Silliest reasons to dump somebody?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GirlyGeek

Reaction score
This is a light hearted thread!
Just read a similar one on another forum I use which made me chuckle and thought it would be funny to read some more!

So: What is the most random / silly / trivial reason you have ever dumped somebody for?

I shall share mine.

1. He saved up for three weeks to bring me a dozen roses and in a fit of romanticism then serenaded me with twelve different rose related clichés "A rose by any other name would be x" etc. I was 15!!

2. Looked totally different when he cut off all his hair (Previously waist length - cut into a 3" crop for new work) and didn't fancy him anymore!

3. On first date in a bar my friend worked in after we'd been to the cinema - admitted to me and my friend that he was a MASSIVE Disney fan and then had a full on conversation about his life's dream of working at Disney land as Prince Eric. He was in his late 20s!

I always remember my college friend who said her boyfriend would tickle her under the chin, and for that reason she dumped him !

I dumped my boyfriend when I was 14-15 because I saw a big bogey up his nose and it COMPLETELY put me off him!!

Also dumped another lad because he called me 'princess' after every sentence and also made me feel ill! God I'm mean haha!

Ooh good thread, we needed a new challenge :)

I dumped a lad because he looked hideous when he sneezed.
Another because someone wrote on the wall at the park 'Jonny loves our Andy'. His name was Jonny and his bro was Andy.
One because I discovered he bred budgies. I mean at 16??
More recently one because he called me 'Duck' pfft!

Years and years later, I still remember this one and chuckle.

He was a bit of a yoga/meditation devotee and announced that a committed one to one relationship would potentially interfere with his spiritual growth, so he hot footed it off to India in search of said spiritual enlightenment.

Wasn't long before he was back with his tail between his legs though and a case of galloping dysentry! Bless! :lol:

One of my friends dumped her boy friend because he ate cheese and onion crisps! We still laugh about it now! X

I dumped one because he was OCD about cleanliness. If I warmed something in the oven for just 20 minutes he gave it the full Mr Muscle treatment afterwards. He had to go.

Age 15 .... He was showing off doing stunts on his BMX, fell off and landed on his face. Next day at school he had a huge graze covering his nose and looked ridiculous so I dumped him!

Age 18......he genuinely believed he had magic powers! :S

I went to a beer fest of sorts and this oke rocked up wearing a beanie (knotted cap) and refused to take it off.
So he had to go!

Unfortunately one my best mates thought it was adorable and now she married to him (years later)

Beauty at your finger tips!

I use to have a friend dumped her bf as he forgot to take her to mc Donald's

I dumped one because he was OCD about cleanliness. If I warmed something in the oven for just 20 minutes he gave it the full Mr Muscle treatment afterwards. He had to go.
Are you sure he wasn't gay? Lol

I also dumped one because he rocked up on a date dressed as Frank Spencer in all seriousness.

Here's mine although this has made me realise I've had a lack of experience with dumping!!

1. He used to bite my tongue REALLY hard (think he thought it was sexy, was definitely not!).

2. He'd been drinking coke and his teeth looked brown.

3. Too short!

Lol that's made me piss myself bless ya x

He looked like a really cool dude when I met him at a festival type thing but then there was the Frank Spencer date and when I rejected him I started to get love letters. I'm cringing just thinking about it. I must have had a really good pair of beer goggles on the night I first met him.

Here's mine although this has made me realise I've had a lack of experience with dumping!!

1. He used to bite my tongue REALLY hard (think he thought it was sexy, was definitely not!).

2. He'd been drinking coke and his teeth looked brown.

3. Too short!

I've had 2. & 3. Both dumped for the same reasons.

Latest posts

Back