Skin Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatsClaws

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I really hope you might be able to help.

When I was a child I suffered with bad Eczema and spent most nights sleeping in bandages. I would bath oilatum and some tar type stuff and use countless different creams.

With age the eczema sorted itself out but since loosing my mum 2 years ago it has come back on my legs. I have been to the docs so many times since and we have tried all the creams, bath soaks, clay bandages and nothing got rid of it. Its big patches on my legs and it looks awfull, I cant have spray tans anymore as obviously I end up with white blothes everywhere so as a last resort they put me on antibiotices which still didnt work and gave me awful side effects.

The only thing that really helps it is sunbeds but its usually 3 a week for a couple of months and thats when its not really all that bad, at the moment both of my legs are covered.

Well, I am going to a wedding party next saturday and have the most adorable skirt that I really want to wear. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I might use over the next week to try and clear it up enough to have a spray tan.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I can't help you on what to use on you legs but would definitely advise you to have a patch test of the tanning solution now to check it won't make it worse. :hug:

Hi,
i can't help out short term but there are other things to try.
Both my children had eczema until we had a water softner fitted, it's fantastic for your skin & hair if your'e in a hard water area with the added benefits of using less detergent all round the home + many other benefits.
If i forget to top it up with salt, the eczema rapily returns so i know it's working for them & we don't use any creams just suitable body moisturiser like aqueous cream.
Also many peope believe Goats milk helps their eczema, my girls also drink this.
It's worth considering! good luck

Myself, my eldest daughter but especially my 4 1/2 year old son have eczema. Ben had it very badly on his joints and his face. He has had 4 years of steroids, creams, lotions, ointments, anti biotics etc none of which really made much difference at all. Then 2 weeks ago I started using Environ products on him and I swear his skin is cleared!!! I really can't believe it but the worst area for him was his face and eyes, and now he has no evidence of ever having had eczema. I SO wish I had taken before and after photos but I genuinely wasn't expecting such a drastic change or quite so fast.

I have a client who has been using environ anti-oxidant gel on her knees for a month, and it really helped her condition. So maybe you should give environ a go and see for yourself. Hope it helps

Latest posts

Back