Smile lines on your right hand (by cheating)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
well - cos im having soooo much trouble uploading this blooming thing onto the tut forum - a very dear friend of mine suggested i put it on here. so here goes.....

For those who have problems doing your right hand smile lines on yourself.

1.PREP NAILS
2.APPLY TIPS

(picture 1)

3. Here we go……..

first off – take out the centre of your nail forms and cut, as shown (picture 2)

place the nail form centre on your nail, where you want your smile line to be, you may need to play with this, to make it fit from side to side. (the cut line allows you to widen it or make it narrower) Also make sure that the edge of the form centre is sitting flat on your nail, otherwise you will get seepage under the form centre. Press the form centre firmly on your nail (pic 3)

apply your white – it doesn’t matter that you are going over the form centre, as this will be removed when you remove the form centre (pic 4)

while the white is still wet/damp, slowly remove the form centre, revealing a lovely smile line.(pic 5)

Now fill in zones 2 and 3 with a custom blend, but don’t go over the white, only butt it up to the smile line, making sure it meets correctly.

hope this helps some of you that have probs with your right (or left) hand smilies, i only use this on my right hand, only so both hands looks equal. i got sick of hiding my right hand, but not anymore................:D

Attachments

• nail with tip applied and showing natural smile line.jpg
    nail with tip applied and showing natural smile line.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 269
  • cut line.jpg
    cut line.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 270
  • nail form centre in place.jpg
    nail form centre in place.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 332
  • white applies.jpg
    white applies.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 334
  • zone 2 filled with custom blend.jpg
    zone 2 filled with custom blend.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 272
absolutely fabulous darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks hun xxxx

just a thought could you do this as a sculpt too???????
i cant see why not, but then i have had a bottle of wine lol

Thank you for that Glynis, brilliant one!!!

xxxxx

nailsbynikki said:
just a thought could you do this as a sculpt too???????
i cant see why not, but then i have had a bottle of wine lol

bless ya nik ..... lol :hug:

coolio Glynis :) a fab way to make our lives easier :D

j xoxo

Sparklepink said:
bless ya nik ..... lol :hug:

coolio Glynis :) a fab why to make our lives easier :D

j xoxo

hey jess - you a blooming educator - you dont have these probs - or do you? :hug:

Peter Pan said:
hey jess - you a blooming educator - you dont have these probs - or do you? :hug:
na .... i dont.....lol.... ;)
i tend to go for the simple option,..... my nail beds are kinda wee so i tend to do more fades than french when i actually bother to do my own/..... at the mo i have a right hand that needs some lovely fades to match my other hand.......lol

Hi everyone. I have no problem of doing the smile lines on my right hand, only its hard to file. I could make it thinner. It's very annoying. Anyone have tips on doing the filing on the right hand?

Cool Glynis thanks Babes - not sure if it will work with Gel but will try a 5 sec freeze cure and give it a go.
KxXx

Cool idea, thanks for that Glynis very helpful tutorial.

Take care xx

That's a fantastic idea, thanks for that! :hug:

I'm fine with other people and my left hand but I rarely to french on myself because I always get my right had messed up..... ta :)

Brilliant Idea! Thanks heaps!!!

Thanks Glynis - I am sure that handy tip will come in handy!

cool, i always cheated with white tips before but never knew how to rebalance it. now i know!

Nice one hun!!!! What a fab idea! x

CLEVER LITTLE COOKIE THAT GLYNIS IS ISNT SHE !!!!

AMB X:hug:

wow ill give that a whirl - if any one asks to see my nails i normally show em me left hand - my smiles on my right hand are never very smily - either straight or a wonky smile xx

What a brilliant idea. can you just clarify what you mean but cutting out the centre of the form. Must be dumb today ( have just been out with 4 kids grocery shopping so still a little frazzled) Can you explain.
xxxxx:D

What a clever idea.
You know I remember a few years back when I was in the states I had my nails done and it was strange, they applied the white then the woman got a nail tip and used it to cut the smile line, she like dug it out, a bit hard to explain. Using the top of the tip and pulling back towards zone 2&3 thus leaving a crisp smile line. I have never tried this but has anyone else seen this done in the uk?? or just USA??

Never seen it but I am going to try both techniques!! Perfect smile lines here I come. would it be naughty to do that to a client. will it make me a lazy sod.???

Latest posts

Back