Skincare routine for teenage boys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalizy

Reaction score
Hi,
My son has some red raised spots on his nose along with quite a few blackheads, I have bought him some simple' facial wash to use daily and some nivia exfoliator to use twice a week but no improvement any advice gladly received

Iv found freederm gel worked really well on my partner when he suffered as a teenager u can get it from asda ect hth xx

Sent from my X10i

Hi Donnalizy, I would not personally recommend simple, but thats my own opinion,
I would instead put him on a wash/gelwash as opposed to a cream, make sure he is exfoliationg twice a week no more than three MAX on the area,and then a mattifying moisturiser
Ranges id recommend for his age would be Repechage or Dermaolgica, Environ etc
I woudl not opt for anything too acidic or strong, either professional products or shelf bought, there may be a need for that in later years but we do not wan to be stripping the skin at the moment
For that reason, clearasisl, neutrogena etc are all out imo
Hope that is of help
God loev the bugger !!! Long akward road ahead!

I have the same problem with my son and daughter, both are suffering with spots! his have improved 100% since he's had a girlfriend though, but thats probably because he spends all his free time in the bathroom! lol

My daughter tries to cover hers up with make up as she is very concious of them, she does take it off if she is just indoors but they are very angry looking, almost like acne. When we were away with friends and she took her make up off my friend said she was shocked at how bad her face was, she hadnt realised! but its a visious circle, she covers with make up which is probably causing more spots :rolleyes: they dont seem to be confined to one area either but are all over her cheeks, forehead, chin etc and my son has them on his back across his shoulders too!

They both cleanse, use spot stuff of all sorts, lotion, scrubby brush thing etc all the time and nothing seems to clear them up :irked: maybe reading above post the stuff they are using is a bit harsh?

He is 16 and she is 14... would love to help them get rid of them.

In your in your teens you need to get an appointment at the doctors and push them to get you to a dermatologist. Stronger treatments for teen skins need to be closely monitored by a medic because skin is not yet fully developed and the reasons behind the acne may be hormonal so topical treatments will not completely cure the problem. :hug:

It's probably a good idea for you to join him at the doctors to speak up for him as most doctors seem to dismiss acne as a "phase" not realising the psychological impact of bad skin and the fact that you can have it well into adulthood. Scar prevention is key.

Thanks for the replies, I am surprised to hear not to use simple products I have always thought they were a good product to use on the skin, what is wrong with them.:confused:

Latest posts

Back