Slimming World-anyone else do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am doing sw and am in my second week and starting to get to grips with it, however the two things that i am finding difficult are:

the cost- its costing me a fortune in ingredients to cook all the things from scratch

The constant cooking-i love cooking dont get me wrong, but it does get a little tiresome always having to be cooking my next meal etc and the fact that it isnt a 'grab and go' diet.

Does anyone else find the above to be the case?

For me it has quickly become apparent that planning is key!

Good luck all of you!

It's expensive at first but the ingredients can be brought cheap example to make meals you need chopped tomatoes, passata etc, they can be brought asda's own brand and still taste as good, the meat and fresh fruit/veg costs most, but buying the fruit and veg off your local market saves loads and can be frozen x

I find its cheaper cooking fresh food - I walk into town & go to my local market where fresh fruit & veg & meat is a lot cheaper than the supermarkets. Cook twice as much as you need and freeze it so you have meals ready to go.

Nearlyme sw does suggest a lot of grab & go food but also if you look at the website, magazines and cook books it is cooking from scratch with fresh ingredients. You do need to have your syns but if you're struggling to have them have something like a glass of fruit juice, add synned ingredients to your cooking, a treat of a buscuit with a coffee etc etc. In my opinion weight watchers is worse for the grab & go meals as you can easily put one of their ding ding meals in the microwave rather than cook a fresh meal. Plus you can buy all the ww food but if you look at points other cheaper brands are the same points. But saying that different diets work for different people & I know people who get onbetter with ww than sw or rosemary connely than ww.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find its cheaper cooking fresh food - I walk into town & go to my local market where fresh fruit & veg & meat is a lot cheaper than the supermarkets. Cook twice as much as you need and freeze it so you have meals ready to go.

Nearlyme sw does suggest a lot of grab & go food but also if you look at the website, magazines and cook books it is cooking from scratch with fresh ingredients. You do need to have your syns but if you're struggling to have them have something like a glass of fruit juice, add synned ingredients to your cooking, a treat of a buscuit with a coffee etc etc. In my opinion weight watchers is worse for the grab & go meals as you can easily put one of their ding ding meals in the microwave rather than cook a fresh meal. Plus you can buy all the ww food but if you look at points other cheaper brands are the same points. But saying that different diets work for different people & I know people who get onbetter with ww than sw or rosemary connely than ww.

Oh I gave up and just upped my exercise and reduced my processed food intake to 0 and dropped 14lb in 4 weeks lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

At first it was a lot of cooking but if i dont cook we get a takeaway because my husband cant cook! So i would rather cook after work because im getting good results, i thought it was expensive but compared to eating out every night i think im saving a fortune!! If im too tired to cook, i normally give myself a night a week off, we get an indian & i have rice salad and tikka chicken chunks & tonight is indian night lol!!

I think everyone is different with diets, i tried ww last year & really struggled & only lost a couple if lbs in 1-2 months & was constantly hungry & depressed. Slimming world for me is amazing & filling, my mum on the other hand has lost loads on ww & it suits her, im not sure sw would suit her! I think you just have to try until something works

Always seemed a lot of pre packed stuff being promoted on SW. Tinned Stews/Curry, pre packed reformed ham, sweetened yoghurt, pasta in sauce and super noodles, sugary cereal bars, tinned macaroni cheese, mug shot thingys. All what I call "fake food". Maybe that is why I didnt get on with it. I struggled with my eay locally sourced fresh food ethos whilst trying to eat healthy A this and B that and as for syns... maybe its because I didnt eat enough syns that I gained weight. All very confusing lol. You lot seem to be going great guns so maybe its just me struggleing to get my head around it. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app
I think it's different where ever you go. My leader always promoted cooking from scratch and having fruit and veg as snacks or maybe making a bran cake which only takes a few syns, baked in the microwave is really filling and and tasty. Whilst a stand in leader told me I could eat chinese from the chippy for low syn and have tinned stuff. But with my usual leader I have never been told to eat a great deal of tinned/packet food whilst at SW maybe if you went back and tried a different group you may have more success with it? You can source food locally and eat fresh on the plan.

Oh god I have had such a bad week this week, and I'm getting weighed tomorrow! I am 2 1/2 lbs from a stone which I was hoping to loose before my hols. I have 2 weigh ins before I go & I'm dreading it tomorrow, she's going to say iv put on when I was hoping to reach my goal this week : (

Don't fret. I've been away and have been eating like a horse. I chickened out of going for weigh in today as my scales at home say I've gained 3lb. I need to lose most of that before I go next week. I go with one of the mums from school and she is away at the moment so that gave me another excuse not to go.

I am definitely going next week and have been back on track today. Went shopping and bought all the stuff I'll need to last me until the end of the week. Back to being motivated after my holiday blip.

I wanna start back on SW but cutting down on fizzy pop kills me lol! Xx

I had a gain of 2.5lb this week after going to stay with a friend then losing the plot a bit when I got back. So now I've got 20 days to holiday & 9.5lb to target......

I had a gain of 2.5lb this week after going to stay with a friend then losing the plot a bit when I got back. So now I've got 20 days to holiday & 9.5lb to target......

A good old bout of either the flu or Delhi belly are probably the only things that are going to get you there in such a short space of time.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Change your target to 6lb before your holiday and give yourself another month after the hols to get yourself to target.

No one is going to notice you're 3.5lb from target as you're going to look gorgeous with all the weight you've lost already. :hug:

Awwww thank you. I know its not a huge amount of weight and I know better than to put pressure on myself. But I have decided no alcohol between now & then apart from my other halfs birthday so that will help. If I can get back to my 4 stone weight loss which id 5lb away then I'll be happy. Am properly 100% in the zone though.

Lost 2lb at Whale Watchers today x

I've also got 1st left to lose on sw. I've done 1st so far since feb. it's so bloody hard to lose weight.

Beauty is what's on the inside x

It is so hard. Easy to gain but hard to lose. I got my 4 stone award in may but am now at 3st 9lb after the scales turned out to be broken & had been weighing us all lighter!!!! Since that happened I've been up a lb down a lb. Its these last few lbs that are being really stubborn lol.

Quick tip if anyone needs a chocolate fix, milk from your healthy extra a and an options hot choc sachet(2 syns) mixed together make a yuuuuumy milkshake! Xxx

Quick tip if anyone needs a chocolate fix, milk from your healthy extra a and an options hot choc sachet(2 syns) mixed together make a yuuuuumy milkshake! Xxx

Just had one 10 minutes ago!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back