Slimming World-anyone else do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done. I've had a really good week up until saturday which induced a horrific hangover yesterday which I think will have hampered this weeks loss. Oh well back on it today!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Keep going, I have just hit target and is a great feeling. It works if you stick to it.
I try to cut bread out of my diet as this is my biggest down fall with weight gain, if I do have a sneaky bit of bread I will always limit it and then cut it back out as this is what puts my weight on. Not everyone is the same but I personally think bread is a big problem for lots of people.
Slimming world scotch eggs are very nice, I Am actually boiling my eggs as I type to make some and they are free!!
Also slimming world pancakes are very nice and very low syns.

Bread is the biggie with me. Even wholemeal bread makes me put weight on so I try to stay clear of it (love toast with butter and a big mug of tea so its a huge sacrifice but I can see the difference so worth it
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

Just weighed in 3lbs off this week :))))
So happy!!
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

Keep going, I have just hit target and is a great feeling. It works if you stick to it.

I've lost 4 stone and am only 8lb from target. I think because I'm starting to fit back into my pre baby clothes I've got a bit complacent the last few weeks. Our consultant threw down a 777 challenge last week. 7 pints of water a day, 7 superfree foods a day and 7 syns a day. Get weighed tomorrow then will be starting the challenge.

And well done dream nails thats fab!

Oh iv had a really bad week this week, im not looking forward to my weigh in on wednesday!! Iv been out today & we stopped at a service station & we went to greggs, to be good i had a ham salad sandwich & to my horror it was 19 1/2 syns!!! Oh dear!

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm so close to target and really want to be there by my holiday in 6 weeks!!! At lesst I know we have no plans this week so can be good lol. I've started to take a little pack up when we go out so I can be good unless we're eating somewhere then I have jacket spud & beans & salad. My pack up is usually chopped up veggies, low syn crisps, fruit, if I've made something like cheese bites I'll put some of those in plus my heb cereal bars. That way I'm not caught out. Xx

I decided to have a go at Swimming World but I loathed and despised the idiot woman running it!
I had a conversation with her that went something like this:

So, how does it work, then?
Well, it's all about food optimisation.
OK, and what does that mean, exactly?
Well, it means that you optimise your food.
Uh oh, and how does that happen?
Well, you eat foods that are optimised.
OK, repeating the words doesn't explain the process. What is the process involved in this plan?
Well, it's all to do with food optimisation.

Arrrrrgghhhh.

I lasted 3 weeks.

I tried it but it was too much cooking from scratch for me, I like to grab things and go.

Also I seemed to think it was an all you can eat lol so I'm at weight watchers and have lost 5 stone. I was disappointed slimming world wasn't for me because I knew someone that lost 8 stone on it! And I like the way there is no weighing foods.

I'm a lb away from stone and a half in 11 weeks, and I'm a takeaway junkie and I can do it. Even got slimmer of the week as lost 10% of my body weight last week x

I decided to have a go at Swimming World but I loathed and despised the idiot woman running it!

OK, repeating the words doesn't explain the process. What is the process involved in this plan?

Arrrrrgghhhh.

I lasted 3 weeks.

That is shocking lynne! They're not all like that. The woman that runs the group I went to up until recently was rubbish. Absolutely rubbish. And when it turned out her scales weren't right by a fair amount all she said was "the scales are just nuts & bolts, its whats in the heart that counts" what a load of bs!!! And she never really motivated anyone or looked the part - she always looks scruffy and is a large lady. The consultant at my new group however is fantastic - so motivational. And looks amazing after losing 10 stone.

First weigh in today: 5lb off! Yes!!! Want at least 2 off next week so it's half a stone. :biggrin:

Wow well done you that's fab! I was very lucky and maintained after a rather naughty weekend. So 8lb to target & 6 weeks to holiday!

Well done all, keep up good work x

Wow well done you that's fab! I was very lucky and maintained after a rather naughty weekend. So 8lb to target & 6 weeks to holiday!

That really is so do-able!! You will feel so fantastic on your hols. Keep it up!

Thank you. I know its achievable I just need to get planning the next couple of weeks. Normally go to body combat on a tues night but have cancelled so I can sit with my books and plan my menus for the week. Xx

Arrrrrgghhhh.

I lasted 3 weeks.

This happened to me too. I dont think I was too popular because I was asking a lot of questions and no-one had any answers for me. I did stick it out a bit longer than you though, but it didn't get any better.
The woman leading the group was lovely but always looked a mess. Not an inspiring look.

Anyway, well done for all those that have lost weight in this way! Keep up the good work x

Mrs Blakemore, how did you get on at weigh in? Stay on your thread to keep yourself motivated!! :hug:

Haha thanks for asking...i lost 2lbs this week!! I had a bad week too. Im being super good this week to balance it out because I'm sure it will appear next week!? Iv lost just over half a stone now so hopefully will loose another half before my holiday! I know i will be on holiday but im going to try & stick with it, have fruit for breakfast, egg for dinner etc and try to avoid the bread rolls which i love!! It is a lot of cooking & i have to push myself to cook when i get home from work but its paying off

Well done. Last year when we went away I stuck to a healthy breakfast & dinner but had what I wanted at night but restricted myself to one plateful. Lots of water during the day then drank what I liked at night. Damage limitation or you can think sod it I'm going to enjoy myself and deal with any gain when I get home. Xx

Latest posts

Back