Skinbase microdermabrasion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBIC

Reaction score
.....did you all have a strong client base when you first took it on or the kind of clients you knew would be interested in it?

Just wanted people's thoughts really

Am thinking of taking this treatment on but just wondered if you all had a huge client base when you took it on.

I have approx 25 regular clients but only a few are for facials, do you think it is possible to market this efficiently bearing in mind I'm still trying to build up clients?

I guess as long as I'm covering the weekly costs I wouldn't be too worried.

Hi i have had skinbase since january and i am very hapoy with it. I already had clients having micro current and offeref this treatment with it. I have had only 2 people do a course most of the time i offer as a deep clean facial.
I think its worth a try for 6 months to see how it goes, then if you arent making anything etc then return the machine.
Hope this helps xx

Sent from my GT-I5510 using SalonGeek

I seriously wish I'd done it sooner!! You get 2 weeks for free if you are renting the machine so I charged everyone a fiver. One treatment and they are hooked! I promise.
Even if you didn't cover your costs one week... Just do one treatment on yourself or give it to a client for cost price. I've never not covered my weekly rental. Do it do it lol. Good luck :) xx

I've seen this in a few beauty magazines lately. How exactly does the pay as you go work? I used to have a Skinbase machine but I had to give it up as I was leasing it and it was costing me a lot of money a month that I couldn't afford. It was a shame too cos I loved the machine.
What are the weekly costs? Do u have to pay these on top of the money that comes out per treatment?

I've seen this in a few beauty magazines lately. How exactly does the pay as you go work? I used to have a Skinbase machine but I had to give it up as I was leasing it and it was costing me a lot of money a month that I couldn't afford. It was a shame too cos I loved the machine.
What are the weekly costs? Do u have to pay these on top of the money that comes out per treatment?

We started off with this machine. SkinBase were great.

Was c£12-14 (cant remember exactly) every time switched on. With a minimum of 1 treatment charged for per week. Hence why if you've had no clients book you can do a treatment on yourself/a member of staff/a friend as you have to pay for atleast 1 anyway.

They also give you all crystals, materials and merchandising for free.

Ended up taking off so we bought machines (from a diff company). A very cost effective treatment.

I had it for 6 months also but never really took off, but i can't fault the company at all and want ripped off.
If you do a search there are quite a few threads on skin base so u can get some more info

Brilliant machine and brillaint result's. Had the machine over a year now. I too have always covered the weekly cost's. I did my first stretch marks today couldn't believe the result's after just 1 treatment. Going to do a course on my own soon lol.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Like many of you say, can't go wrong and can always do treatment cost or on myself.

Thanks again.

Brilliant machine and brillaint result's. Had the machine over a year now. I too have always covered the weekly cost's. I did my first stretch marks today couldn't believe the result's after just 1 treatment. Going to do a course on my own soon lol.

Hi i have the machine but never done stretch marks what setting did u have it on? Where were the stretch marks and any other advice would be great. Thanks susan

I have just booked my training with them and will be accepting their PAYG offer to begin with as I can't really lose anything. I have been spreading the word with my clients and they can't wait either.

From asking for a brochure online they have been brilliant, really friendly and helpful so I am looking forward now to getting going. :wink2:

Hi i have the machine but never done stretch marks what setting did u have it on? Where were the stretch marks and any other advice would be great. Thanks susan

You can use up to 4 on the body. I really noticed a difference on the client and even she said about it. I'm going to do a back treatment on an offer for next month on it.

You can always ring skinbase up and they will give you some advice.

Just thought I would update.

Did my training on Thursday and it was so easy. Helen, the trainer was very professional and was able to answer all my questions with ease.

Everything arrived on time, machine, crystals, marketing material etc and all included in the price. I now start my free 2 week period.

My model booked a course before leaving on Thursday and I have done my son's face. He has a particular problem with blackheads on his nose and the results, after just the first treatment, were amazing! I am very excited about this treatment and wish I had known about the Pay as you go thing sooner! :wink2:

Great! I'll have training with them in January.
Can I ask you if there is a time limit with one treatment? What about if you aere to treat stretch marks, can you adjust treatment, decide how long it should be, if yes do they charge per treatment or time?

Anyone please?

The charge is per 20 mins of machine use time. It cuts off automatically at the end of the 20 mins, but gives you warning bleeps first.
You may turn it off before the 20 mins is up, but you're charged the amount every time you switch it on.

Thank you Matthew :)
Is 20 min enough ?? It seems very short time for facial... How much would you charge then for the back? Surely 20 min won't be enough time then..?

Thank you Matthew :)
Is 20 min enough ?? It seems very short time for facial... How much would you charge then for the back? Surely 20 min won't be enough time then..?

The 20 mins is just for the mdb part! More than long enough!
Obv, cleansing, toning and moisturising is done at each end of the 20 mins taking it to 30 mins approx or 45 if using a masque for a deluxe treatment.

Oh I know it's only for MD part, but I always thought it lasted longer than 20 min, but I could be wrong. It's a bit different feeling when receiving treatment.
DO you think 20min would be enough to treat back?

I started doing SkinBase Microdermabrasion at the start of December - best thing ive ever done, its brung me in so many new clients - i havent looked back. Fab company too, extrememly helpful :)

Ive been doing a back treatment on a guy that has really bad acne scarring, its mainly at the top half of the back so this is the area ive been concentrating on. He has had 4 sessions so far and the results are brilliant :)

We started off with this machine. SkinBase were great.

Was c£12-14 (cant remember exactly) every time switched on. With a minimum of 1 treatment charged for per week. Hence why if you've had no clients book you can do a treatment on yourself/a member of staff/a friend as you have to pay for atleast 1 anyway.

They also give you all crystals, materials and merchandising for free.

Ended up taking off so we bought machines (from a diff company). A very cost effective treatment.

Exactly the same as me! Loved it had it about 6 months went so well I brought a machine x;)

Latest posts

Back