Slimming World-anyone else do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I'm going to do when I go away next week. :D

Well done. Last year when we went away I stuck to a healthy breakfast & dinner but had what I wanted at night but restricted myself to one plateful. Lots of water during the day then drank what I liked at night. Damage limitation or you can think sod it I'm going to enjoy myself and deal with any gain when I get home. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

That sounds good! Did it work? I really don't want to get home from holiday and be told iv put on even 2lbs!! Im going to be doing a lot of swimming & running around after my little girl so if i try & stick to it hopefully i will loose a few pounds!? That will be a first though. Although i lost weight when i went to florida once but that was due to a dodgy hot dog at epcot lol, gone off them now!!

Errrm it sort of worked. I got norovirus on the tues and barely ate a thing for days. Had my first proper meal on the sat night when we got home. Then I turned into a one woman junk food eating machine lol. Honestly I ate every takeaway going. But still had a 2lb loss lol. We had a week away the month before that and I followed the same rules and managed a maintain so think it can work.

Hows everyone doing? I lost another 1lb this week. Very pleased considering its * week and I'm all bloated. Also we had our woman of the year thing today and I came 2nd out of 15 nominees! :D:D

I'm doing whale watchers because I don't want to cause an international incident when we go on holiday on New Year's Eve. I'm more than a tad concerned that Greenpeace will attempt to tow me out to sea...
So, after my first week back at WW I've lost 4lbs. That's, like, 8 packs of butter!

I joined slimming world in January after having my little girl in October. I reached my 2 stone target in May, and now I'm paying again for being too far below my target :sad:

It sounds like a nice position to be in but it's really not! My eating habits have changed so drastically that I don't feel hungry as often or enjoy fattening foods anymore, and I'm having to stuff my face with things to try to stay at target! I'm still losing weight and paying £4.95 a week for it.

I don't suppose anyone else has had this problem?

I'm doing whale watchers because I don't want to cause an international incident when we go on holiday on New Year's Eve. I'm more than a tad concerned that Greenpeace will attempt to tow me out to sea...
So, after my first week back at WW I've lost 4lbs. That's, like, 8 packs of butter!

I'm at whale watchers too Lynne, have lost 5st 3lb so far, has taken 12 months :) 4lbs is brilliant x

I joined slimming world in January after having my little girl in October. I reached my 2 stone target in May, and now I'm paying again for being too far below my target :sad:

It sounds like a nice position to be in but it's really not! My eating habits have changed so drastically that I don't feel hungry as often or enjoy fattening foods anymore, and I'm having to stuff my face with things to try to stay at target! I'm still losing weight and paying £4.95 a week for it.

I don't suppose anyone else has had this problem?

When I did Slimming World, my leader told me you could change your target 3 times, have you asked your leader to lower it for you?

Wow well done Lynne thats brilliant! And well done also amy! Spa therapist I was going to suggest lowering your target the same as amy said.

:cry::cry:

Only 1/2 pound off this week! :irked:

I was really good too!

Not giving up. Even more determined now.

Its off hun. Look at it as 1/2lb in the right direction. Keep up the good work & it might catch up next week. Have you been drinking enough water. I know my weight loss is always better when I drink at least 2litres a day.

Iv got my weigh in tomorrow so will post how much iv put on lol, iv had another bad week & can't be lucky again this week!! I had a pig out on sunday, i had a whole pack of biscuits & had a nandos yesterday, chips & garlic bread...oh dear!!

Ok I'll confess now. We had a chippy tea. I always always had a treat after weigh in and haven't done since I've moved to a morning group. But I actually feel sick now so am going to plan the next couple of days menus and I will get this last 7lb off before my holiday in 5 weeks!!

1 1/2 off this week. I'm 2 1/2 away from loosing 2 stone since may. Half way to my target :)
Vicki x

Well done vicki thats great! My last 1/2 stone is being very stubborn lol. I suppose not helped by the chippy I had last night. But back on it 100% today. Off to a friends down south for a few days on sunday so I will be at her mercy but fingers crossed it won't be too bad. Xx

When I did Slimming World, my leader told me you could change your target 3 times, have you asked your leader to lower it for you?

Hi, they won't let me lower it as the minimum is 7lbs and this would make me under a healthy BMI :mad:

I might have to stop going, but it's a shame because the main reason I joined (in all honesty) is because I don't have any friends here, so it's my social event once a week! Disappointing :rolleyes:

I did gain half a pound this week though :Love:

Thats a shame hun. What has the consultant advised you to do? Xx

Sometimes i think this whole bmi thing is rubbish! Im only 5,1 and i should be like 7 stone, my lightest i was 9 stone & was a size 8/10 & looked fine, i think its a personal thing as everyone is different shapes and bone masses etc! There are people in my group who have reached their goal but still go for the chat, it a bit annoying that you have to pay but if you like it then its worth it!.....................i lost 2lbs today! I couldn't believe it after the few naughty days i have had, i try and make up for it the next day though so it seems to work. Iv lost 9 1/2 lbs so far so just need to loose 4 1/2 lbs in 3 weeks for my holiday, then i will have lost a stone! I have 2 stone from now to loose to reach my goal, hopefully i will reach it by christmas then all the baby weight has gone, after 3 years lol

One of the trainers at the gym I used to go to was classed as morbidly obese according to bmi but he was just pure muscle with low body fat. I sometimes think it can be rubbish as it doesn't take build, muscle mass etc into account.

Latest posts

Back