Sienna X or Nouveau?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unfortunately we couldnt exhibit this year as dawn is going into hospital tommorow for a minor op and shes been waiting ages her health is far more important than a show

Definitely, I can't agree more there! Wishing her all the best for a smooth operation and a speedy recovery...

my votes for Nouvatan as well i tried loads of tans before i discovered it in a salon in liverpool so impressed i bought a kit and did the training
Its not the darkest tan ive tried but it is the most natural looking,its always even the guide colours lovely and it fades great and the price is good

just to say i had 10% a sienna spray tan last weekend done by my friend Katie who was testing some samples, I have had fake bake st tropez xen tan ect but 1st time for Sienna
it was very, very, good, on me and i was impressed :lol: much better than st tropez and fake bake but It didnt fade as well as Nouvatan, day 4 and i look like a crocodile on my shins :irked: she has ordered some other solution samples as well so, i have said i will be the guinea pig for them as well :irked:
but i have yet to find any solution as good as Nouvatan :lol: love it x

I would advise you to avoid Sienna X incase you ever have a change of heart. I tied to sell some old tanning equipment that I bought from them on ebay and they kept having the listing removed as they held some sort of IP rights and can object to anyone selling even old used equipment once they are finished with it. I dare say Chanel, Pepsi, and lots of other Trade Marks have IP rights and can object to people selling things on ebay, but they don't bother. Personally I think this is a very sad reflection on Sienna X and I will never deal with them again.

Anyone know of a good solution as I have been using Celebrity Secrets and Sienna X for years?

I would advise you to avoid Sienna X incase you ever have a change of heart. I tied to sell some old tanning equipment that I bought from them on ebay and they kept having the listing removed as they held some sort of IP rights and can object to anyone selling even old used equipment once they are finished with it. I dare say Chanel, Pepsi, and lots of other Trade Marks have IP rights and can object to people selling things on ebay, but they don't bother. Personally I think this is a very sad reflection on Sienna X and I will never deal with them again.

Anyone know of a good solution as I have been using Celebrity Secrets and Sienna X for years?

I'd definitely give Nouvatan a try then, as they're really nice, as well as their solution having a fab reputation too...

Thank you Ruth I will take a look a that solution as an alternative as I am never going near Sienna X ever again. Isn't it sad how something so silly can completely change your opinion of a product or company?

HI there, thanks for the great q/a.... I am now waiting for Nouvatan to call me back.
Have been searching for a good firm, local (ish) training, competitive price and great tan so am hoping they can offer me a good package
happy tanning
Interesting someone said get on with it asap too 'cos now I have decided to go for it I can't wait to start:Grope:

nouvatan's colour guide is much nice than sienna X's and also the outcome colour looks very very natural. sienna x also has alcohol is some of their solutions, when the rep sprayed me i had serious itching on my legs and bikini line i was drawing blood.

Hi Laydees and some boyees - found this thread really interesting as a nail techie and dipping my toes in the spray tan pool have been wondering which company to choose, for part of my research and the fact I was going to the races, I chose a sienna x one about 3 weeks ago - I was impressed with the tan but on the way out the girl had a left a trail of liquid from the room that she did the spraying to her car - luckily I have wooden floors downstairs and it just wiped up but can you imagine if I had my cream carpets from upstairs - it terrified me thinking what if that had been me in a clients house!! her machine was obviously leaking from her holdall, anyway I havent even narrowed it down to 2 and had not even thought about getting samples so many thanks for this thread - and if anyone has any advice on a-how to get samples and b- which co. to choose it would be truly appreciated- thankyou from the toe dipper:idea:

hey what machine are you purchasing from the nouveau tan? im wanting to get my first spray tan machine so i can do it mobile im wanting to know what the best machine would be.. please help xxx

Don't be taken in too much by which is the "best" machine. There are lots of good ones out there that do a grand job, but not all of them will be liked by all techs. I have somehow ended up with 4 machines all of which do the job for which they were intended. Compressors will last you for ever and are quieter and (in my opinion more professional than and HVLP hosing down) but HVLPs are great in their own way and are undenyably quick and give flawless results. Shop around, and find a machine you like using that does not break the bank.

I used both solutions but nouvatan is the winner for me love it!! good luck Dawn with the op :hug:

Hi have u tried Trinitia solution. i have used lots of other brands and have found them to be one of the best. They are extremely helpful. Maybe give them a call and ask for a sample. Its worth a try :lol:

so any of you nouvatan users recommend which 2 solutions I should get to start? Most people want the natural(ish) look so no 16% for me!!

So am thinking maybe 8% and 12%?

Any advice?!?!

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm new to the site, though I love it and have lost an afternoon reading through threads today.
I'm nearly finished with my nvq beauty therapy course and really want to do spray tanning too. I've done some research but it seems to come down to Sienna x or Nouveau tan plus they both seem to get great reviews on here. Sienna x have been really helpful and sent me a pack of sachets and I'm impressed with the self-tan. Has anybody used both? If so which do you prefer?
Sorry if i'm going over questions already asked but want to make the right choice.
Thanks in advance.

Hi I have just changed from Sienna X although still a good product I prefer the colour you get from Nouvatan and they are really helpful and nice especially Dawn they will answer any of your questions honestly. Hope this helps

so any of you nouvatan users recommend which 2 solutions I should get to start? Most people want the natural(ish) look so no 16% for me!!

So am thinking maybe 8% and 12%?

Any advice?!?!

Get 8 and 12 as advised you can mix half 8 and half 12 to get a result of a ten as it is the DHA which differs in the solution if i remember rightly

Get 8 and 12 as advised you can mix half 8 and half 12 to get a result of a ten as it is the DHA which differs in the solution if i remember rightly

This is what I usually recommend for the first order, then when you re-order you will have more of an idea of which solutions are most popular.
And yes mixing 100ml of 8% and 100ml 0f 12% will give you 200ml of 10%.
xx

Brilliant!! Thanks very much for your advice! I will be on the phone first thing tomorrow :)

I am currently a well established mobile hairdresser, I am about to Go into mobile spray tans also as my clients often ask me for this!
My main question is siennax or nouvatan..both have given me great customer info so far..nauvatan seems cheaper and I love the fact they are a small business..but u do seem to get more training with siennax..and I liked the businesss package...HELP!
Thanks
CAroline:D

I trained with Nouvatan and use it and love it. I've tried all the others and they just aren't as good. You can't go wrong, clients love it and tell all their friends.

Latest posts

Back