Smell when filing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolaBevahousen

Reaction score
Hi I use nsi products and have noticed that when you file to do a rebalance there can sometimes be a strange smell produced. Has this happened to anyone else, anyone know what it is?

LOL I haven't smelled that 'old fusty' smell for YEARS and years.
Many products smell like this when they are aged.

For what it is worth, CND NEVER smells like that.

i have experinced this with certain clients in the past and different brands of product, but dont think its anything to do with the brand of product.
nails of smokers smell particularly bad and release the smell of cigarette smoke when filed and i have had clients who are none too fussy with personal hygeine that have had nails that smell when you file the product on them.

Last edited:
Hey is it when you file gel toes down, I have clients who are hygenic etc but sometimes the smell it horrendus when I file off their toes. I can smell it afterwards too makes me feel proper sick!! xxx

eww. I use NSI also and i too smell the smell! almost kind of fishy its gross. what is it!!:suprised:

yes I know the smell! That nasty fishy whiff! eugh! I could not use a product that smelled that bad on rebalance! Touch wood I've not had to do a rebalance on a smelly set for a while!

MMA smells fishy!! But NSI monomers are not MMA. Did you get it from the NSI distributor?

I used to use NSI but I never got that smell. I do smell that wshen Im filing NSS nails though

I use NSI and i do get that smell. But its very faint smell and compared the the stinky acrylic, its nothing too bad :)

I use both NSI acrylic and gel , and have never got that smell, thank god! :suprised:

i use NSI attraction and have never got that smell.. Occasionally a clients nails may smell fusty and old, but its usually coming from the natural nail underneath, especially when they havent been cleaned properly

It's whEn I file finger nails, I always get the products from NSI themselves, and I don't think that it can be the age bacus it happened on a set where purly pink masqe was used and that's relitivly a new product.
I woulden't say that is fishy but I woulden't say that it's completely not ether it's not as strong as the smell as monomer I just wonders wth it could be!!

I use both NSI acrylic and gel and never had a strange smell either, presume it is down to the individual client, eugh! x

It's whEn I file finger nails, I always get the products from NSI themselves, and I don't think that it can be the age bacus it happened on a set where purly pink masqe was used and that's relitivly a new product.
I woulden't say that is fishy but I woulden't say that it's completely not ether it's not as strong as the smell as monomer I just wonders wth it could be!!

Its fine, i get it too and my NSI products are only 2 month old. I have very sensitive nose, maybe you do to, i smell things from miles away! lol.

Maybe me and you file quickly and its a burn from the chemical heating up with friction.

Dont worry though. x

Just a thought..... is it not the nail file?:idea:

Give your files a sniff lolxx

I get it too with NSI Attraction but only sometimes!! It isn't the same awful smell as the MMA makes but it is slightly fishy :irked:

I know what smell you are talking about, I have smelt that too when filing :lol:

i have had clients who are none too fussy with personal hygeine that have had nails that smell when you file the product on them.

Omg that's wrong on so many levels . Why is a simple hand was too much. Touch wood my clients have been clean so far but dreading the nasty nail ones I know will appear one day!
Vicki xx

Latest posts

Back