Slimming World-anyone else do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slimming world really does have the best results, even though I gained this week!! It's really easy to follow and so much support comes through, via the group an I'm lucky enough to be in a fantastic Facebook group! I'd advise anyone to join x

I gained last week due to being a pig but then lost this week. Its really good. And I'm a member of a great facebook group too which helps. Mrsblakemore I had the sw chips last night with chilli & cheese. Yum yum yum.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooh chilli cheese & chips! Im hungry now lol. Im struggling to resist the galaxy ripple i have in the kitchen from before i started my diet, i made my husband eat all the magnums i had bought too but he doesn't like galaxy!!!

With the syns can you have more than 15 in one day if you haven't had any the day before?

With the syns can you have more than 15 in one day if you haven't had any the day before?

My leader said I could carry them forward and have a bottle of wine on Saturday night! :eek:

And the friend I ran into who lost all the weight which led me down this merry path said she ate no syns at all during the week and used them all on alcohol at the weekend. She lost 10.5lb in 4 weeks.

Thats what I used to do but recently was told that you should have a minimum of 5 a day. I do tend to manage ok with very low syns through the week then having a nice meal or few glasses of wine at the weekend. If it affects your weight loss though its worth changing things. X

Oh good! I normally find i only have about 3 syns a day but yesterday i don't know what happened, i had a pig out on chocolate while my husband was in the living room and couldn't stop, i didn't want to get moaned at!! Im over it now but was worried about all the syns i had just eaten, but it might level its self out if i stick to low syns all week now!?

Im hitting a SW group on monday with my friend. Being 3stone heavier than ive ever been and seeing what my nan has lost on it im going to give it a go :) was nice reading everyones stories though keep em coming :) xxx

Im hitting a SW group on monday with my friend. Being 3stone heavier than ive ever been and seeing what my nan has lost on it im going to give it a go :) was nice reading everyones stories though keep em coming :) xxx

Welcome aboard! I've got my first weigh in on Tues.

How much did your nan lose?

I went to slimming world But seem to find it complicated with the red and green But I hear it's not like that any more . But I much prefer Weight Watchers There's so much more information To help with the point value of your food Weight Watchers app on the iPad it's so easy to count your points . But we all know it's not easy lol Good luck everyone xxxx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

It has changed as there is now extra easy. Says it all really. And you can work out syn values on the online food diary. I've done ww vut can't be doing with weighing & measuring everything & working out the points. But different things suit different people.

Mrsblakemore if you stick to low syns, lots of superfree food and lots of water you'll pull it back. After all the wine and 3 course meal I had last night theres no hope for me lol. Although I've not eaten today yet as I can't keep anything down so you never know lol.

I gained weight on SW! Followed it to the letter. Leader looked at my dairy and was shocked as she said it was "a perfect slimming world diary for extra easy". In the three weeks I did it I lost 0lb first week, 0.5lb 2nd week and 3rd week I gained 4!! I excercise like a nutter and put my gain down to the fact I was eating loads of "free food" because it was giving me permission to do so but it meant I was eating loads more then I was before I started.
I am not saying it doesnt work, I have a freind who has lost 9 stone on it and looks brill but I think you shouldn't do as I did and binge on free food as even though my homemade quiche was free (including super free) eating 8 whole eggs, 5 rashers of rindless bacon, a tub of cottage cheese and a tub of quark (along with all the veg) is going to make anyone gain weight. .even if you have a third of your plate covered with salad lol.
Am now back to my ideal weight with sensible eating and continued exersise :) and I take an acai and green tea supplement which helps my sluggish metabolism :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Totally agree. You have to be sensible with portion sizes. I know someone who used to sit and eat a whole chicken because she could! Thats just crazy.

It's a bit crazy isn't it? I don't understand how potatoes and pasta can be free foods. I could eat 3 jacket potatoes with chilli, a 5 egg omelette with ham, a large tin of baked beans, a massive bowl of pasta with a tomato and seafood sauce, 4 muller light yoghurts and 3 mug shots in one day and not use any syns. I think they should perhaps put a daily consumption limit on some foods.

Welcome aboard! I've got my first weigh in on Tues.

How much did your nan lose?

I think she lost about 3stone on it, mayb more. She still does it to this day even after 4years but isnt as strict as she was. Xx

I think its just common sense. Yes you theoretically eat all that but do you need to. The problem with putting limit on food is that different people have different appetites. I have a much bigger appetite than my other half and the idea is to eat to satisfy that appetite. Slimming world does work though. At 4 stone lighter I'm proof of that and I do eat plenty but not silly amounts and make sure I get plenty of fruit & veg and the all important water in.

Meant to say that pasta & potatoes are free because they are energy dense foods so are filling for longer. Have a look at some of the articles on the website it explains it much better than I can lol x

Hey guys, with the unlimited free food, remember a third of the plate must be super free! Plus I find free foods aren't "binge inducing" foods. For example, with a binge you could buy a bag of donuts and pile them in real fast loving it, feel awful after. Can't imagine having the same feeling with a bag of potatoes lol! With the grab and go foods you know pre packed say tikka slices and things like that, lots of them are free and u can use the slimming world app to check syn values. So if u needed to grab something as a snack and was bye a shop I would grab pre packed meat, a diet coke and a banana or something like that. X

I have had 1st weigh day today and have lost 3.5lbs in my 1st week. Now for week 2 ... X

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

I have had 1st weigh day today and have lost 3.5lbs in my 1st week. Now for week 2 ... X

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Congratulations :)
I have my weigh in this morning. Did have a few sneaky wine gums last night at the pictures so hope it's not scuppered a good week.
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

Latest posts

Back