Slimming World-anyone else do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think BMI is a load of nonsense too. I think you know yourself when you are the right weight x

I totally agree. Body builders must have a massive BMI!! What a load of hogwash.

Hey guys! Just to let you all know I've been nominated for slimmer of the year! I've lost 3 stone 6 pound since starting in February! I have just printed some before pictures off! I would definitely recommend doing a few snaps of yourself, I do mine just on my phone, I don't show anyone as they are mostly in leggins and a bra but it really helps, there is an app called pic stitch and u can do side bye side photos. Also would recommend a web sight called model my diet as u get this figure and u put your weight in then your new weight and see a change! Don't worry if u have a few weeks where u maintain/don't lose much even had weeks where I have put on. Don't be discouraged! U can all do it xxxx

Well done you thats fab. I came 2nd in our groups woman of the year out of 15 nominees so am well chuffed. Was wondering how to do pics like that so thanks for the app tip :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh wow, does this mean you will be in the magazine!? Thats amazing, i bet you feel great!

No its a group thing then the woman of the year for each group in the country get entered into a national woman of the year thing. The winner will be in the mag, gets a 2 week holiday in Marrakesh & I think its £3000. Not bad for shedding some lbs lol. I am going to submit my story to the mag for consideration when I get to target and I'd love to be a consultant but just don't have the time (or money) right now.

Using that app I've done a fab before & after pic. Anyone want to see.....

Wow that sounds good!...definitely, i want to see a pic!!

Ok here you go. Anyone else care to share....

Attachments

• 1376774130072.jpg
    1376774130072.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 144
Ok here you go. Anyone else care to share....

You look fab! I would upload one, but i still have 2 stone to go and don't see a difference in the before and after even after 5 stone lol x

2 1/2 off this week so I've lost exactly 2 stone and am half way to my target :)
Vicki x

hi geeks

i have only been doing SW the last couple of weeks and am getting a bit frustrated with the snacking/food on the go situation

what do you all snack on, im getting so tired of mullerlights and fruit that i have been quite naughty recently cos i just cant think of anything else i can have, im usually quite hungry when i get home from work and cant wait till i have cooked the proper meals (hence my pre SW diet being toast followed by micro meal)

im almost ready to give up :sad:

Second weigh in at Whale Watchers - 5lbs off - 9lbs in total. I had a lovely email from the Royal Astronomical Society asking me if I would mind awfully letting them know when I planned to go out at night as people were reporting what they thought was a mobile eclipse...
Still a way to go then, huh...

Yeah i mostly snack on muller lights & fruit, a banana if I'm on the move! If i dont have my cereal or bread i have a box of special k chewy delight bars which are quiet nice to snack on. Sometimes it is difficult to find free foods easy to snack on, i know theres loads but i can never bring myself to munch on carrot sticks! I just cant believe how well im doing so even though its boring sometimes im continuing to eat my muller lights & fruit.....i lost 2lbs again this week, 11 1/2 off and 2 1/2 to go before my holiday!!

I lost 0.5lbs at Whale watchers..

Buy the bars they sell at your group they are syn free if you count as a healthy extra these have helped me stop reaching for a chocolate bar! I've Lost half a stone in 3 weeks its amazing :)

Buy the bars they sell at your group they are syn free if you count as a healthy extra these have helped me stop reaching for a chocolate bar! I've Lost half a stone in 3 weeks its amazing :)

Wow thats really good! I always look at those bars while I'm waiting to pay but always forget once i have paid, my daughter is getting used to coming with me now but at first she kept moaning to go home & that she wanted to sit down or drink some water etc etc until i couldn't wait to get out of there!! I will try and remember to get some next time

If you have an aldi near you the 70kcal choc orange benefit bars are gorgeous and 3 syns each or 2 for healthy extra b. Their tinned corale ravioli is only 1 syn. I sometimes get a packet of ham or something to snack on. And I love mushy peas with salt n vinegar. Not been weighed this week as have been away. Weighed myself on mum in laws scales before I went & will weigh myself on them this weekend so I'll know what to expect on tuesday.

Always seemed a lot of pre packed stuff being promoted on SW. Tinned Stews/Curry, pre packed reformed ham, sweetened yoghurt, pasta in sauce and super noodles, sugary cereal bars, tinned macaroni cheese, mug shot thingys. All what I call "fake food". Maybe that is why I didnt get on with it. I struggled with my eay locally sourced fresh food ethos whilst trying to eat healthy A this and B that and as for syns... maybe its because I didnt eat enough syns that I gained weight. All very confusing lol. You lot seem to be going great guns so maybe its just me struggleing to get my head around it. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am doing sw and am in my second week and starting to get to grips with it, however the two things that i am finding difficult are:

the cost- its costing me a fortune in ingredients to cook all the things from scratch

The constant cooking-i love cooking dont get me wrong, but it does get a little tiresome always having to be cooking my next meal etc and the fact that it isnt a 'grab and go' diet.

Does anyone else find the above to be the case?

For me it has quickly become apparent that planning is key!

Good luck all of you!

I'm in my second week too, lost 6lbs so far and trying really hard to stick to it as its the only thing that seems to work on shifting this stubborn baby weight! Have got some curly wurlys as my synful treat though(was lowest syn choccie I could find on the list!). Found that getting some diet Pepsi has helped too as feels like a treat but its free! 2 stone to go! X

Back