Sick of having a spray tan every week!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennax1

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I usually get my bf to spray tan me every sunday night, but I'm sometimes busy and can't be arsed to set up everything, clean it, pack it away etc........

I only do this because I want my clients to see me in the sienna x tan.

Do you think those moisturising sachets with the 8 % DHA would develop into a light but noticable tan over a while? I've never really used them as I've stuck to being sprayed.

Cheers xxx
:)

I use tantrick but when i cant get someone to spray me i use the tan extending lotion that i retail and get a great colour the very next day,
and if i apply more the next day i get a really dark tan,
so your sachets should have the same effect hun :hug:

Hi this is my first reply but I thought i could be of help. I use sienna x & soon got fed up getting sprayed every week. I used the sachets but they did not give me much colour, then i tried the sienna ultimate touch up spray in a can & found this great especially for the parts you can see! so my sister and i go halves on 6 cans & keep it a secret. my clients think i look well permanently. 1 can lasts for ages.
Hope this helps:)

Hi this is my first reply but I thought i could be of help. I use sienna x & soon got fed up getting sprayed every week. I used the sachets but they did not give me much colour, then i tried the sienna ultimate touch up spray in a can & found this great especially for the parts you can see! so my sister and i go halves on 6 cans & keep it a secret. my clients think i look well permanently. 1 can lasts for ages.

Hi

I use Sienna, but i havnt used the tan in a can.

Does iy go on ok all over the body or does it look streaky in patches.

Thanks

im sure the sachets are only 3% colour hun x

Sorry, but, how much does your business mean to you?

What does it matter that you have to get tanned every week? Surely then you are giving a true measure of what you provide? And it takes 10 mins!:rolleyes:

Dear god if if I was tanned by someone who used sachets then surely I would'nt be the same! Tbh I find this appalling!

I have a good business in nails and now waxing and spray tanning and in all my treatments I exercise the same thing, the best possible at all times.

The biggest mistake you will ever make is to fob your clients off, sachets don't come out of a gun!!

Do it right and show them what you can do!

Sorry, but, how much does your business mean to you?

What does it matter that you have to get tanned every week? Surely then you are giving a true measure of what you provide? And it takes 10 mins!:rolleyes:

Dear god if if I was tanned by someone who used sachets then surely I would'nt be the same! Tbh I find this appalling!

I have a good business in nails and now waxing and spray tanning and in all my treatments I exercise the same thing, the best possible at all times.

The biggest mistake you will ever make is to fob your clients off, sachets don't come out of a gun!!

Do it right and show them what you can do!

Fifitrix do you get yourself spray tanned every week then? i think you were a bit harsh with how you worded your response but hey everyones opinion matters thats why there's a forum etc.

Personally i don't get myself sprayed every week - i try to make my tan last as long as possible by moisturising every day and find it lasts up to 10 days - then i have a tan again. However it is not always easy as obviously you can't spray yourself and altho you can teach your nearest and dearest sometimes they can't get it right (personal experience he he)!

I do you think that you are your best advertisement but can understand how your feeling with the monotony. I think that its probably best to carry on or try to make your tan last longer and then perhaps use a top-up x x

Fifitrix do you get yourself spray tanned every week then? i think you were a bit harsh with how you worded your response but hey everyones opinion matters thats why there's a forum etc.

Personally i don't get myself sprayed every week - i try to make my tan last as long as possible by moisturising every day and find it lasts up to 10 days - then i have a tan again. However it is not always easy as obviously you can't spray yourself and altho you can teach your nearest and dearest sometimes they can't get it right (personal experience he he)!

I do you think that you are your best advertisement but can understand how your feeling with the monotony. I think that its probably best to carry on or try to make your tan last longer and then perhaps use a top-up x x

Was I harsh?

Ermm no I don't think so, I do the same with my nearest and dearest, and yes I do, no matter how much I have to exfoliate, which isn't much thanks to good product.

Sorry but my point is this, you sell what you show,. that goes for me with nails to, might be a pain in the arse doing them but they show what I can do.

Surely it is the same? :rolleyes:

You definately sell what you show. Nine times out of ten your client wants what you`ve got on, wether it be tan, l&p or the amaaaaaaaaaazing Minx:lol::lol::lol:

Was I harsh?

Ermm no I don't think so, I do the same with my nearest and dearest, and yes I do, no matter how much I have to exfoliate, which isn't much thanks to good product.

Sorry but my point is this, you sell what you show,. that goes for me with nails to, might be a pain in the arse doing them but they show what I can do.

