Size of Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Hopes

Reaction score
Hi geeks
i just had two customers for minx this morning , it all went fine except i had to trim the minx down loads to fit their toe nails. even the smallest piece wasnt small enough which meant it took ages.
Does anyone else have this problem ? Or is it just part of the application to sometimes have to trim ? every single one needed triming.

thanks in advance xx

I had one yesterday where the biggest one wasn't big enough for the big toe, I think you are always going to get these situations, I always have to trim at least one down, a bit fiddly but looks nice when its done, when people call and ask how long it will take I always say it depends on your toes, it can take me 20 mins or 45 if I have to start messing about trimming. Claire x

I had one yesterday where the biggest one wasn't big enough for the big toe, I think you are always going to get these situations, I always have to trim at least one down, a bit fiddly but looks nice when its done, when people call and ask how long it will take I always say it depends on your toes, it can take me 20 mins or 45 if I have to start messing about trimming. Claire x
Same here, the client has really highly curved natural nails and i struggle on sizing for both her fingers and toes, I have to turn the largest toenail minx sideways to get it to fit her toenail luckily she only has the silver lightning ones rather than patterned as it would look a bit strange lol, and its the same for her fingers the number 2 only just fits over her middle finger nail the thumb one always has a larger than normal gap around the edge but she is still over the moon with them, they also take me longer due the the curvation in her nails its like wallpapering an orange but she loves them when they are finished, what can you do? lol
Jen xx

oh goooooood i thought it was just me and my poor application :)
it was really time consuming, oh well practise practise practise. They looked fine once i had finished but it took ages!! I havent had someone whos nail is too big yet, how would you get round that with say the sailor ones?? hmmmm x

Turning them sideways is a good idea, didn't think of that, though she had the silver fishnets so prob would of looked odd, I'll tell her to consider a plain one next time for a good fit. Great tip. Cx

Are you trimming it while its cool and still on the backing?? This is the easiest way to do it and i dont think it adds too much time on. If its warm i dont find i get a "clean " cut

Are you trimming it while its cool and still on the backing?? This is the easiest way to do it and i dont think it adds too much time on. If its warm i dont find i get a "clean " cut
Yeah deffo hun, good tip for newbies to minx, however sometimes if they are just a little too big still once I have placed them, I have used my nippers which cut better than scissors when on the nail.
Jen xx

Its a bonus when they don't fit because then you can use the trimmings for the other toes therefore using less minx and saving you money. (plain ones) I did someones toes the other day and only used 5 minx for the whole set.

I have one client whose big toenail is too big for the biggest size and she had silver fishnet last time and I trimmed extra Minx in the way that Debi described before and matched the extra minx up on either sidewalls and you would never know when the nail was finished.

It just takes a wee bit of practice and getting used to when the minx is either too big or too small, but you will get there. :hug:

Hi geeks
i just had two customers for minx this morning , it all went fine except i had to trim the minx down loads to fit their toe nails. even the smallest piece wasnt small enough which meant it took ages.
Does anyone else have this problem ? Or is it just part of the application to sometimes have to trim ? every single one needed triming.

thanks in advance xx

Well that is bad luck, but in some cases it has to be done. It is all part of the service. Did you really expect pre-cut Minx to fit every individual client perfectly?

Well that is bad luck, but in some cases it has to be done. It is all part of the service. Did you really expect pre-cut Minx to fit every individual client perfectly?

yesssss (whine whine :) )
No i was very lucky with my first few clients because they did fit great so when i had those two yesterday i panicked abit! :eek: But on the bright side i did a minx party this morning for 5 and had to trim some and make some fit a wider toe so its all good practise and i was quicker at it too.

Ever since i pointed out to people that lady gaga has them on in her video they cant get enough!!

Latest posts

Back