Sienna X or Nouvatan (Only answer if you've tried both)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sienna X or Nouvatan (Only answer if you've tried both)

• Sienna X

Votes: 43 45.7%
  • Nouvatan

Votes: 51 54.3%

• Total voters

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
I have been umming and aahing between sienna x and nouvatan for the longest time :confused:. I've been over and over the tan posts in the search bar and i need a little more help.

Originally i wanted to change to a spray tan brand that had a name that would be drawing clients in....Sienna X.

I like the colour given by both tans.
However, the Nouvatan has a better fade off.

My question is for those of you that have tried both tans...which one of these worked better for you in your business, Sienna X or Nouvatan?

I have been umming and aahing between sienna x and nouvatan for the longest time :confused:. I've been over and over the tan posts in the search bar and i need a little more help.

Originally i wanted to change to a spray tan brand that had a name that would be drawing clients in....Sienna X.

I like the colour given by both tans.
However, the Nouvatan has a better fade off.

My question is for those of you that have tried both tans...which one of these worked better for you in your business, Sienna X or Nouvatan?

HI I hope you dont mind me replying as I have only tried sienna. I am thinking of having a nouvatan one next weekend for a night out.

I am in the total same boat as you. I am thinking the fade off on sienna seems a bit premature. I am wearing it right now after having a demo by a rep done on me on Wednesday night. (Its now Sunday)

I think at the minute sienna are more well known and are always in the magazinbe etc and have a lot more promotion materials available and retail. But I am thinking maybe that will be Nouvatan in a few years? So hard to decide.

I think I will wait till ive had my tan by nouvatan and decide.

Why dont you get a sample of both and see which you like best before you invest in either one.

I sampled both along with other brands but decided to go with Trinitia.

Out of the two your interested in I liked Nouvatan more.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Not at all Lolly. I agree that Nouvatan definitely seem to be up and comers.

Caz, I have sampled both and overall think i prefer Nouvatan for the tan, so to speak. My dilemna is more, which one worked better for your business to bring in more clientelle....the one with the good branding (Sienna X), or the one with the better tan (Nouvatan)?

Thanks for the input Sarah.

xx

Totally flawless. That's my dilemma aswell. I have heard from so many tht nouvatan is a better colour and tan but sienna is the bigger name at the minute with clients.

I really don't know what to do.

I'm thinking I might go with sienna just now. Simply because of their retail is so good and all the promotional material available. X

If you prefer the Nouvatan then that is the one you go with why pick one just cause it might have a better name but you dont think is as good as the other??? Both brands have good names it's all personal preferance. I use one that isn't one of the chosen brands and I still have alot of clients. :D

Caz you are so right! I am going to go with what I think is a better colour. X

Not at all Lolly. I agree that Nouvatan definitely seem to be up and comers.

Caz, I have sampled both and overall think i prefer Nouvatan for the tan, so to speak. My dilemna is more, which one worked better for your business to bring in more clientelle....the one with the good branding (Sienna X), or the one with the better tan (Nouvatan)?

Thanks for the input Sarah.

xx

Im Allways puzzled as to why people think because certain brands that are more heard of and bummed up to the max may be better for business? Surely the proofs in the pudding so to speak?
I use Nouvatan it personally didnt bother me that i hadnt heard of the brand years ago when i started up. Its by far Better than all the other branded tan's that are well known and been around longer, and they in my eyes are not the best! Nouvatan now is more heard of and im 100% sure that i offer my clients the best there is they all comment on how great it is compared to all the other brands of spray tans theyve had done and how well nouvatan fades also.
I Just think its unfair to decide on a product by popularity
i had to add this as ive seen this quite alot in posts

Last edited:
Thank you for your point Lisa.

I totally agree with the proof is in the pudding. But for myself and obviously some other girls clients are saying oh I haven't heard of that tan or whatever. But as I said earlier I think nouvatan is coming up and will be one of the best known tans in no time.

I'm just a bit torn right now. Im thinking nouvatan now haha! Arghhhh!

