Side lifting - remove nail or try and fix?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not read all the posts on this thread, but the this is one problem i used to have, i was given this advice -

MAKE SURE YOUR OWN FINGER/THUMB IS NOT TOUCHING THE CLIENTS NAIL BED

(after watching what i was actually doing, i realised that i was infact touching the clients nail bed) i dont do that now of course, but thats what was causing the same prob for me.

hth

IF you use Line-out, you still have to do every bit as much filing as you would if you did not use it. After filing all of the lifted product off, is to scrubfresh, use a tiny amount of Line-out along the lifted area, prime and apply product. This will only disguise the line of demarcation.
I have used this product since it launched in the 90's and have NEVER experienced a bacterial infection. Its neither lazy nor unsanitary. It can actually save the client from damage to their natural nail.

But if you have finished filing and there is still a line then surely is because you haven't removed ALL the lifting and made the product flush to the nail...??...surely spending a few mins blending the product is better all round.

What I'm refering to is that tiny, tiny bit that you can't seem to file out, know what I mean? Have you tried it yet? Its fab!:)
But you can file off all the lifting if you file behind the lift where the acrylic where it is still properly attached.
I have used lineout in the past, once I thought it was a wonder product, but now I know with the proper filing techniques it is unnecessary. :hug: I still have 2 full bottles sitting in the shed somewhere.

Okay Everyone,
All I am saying is that this is what works for me. With CND, I rarely have a need for ANY lineout. But when in doubt-lineout! There is nothing more annoying than rebalancing a lifted nail, only to realize later that you can see a fill line. Know what I mean? Listen, we may not all agree, but that isn't why we all offer different opinions on what works for us?

Last edited:
Hi Team

Still lovin the site.... I'm addicted...

(I've read chasing the line - great tutorial and very imformative) But let me first say, I've have just completed my 58th set of CND nails!!!!! yay yay yay but very very very frustrated with my side walls at the free edge!!:cry:

Some, not all, have quite a bit of lifting at the side wall free edge (but not every nail so I'm getting the capping down pat). I file my zones for the rebalance, then scrubfresh and sometimes after this you can really notice the lift. If I just clean it up and don't remove the nail: 1. you can see an "obvious" line and 2. it discolours after a couple of weeks (stale yellow look - not bacteria just old nail look), then the whole nail needs to be removed! I'm wondering would you remove the nail and start over or would you fix it?? I get the nippers and remove the lifted piece then start filing, filing, filing... the rebalance is taking me 1.5 hours!! I remember when I was getting my nails done by other professionals they would have me in/out in 1 hour (no lifting!!) I'm probably expecting too much from myself, but I would just love to get this problem sorted...

What do you do when you have side wall lift?? Please help I'm going to scream!:green:

Also, how many sets of nails do you techs think you had to do before you finally rid issues :hug: I'm aiming for 100 and hopefully by then I will be problem free...??

Really important that you do not get the lifting in the first place.

Make sure the nail is bone dry in those sidewalls. Often techs use too much ScrubFresh and the nail is still wet in those creases that hold moisture. This will cause lifting. When you ScrubFresh make sure you really scrub those tricky sidewalls too. Many only do the body of the nail plate and neglect to do the sides as well.

Make sure you scrub your base layer of gel into those side walls as well as you do on the body of the nail. Many techs freeze up when they get near to the skin and neglect to really push the product into the surface in this area.

Many make the product too thick in the sidewall area too. Make sure you guide excess product from the side to the centre of the nail plate. If the backbone of the nail enhancement is strong then the sides can be very thin ... this also creates the perfect beautiful shape and curve we all desire.

Maybe you might recognise one of the above a being your problem. HTH

Geeg, great advice as always. You may very well be right about the Scrubfresh as I mentioned not all my clients are getting side wall lift. I'll take you advice and watch more carefully what I'm doing! I read your tutorial on the re-balance and found that very helpful. Thanks

Back