No you weren't harsh and of course you are right:!::hug:

You are absolutely your best advert, and your clients expect it of you. Sienna X is a fabulous product and to try and 'top it up' with alternative methods is silly really. You need to use the product as its intended, only then can you be true to your clients. I would much rather a client came in and had a re-spray every 7-10 days than buy wipes or a spray in a can and try and do it themselves, wouldn't you??

It does my head in to try and find the time to keeping my extensions tidy all the time, but it doesnt mean I will go and resort to stick ons, cause I cant be bothered!:confused:

Flippin hell, I was only asking the bloody question to find out! Doesn't mean to say I'll go ahead with it does it. I understand your opinion, but you don't have to be rude with it now do you.
Of course my business means everything to me and I do a hell of a lot to advertise my business and hand out flyers in the town, and it's showing! I was just seeing if there was an alternative that's all.
I know I am my best advert, that's why I been getting sprayed.

Was I harsh?

Well you didn't have to come across like that did you! Just say you opinion without being rude. Asking a question doesn't mean to say I will do it, I'm just asking?:rolleyes:

Im sorry hun but you came on asking for peoples opinion and thats exactly what you got:rolleyes:
If some one is as passionate as Fifitrix is about what she does she is going to answer questions with that passion there is no need to be so stroppy about it, if you don't want to get truthful answers then don't ask:rolleyes:

Was I harsh?

I totally agree with you there. Nearly every new client I have been to asks me 'will I go orange' I show them my tan and say 'well do I look orange?' They cant believe it's a spray tan and cant wait to jump in my tent!
I will never forget when I had my training. The trainer turned up as pale as anything and I wondered to myself if she didn't have it on then is it any good?
It's gonna take a whole lot longer tanning with sachets and not give your clients the true perception of how the tan really is.
People would die to be tanned every week for free! I go out at 7 am and don't usually get in until 11pm and still manage to find time.

For saying you are harsh was a bit out of order. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and huni, your opinion makes sense to me! xxx

It's not a case of being stoppy, I'm just saying some people don't need to be rude with it when there's no need.
It's just a question to find out if there's any alternative. Obviously there really isn't and that's all I needed to know, so I will stick to being sprayed.
I like this site and love everyone's opinions, but I haven't had anyone being rude before.

Wow, didn't think a silly question that I had no intention of actually going ahead with it would get sooo heated!

Any way, thanks guys!

Last edited:

Thankyou x

It's not a case of being stoppy, I'm just saying some people don't need to be rude with it when there's no need.
It's just a question to find out if there's any alternative. Obviously there really isn't and that's all I needed to know, so I will stick to being sprayed.
I like this site and love everyone's opinions, but I haven't had anyone being rude before.

Wow, didn't think a silly question that I had no intention of actually going ahead with it would get sooo heated!

Any way, thanks guys!

I don't see that anyone has been rude. People are entitled to their opinions and it is hard to get across the way in which they are saying it. You will soon learn that on here sweetie and not take things to heart. People have different opinions on different things. Some stronger than others. But that's all it is... an opinion. I do think that the advice was constructive and it does make sense that if you are selling a spray tan by having it on, then a cream tan is giving a false perception to your clients.
No one wants to be rude to you for asking a question hun :hug: xxx

Flippin hell, I was only asking the bloody question to find out! Doesn't mean to say I'll go ahead with it does it. I understand your opinion, but you don't have to be rude with it now do you.
Of course my business means everything to me and I do a hell of a lot to advertise my business and hand out flyers in the town, and it's showing! I was just seeing if there was an alternative that's all.
I know I am my best advert, that's why I been getting sprayed.

I havn't noticed anybody being rude to you.
The advice given by Fifitrix is the correct advice
:hug:

I don't see that anyone has been rude. People are entitled to their opinions and it is hard to get across the way in which they are saying it. You will soon learn that on here sweetie and not take things to heart. People have different opinions on different things. Some stronger than others. But that's all it is... an opinion. I do think that the advice was constructive and it does make sense that if you are selling a spray tan by having it on, then a cream tan is giving a false perception to your clients.
No one wants to be rude to you for asking a question hun :hug: xxx

Oh yes I'm learning that! Not been on here long enough! :)
Now I've read opinions, I now know that the cream won't be as effective as I've never used it, and it's easier to ask someone who maybe has used it. And I totally agree with now sticking to being sprayed. That's what I've allways done every week for that reason, to show my clients as it's a good way of promoting my business.
Obvioulsy if the cream was as good I would use that, but it's not, so end of.

:hug: xxx

Latest posts

Back