Thank you for your point Lisa.

I totally agree with the proof is in the pudding. But for myself and obviously some other girls clients are saying oh I haven't heard of that tan or whatever. But as I said earlier I think nouvatan is coming up and will be one of the best known tans in no time.

I'm just a bit torn right now. Im thinking nouvatan now haha! Arghhhh!

Yeah i totally get what ure saying ive had that too in the begining and yes you will get people who are reluctant to try new things but if we have 100% faith in the product we use then we wont have a hard job convincing them to try it all my clients have previously used to name a few fbake,sienna,st.tropez....etc and once trying Nouvatan have never looked back like me lol i luv it :)
Another idea is to do a special offer on it ;)
Alot of clients care more ul find about the colour ie NOT Being Orange lol and Nouvatan isnt orange or i wouldnt use it x

Last edited:
Your right. Thank you.

You have pushed me to try nouvatan. And if I like the tan, which I'm sure I will, I will be getting that in for definate.

The only reason I considered sienna was because it had better awareness but you are so right!

Your right. Thank you.

You have pushed me to try nouvatan. And if I like the tan, which I'm sure I will, I will be getting that in for definate.

The only reason I considered sienna was because it had better awareness but you are so right!

Its defo worth sampling hun and seeing what you think yourself as its important for me anyway to have 100% faith in every product i use,good luck :) x

Tried both but didn't go with either. Out of the two I preferred nouvatan x

Your right. Thank you.

this is a pic from my profile
http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=6463&pictureid=45472
of the new 20% which can be used as a rapid tan this was left on for 4 hrs and gave a nice 12% tan will let u see the colour x

i use nouvatan, but also like brown bitz, got one leg with one tan on and one with the other to see lasting power,as there both so lovely.Can't decide.x:sad:

this is a pic from my profile
http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=6463&pictureid=45472
of the new 20% which can be used as a rapid tan this was left on for 4 hrs and gave a nice 12% tan will let u see the colour x

Thanks for this pic Lisa.

One of the reasons i'm changing brands is that i would like to offer a rapid tan and Couture doesn't do one. They don't have a lot of literature either.

At the moment i'm leaning towards Nouvatan, but i wanted to be 100% sure before making my decision, so all input helps.

I too have seen this in a lot of posts, which is one of the reasons i thought i'd do a poll and make it easy for everyone to see xx

Have used both, in fact this time last year I was using Sienna X but switched over completely to Nouvatan by the end of the year. Got the Nouvatan samples in as I was unhappy with the Sienna X fade off plus I found it had too much of an orange tinge on a few of my clients.

I do agree that Sienna X is far better known than Nouvatan, but I am sure that will change in time. I initially ran an "introductory" offer as I was switching over giving my regular clients the opportunity of a half price tan if they opted for Nouvatan. Once they saw the fade off and fell in love with the natural colour they were sold and spread the word :hug:

Promote it right and the product will sell itself. I always give prospective clients a Nouvatan promotional/aftercare leaflet as it looks so professional and, if asked why they have not heard of it, I just say its because its a professional only product and therefore not necessarily known to the consumer market.

Personally I just :Love:this product

Thanks Ronnie, that's really helpful actually as most of my tanning clients are really pale.

I don't have any clients that regularly tan. They are all special occassion clients that only tan a couple of times a year.

I'm redoing my price lists in April and haven't a price increase as well, so this is when i'm going to bring in my new brand and will hopefully sell it well and get lots of interest in it xx

Thanks for this pic Lisa.

One of the reasons i'm changing brands is that i would like to offer a rapid tan and Couture doesn't do one. They don't have a lot of literature either.

At the moment i'm leaning towards Nouvatan, but i wanted to be 100% sure before making my decision, so all input helps.

I too have seen this in a lot of posts, which is one of the reasons i thought i'd do a poll and make it easy for everyone to see xx

Your welcome hun 20% Nouvatans great! theres alot of good results coming from it being the extra dark tan or used as a rapid tan x

Latest posts

Back