SiennaX......whats going on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Queen Bee

Reaction score
hi every1,
i had a siennax spray tan last night at 8:30, went to bed, got up and have just had a shower at 8:00. Now, my bed covers are white and nothing come off onto them and when i had a shower, no colour came off either. i cant see any change in my skin tone and i had a number 12! do you think it hasnt worked or does it take time for the colour to develope after you have washed it off?
thanx peeps:hug:

hi every,
i had a siennax spray tan last night at 8:30, went to bed, got up and have just had a shower at 8:00. Now, my bed covers are white and nothing come off onto them and when i had a shower, no colour came off either. i cant see any change in my skin tone and i had a number 12! do you think it hasnt worked or does it take time for the colour to develop after you have washed it off?
thanx peeps:hug:

Well any tan applied should have shown have developed or at least shown signs of developing after 12 hrs..
I am a little confused that there is absolutely no markings left on your sheets or indications of the initial colour guide washing off during your shower.
You really should have started to show signs of a tan developing by now...irelivent of the brand in question.
It doesnt sound like an application problem as you would either be complaining of a streaky,patchy or very mild tan.
So its either
1) the liquid is non effective...this can happen but there would still be some initial colour guide
2) You yourself..there are one in a million individuals that simply dont react..again though the initial colour guide would show as this is simply just make up.

So im somewhat snookered as to providing some sort of answer here as it all doesnt make sense.

Have you ever had a spray tan before and did this work with your skin ???

yes i have had a spray tan before......but it was a couple of years ago.I dont know what brand it was but all i know is it was really muddy looking.

ok, i went back to the salon and they have just booked me in and done it again.....but not with siennaX but with Su-do......im scared now coz never heard of this brand.......she used the 'very dark' colour.....which also makes me very scared!!!!!hope i dont look muddy!!!:eek:

she said it could be that my skin doesnt get on with sienna. she also went really close to me with the gun, just to make sure it went on....i suppose i will just have to wait and see what i look like when i wash it off..........if i look like jordon (colour of skin i mean!) then i'll post a pic so you can all laugh at me!!!!:lol:

colin, or any1 else, can you just tell me, if my face is too dark is there anyway i can lighten it alittle to make it look more natural?

yes i have had a spray tan before......but it was a couple of years ago.I dont know what brand it was but all i know is it was really muddy looking.

ok, i went back to the salon and they have just booked me in and done it again.....but not with siennaX but with Su-do......im scared now coz never heard of this brand.......she used the 'very dark' colour.....which also makes me very scared!!!!!hope i dont look muddy!!!:eek:

she said it could be that my skin doesnt get on with sienna. she also went really close to me with the gun, just to make sure it went on....i suppose i will just have to wait and see what i look like when i wash it off..........if i look like jordon (colour of skin i mean!) then i'll post a pic so you can all laugh at me!!!!:lol:

colin, or any1 else, can you just tell me, if my face is too dark is there anyway i can lighten it alittle to make it look more natural?

I doubt it if it is the Sienna x solution that is the "only one" that you dont react to as all solutions use DHD..which does the tanning.

Sudo is a very good brand so you shouldn't have any problems there :hug:

I am a little concerned however Reading between the lines..your going for the darkest shades and yet want a "natural" look.

Now a natural look would be dark for a dark/olive skin type and not say a fair skinned individual.
So what skin type are you ?
If you are fair skinned I would suggest you use a lighter shade...
HTH....

i am dark ish skinned. i have brow hair and brown eyes and spanish origin somewhere down the line!

they suggested i go the darkest tone.

i do like dark skin but dont like the face being all the same shade if you know what i mean..........i dont like the top lip being the same as my cheeks and i like wearing blusher but if the tan is too dark on my face.....i have to put quite alot of blusher on and it doesnt look natural and abit like a cosmetics counter girl in fenwicks!:lol: no offence to any1 out there

i am dark ish skinned. i have brow hair and brown eyes and spanish origin somewhere down the line!

they suggested i go the darkest tone.

i do like dark skin but dont like the face being all the same shade if you know what i mean..........i dont like the top lip being the same as my cheeks and i like wearing blusher but if the tan is too dark on my face.....i have to put quite alot of blusher on and it doesnt look natural and abit like a cosmetics counter girl in fenwicks!:lol: no offence to any1 out there

Ok so sounds like you can easily cope with the darker shades and you seem to be well informed by the salon operator :hug:

In so far as different shades to different parts of the body you can talk to the spray tan operator and express your wishes...It is possible,to a certain degree,to effect darker/lighter areas however I wouldn't worry to much as the face does tend to fade quicker and some operators will in fact put extra solution to this area to compensate.

