Sienna X or Nouvatan (Only answer if you've tried both)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sienna X or Nouvatan (Only answer if you've tried both)

• Sienna X

Votes: 43 45.7%
  • Nouvatan

Votes: 51 54.3%

• Total voters
Hey, we love reading all the threads and take on board all of your remarks, thank you.

With regards to brand recognition, we are getting there, we are having a brand new website coming very soon and shall be proudly exhibiting for our first time at Professional Beauty, Excel.

Come along and say hi to us all at X25.

Hey, we love reading all the threads and take on board all of your remarks, thank you.

With regards to brand recognition, we are getting there, we are having a brand new website coming very soon and shall be proudly exhibiting for our first time at Professional Beauty, Excel.

Hi Sarah, good to know! I'll definitely be popping by on the Sunday xx

Hi
I trained with Sienna X and have used Sienna solely ever since - when I have trialled Nouvatan after reading all the rave reviews, I have to say I found the colour quite orange and fade off poor.

Everybody will have their favourites and Sienna is mine x

Good Luck!:hug:

Hi

I was at Excel today and picked up one of the leaflets. Was just about thinking of leaving when I came across Sienna X presentation. It was very professional and the background information was impressive. They are rated highly amongst other tanning providers, the top according to their stats. I was convinced that I was going to do a course with your company, however came away with my mind made up to do a Sienna X course. Is your company going to do a presentation at Excel so that I can make a comparison. I have never used tanning products by the way. What convinced me was the support they said that the offer.

Coco

Thought id join in as booked my training on thursday with Nouvatan after trying both sienna and Nouvatan.

*I much prefered the colour of nouvatan and it lasts much longer fading without you noticing until you realise your white again!
*The ladies you speak to at Nouvatan are really helpful and their facebook page is always updated making them easy to get hold of if you would need to for after care, whereas the sienna-x werent too bothered when I rang about training and just reeled off the list I could already see on there website.
* The training and minimal professional kit you can buy on sienna is £499+vat then £90 training= just under £700....... Nouvatan on the other hand was £420 including kit, VAT, delivery and training. £280 difference is alot when the products seem very similar.

Also to be honest it is mainly us professionals that are obsessed with Brand names, as were the only ones that knows whats good or not. Our clients will take our word then see for themselves.
All my clients have said is aslong as its not orange im happy :)

Happy tanning xx

Thought id join in as booked my training on thursday with Nouvatan after trying both sienna and Nouvatan.

*I much prefered the colour of nouvatan and it lasts much longer fading without you noticing until you realise your white again!
*The ladies you speak to at Nouvatan are really helpful and their facebook page is always updated making them easy to get hold of if you would need to for after care, whereas the sienna-x werent too bothered when I rang about training and just reeled off the list I could already see on there website.
* The training and minimal professional kit you can buy on sienna is £499+vat then £90 training= just under £700....... Nouvatan on the other hand was £420 including kit, VAT, delivery and training. £280 difference is alot when the products seem very similar.

Also to be honest it is mainly us professionals that are obsessed with Brand names, as were the only ones that knows whats good or not. Our clients will take our word then see for themselves.
All my clients have said is aslong as its not orange im happy :)

Happy tanning xx

well I wish I had your clients then!! lol

all I get off mine is why don't you get in fakebake or Sienna. Sick of hearing it now xxx

I went with Sienna X in the end as the reason i was changing brands was to bring in a big brand new that would hopefully attract new clients...i'm not introducing it until April, so i'll let you know how it goes.

I ordered at Excel, the staff were really lovely and although they said it could take upto a week as it was so busy, it only took 2 days to arrive. I had a tiny bit of spillage out of one of my bottles and rang Sienna X. Spoke to Jack and he couldn't have been more helpful. He told me to keep my bottle and sent me a new one as well, so in my experience, they had brilliant customer service xx

nouvatan all the way, we chose them last year and word of mouth travels fast and now the time of year is back again all the returning custom for our tans is massive... Its not orange in the slightest, and word travels fast around the town, it lasts soooooo well, has a gradual fade off and lovely helpful friendly staff on the end of a phone, email, Facebook, when ever you mite need them, quick next day delivery. All you need to do us have the tan yourself and people see it and say how natural it looks...go for the tan for the product not the promotional aspect, what would be the point having a tan that advertises well but not everyone is keen on as if people dont like it once they won't try it again... Hope this helps x

Hiya

Well I trained with sienna x and was very happy with them, I used them all my at spray tanning life. And I do like it, but I found the fade off poor, also I charge £15 and this is the going rate my area and I don't want to charge more. But they made there prices higher and I invested in all there products and they then go change there logo and bottle. I really just felt if I wanted to keep sienna I have to charge more and I don't want to do that.

After hearing great reviews about nouvatan I swapped. and I must say I like it a lot better and i wish i did it soon, Also my clients love it as well.

I know a lot of people know about sienna however I found, most my clients only know the brands that are in shops like boots ect so it didn't make a different.

Well in the end I went with nouvatan aswell. I found the rep for sienna was hounding me a bit. And when I said to her on the phone I found the fade off really early she totally contradicted what she said at the time of my spray tan demo and said we could go darker :s. at the time of my demo she said a dark tan would fade off bad because it's too dark for your skin tone.

So I went with nouvatan. The colour is soo natural and gorgeous. Really really happy :)

I think Sienna does have alot of recognition but their tan isn't that great in actual fact. The fade off let's it down.

I have tried both. And as others have said Nouvatan fades so much better and looks more natural. sienna x have great branding but not that many people have heard of sienna its all st tropez and fakebake round here. I always get repeat business with nouvatan and the service is excellent

I agree with you LisaP I think you as an individual and a company should be the 'brand'....my brand is 'Temperley Tanning' none of my clients even know half the time what make of tan I am using on them, they just know that I give a quality service. I promote me, more than the brand I use, in fact, I use lots of products, Sienna x, Cocobay, white to brown, nouvatan, xen tan etc.. as I find some tans are better for different skin types. So instead of panicing about the tan name you use, just ensure your tans are lovely and that you are happy with them, and you will get repeat custom. It works for me and I only do tanning, no other beauty services really. Temperley Tanning x

Ive tried both. SiennaX definitely has a better reputation & you can easily 'sell' this to a client. However, i find it can be a bit too golden (veering towards orange) and so prefer the brownness of Nouvatan. Clients like both.

Reading this is making me want to switch fron sienna x to nouvatan. I think il order a sample :) xxx

Reading this is making me want to switch fron sienna x to nouvatan. I think il order a sample :) xxx

You wont be disappointed hun over 2 yrs ive used it now love it x

I switched from Sienna to Nouvatan and haven't regretted it :D

Latest posts

Back