been opened.

I think I'll give it a miss on training with them then....lol xx

Jane please can you answer this one question from me and other therapists and clear up confusion and frustration.
I bought this bottle In March 2013, batch 6904 as per the photo.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406493997.475735.jpg
Now this has a BBE on it 12/15
So that is 21 months from when I bought it not when it was made. So where does this 18months come in? and why is it on the old bottle it has a best before of 21 months (from my purchase, not manufacture. but I know of a therapist who bought in January 13 with the same batch) but no 12 months once opened one of these.. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406494138.559238.jpg
I bought a new bottle in August last year which is un opened but only has the shrinking violet label on and the 12m jar.
I have obviously had the old one open over 12 months and it smells like gloss paint so wouldn't use it on a client I was using it on myself up until a few weeks ago but that's not my question.
So what's changed in the 6 months from buying my first to my second? I know I am not the only person annoyed at this so some public clarification would be good

Last edited:
I've got 2 of the silver labelled bottles and neither have a bbe date on...just the 12M jar logo. So these are newer bottles than the white labelled ones which have a 12/15 date on them?? No wonder everyone is confused!!

I guess Jane won't answer on this open forum, that information is only on a closed forum, ahem, that makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back