It therefore follows that all you need to do is ask to have the same quantity of solution applied to your face as the rest of the body.

Good luck...oh and how bout posting a before and after picture anyways :hug:

thanx colin:hug:

That sounds like a challenge!im always up for them.....im taking a pic now!

Are you sure they actually put the solution in the machine? I know it sounds silly but I remember reading on here a while ago about a lady that sprayed someone, they returned the next day to compain that the tan did not take and discovered one of the other girls had been cleaning the machine (running it through with water) and forgot about it, leaving it filled with just water. Because when she sprayed it showed a sheen she must have mistook this for the guide colour so didn't realise!

the fact that your guide colour 'didnt wash off' sounds very suspect to me... lke it was never there in the first place. :rolleyes:

this is 10% sienna.
28082008648.jpg

UPDATE: ok, so i had my su-do spray tan (very dark) yesterday at 1.30. didnt wash it off untill 8 this morning so have kept it on for well over the minimum amount of time.but still no colour came off on the sheets and no colour came off in the shower!:mad: i cant see any difference in my skin colour on my legs at all, maybe a little on my arms, but then again my arms were browner than my legs to start with so maybe im just wishing i see a change!

im not sure what to do, i feel abit embarrased to go back and complain again:rolleyes:. i had a different lady apply the su-do than i did the sienna (same salon though)so know it cant be the way they applied it....the second girl came really close to me with the spray gun so to make sure it went on me but still nothing.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:irked:

Did you wear any underwear so you can see any difference in the tan lines? Is there any colouring difference there.

I have had clients that no matter what strength was used just didnt seems to get much change in colour but they did get lines where their underwear was.

I would suggest using the tan enhancers which may perhaps bring out the colour with a little more encouragement.

UPDATE: OK, so i had my su-do spray tan (very dark) yesterday at 1.30. didnt wash it off untill 8 this morning so have kept it on for well over the minimum amount of time.but still no colour came off on the sheets and no colour came off in the shower!:mad: i cant see any difference in my skin colour on my legs at all, maybe a little on my arms, but then again my arms were browner than my legs to start with so maybe im just wishing i see a change!

im not sure what to do, i feel abit embarrased to go back and complain again:rolleyes:. i had a different lady apply the su-do than i did the sienna (same salon though)so know it cant be the way they applied it....the second girl came really close to me with the spray gun so to make sure it went on me but still nothing.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:irked:

Be patient as it can take up to 24hrs to fully develop on some people :hug:

If it doesnt take I honestly believe ,given that two different solutions have been applied,that the solutions or the tan application is at fault here.

There is one in a good few thousand individuals that simply dont react to DHA...maybe your just one such individual.
All is still not yet lost as there is sufficient time yet for this tan to finally develop.
Perhaps you could let us know this evening how things are looking :hug:

Is it possible the solutions (both sienna & su-do) hadn't been shaken before use? Or did you have any moisturisers or oils on your skin the days you had your tans done, therefore creating a barrier to the solutions? (The only other thing is how long had these solutions been in the salon / properly stored etc?)
K

Was you wearing any clothes at all when you were sprayed ????

My god reading these i dont understand whats going on. I had a sienna tan (8.5%) 2 weeks ago and there was quite abit on the sheets. Dont understand how the colour guide is not coming off on sheets or in the shower? Surely even if youre skin didnt react with the dha and tan you, the coulour guide would still be there, rubbing off. Dont get it at all?
xxx

the colour hasnt developed!:cry:

thats what my thought was, when the colour guide didnt come off the bed, but the girl just said that the colour doesnt necessarily come off on sheetsor in the bath!!?????:rolleyes:

i didnt go back to the salon, i wont be going there for another. I think ill have to just put it down to experience, maybe i am just one in a thousand!:green: . i think ill stick to good old sun beds! thanx guys any way for all your help xxxx

the colour hasnt developed!:cry:

thats what my thought was, when the colour guide didnt come off the bed, but the girl just said that the colour doesnt necessarily come off on sheetsor in the bath!!?????:rolleyes:

i didnt go back to the salon, i wont be going there for another. I think ill have to just put it down to experience, maybe i am just one in a thousand!:green: . i think ill stick to good old sun beds! thanx guys any way for all your help xxxx

So did you wear any underwear for the treatment then and there are no tan lines at all?!?!?!?

no i didnt......i just didnt want any tan lines.which i deffinatly havent got!!!!:lol:

Stupid question but what colour skin are you naturally?

white....but quite dark skinned but surely a 'very dark' su-do would show up?

Latest posts

Back