Smart Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks carlabarbie would love to see how they look xx

I'd just like to add as well, they look very dull and rubbery. As a client I'd rather pay for a full treatment and not just be rushed out the door. Would you charge less for this treatment? So many questions and none have been answered!! Xx

They don't look or feel rubbery on me. To be honest I feel like I just have nail polish on. Obviously with not having a base or top coat they feel really really thin.

I'm not like super defending the product or the company or anything, I just thought as I'm actually wearing it I would give my honest opinion.

I think it's stayed quite shiny considering no top coat.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373270660.676387.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373270660.676387.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 663
Smart Polish day 5

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373270800.152355.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373270800.152355.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 717
I think someone has had an OH S* IT what have I said moment moment.Under cured product and no prep at a beauty show that alone is enough for me not to even have a read about this product dangerous and disgusting protocol.There clearly was and isn't any knowledge surrounding this product let alone how it should be used and more importantly the dangers.

Laughable really.

Oh forgot to mention Gigi ur such a monster,wicked woman :lol::lol::lol:...joking.xx

Its not something I am going to rush out and buy (I am happy with Gelish and OPI GelColor). However, the results and pictures from Carlabarbie are pretty impressive. It certainly doesn't look dull or rubbery.

The performance of the demonstrators at the show is a bit unfortunate. However, I have seen some pretty poor applications by top company demonstrators at various shows over the years.

Maybe it should be given a chance before we all slate it with no knowledge or experience of the product.

I am looking forward to seeing Carlabarbie's nails after a couple of weeks wear.

There is no danger issue of over curing gel. Your gel nails are exposed to UV light for weeks after curing. 2 extra minutes in a UV lamp will cause no issues whatsoever. Think of nail art ... How many times do we cure and cure again! Don't fret about it. When its cured its essentially cured. If the product ages prematurely then you would know by service breakdown ... But danger? No.

Thx thats good to know Geeg :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Its not something I am going to rush out and buy (I am happy with Gelish and OPI GelColor). However, the results and pictures from Carlabarbie are pretty impressive. It certainly doesn't look dull or rubbery.

The performance of the demonstrators at the show is a bit unfortunate. However, I have seen some pretty poor applications by top company demonstrators at various shows over the years.

Maybe it should be given a chance before we all slate it with no knowledge or experience of the product.

I am looking forward to seeing Carlabarbie's nails after a couple of weeks wear.

I too think it looks pretty good, I have also seen some poor applications and unhygienic practises at trade shows by very well know companies. Agreed looking forward to seeing it after 2weeks

What was the prep and cure time at the show? We were told to prep as you would for most nail treatments, as in do cuticle work, shape and very lightly buff with a koala/white block or equivalent. Cure for 2 min in either an led or uv lamp.

It would be nice if Le Chat could get back to us with more information, especially as they are lasting brilliantly on my nails, been working non stop since I had them done on Thursday and not chipped or peeled yet.

What was the prep and cure time at the show? We were told to prep as you would for most nail treatments, as in do cuticle work, shape and very lightly buff with a koala/white block or equivalent. Cure for 2 min in either an led or uv lamp...

That's very loose, surely the cure times would be different for led and uv???

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I'd kind of like to see the working hand and all 10.

I'd kind of like to see the working hand and all 10.

That ^
Also, you mentioned in one of your posts that you have to buff the nail as part of the prep process? As it stands I dont buff with Shellac At All and my clients' nails look like this after 10-12 days. Just sayin

I messaged the smartpolish facebook page asking about product cost and what training was offered and got this reply,

Smart Polish
Hi Jodie You need to call 0115 966 3796 to order as prices depends on numbers also we can answer any questions you may have

Not overly keen on trying the product as i can't find any information on the science behind it and they don't seem to answer the questions just tell people to ring them!

Now if i email S2 i get a nice email back with all the answers to my questions :) so think i'll stick to them.

It's all very suspect to me. They need to up their game if they want people to buy their product. Or do you think this is some marketing scam in its self. I mean look at how much attention we are giving them and they are not even saying anything. People who dont give out information, in my experience, are trying to hide something. Think we should wait until we can get something solid. I feel "better the Devil you know" will be sticking with my known and reputable brand.

Hi All,
First off i wish to appologise to anyone this thread has offended! I only started it as im new to the nail Industry & still doing alot of research on products & feel this is the place to ask opinions of professional nail techs.
I was curious about the product after seeing it at Beauty UK & just wanted to see if others had tried or had knowledge of the product.
I respect the advice & opinions of the Ladies & gents on the forum. I never expected my thread to create such a heated debate!
I would like to thank you all for your imput but again appologise if anyone has felt offended. :hug: x

Hi All,
First off i wish to appologise to anyone this thread has offended! I only started it as im new to the nail Industry & still doing alot of research on products & feel this is the place to ask opinions of professional nail techs.
I was curious about the product after seeing it at Beauty UK & just wanted to see if others had tried or had knowledge of the product.
I respect the advice & opinions of the Ladies & gents on the forum. I never expected my thread to create such a heated debate!
I would like to thank you all for your imput but again appologise if anyone has felt offended. :hug: x

Look what you started!! Lol

We don't do the Birmingham show as it usually just isn't as well attended and the numbers are low compared to other shows.

Hi All,

Don't be sorry :) it's actually a great debate which we all wanted to know answers to lol! If it wasn't for you we wouldn't have found out this much about smartpolish...which is well..nothing. We've found out nothing lol xx

That ^
Also, you mentioned in one of your posts that you have to buff the nail as part of the prep process? As it stands I dont buff with Shellac At All and my clients' nails look like this after 10-12 days. Just sayin

I don't use shellac, I use IBD and always lightly buff as part of prep. I even do it with manicures but then buff with a buffer and oil afterwards. Which I know will make you all recoil with horror.

You can see my other hand but 2 things- 1. I didn't do this hand so it's not up to my standard. 2. I had bitten the nails on this hand prior to having the smart polish on.

Latest posts

Back