Smile lines or white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NailStyle said:
I dont soak nails off unless i have to ....all of my clients have infills till they are a natural nail overlay....if you are soaking off every 3 months...then you must have to cut off there own nails that have grown...so you can re-tip. I hate to cut natural nails off.
Fantastic advice Angie:Love: Debxxxxx

kateyork1 said:
Hi there, can I just ask those of you that do use white tips - what do you do when the client comes for a rebalance? I've never really used white tips so I'm sure sure how you go about doing this or do you have to soak off and start again?

Ok... I'm not sure of all the terms you guys use... but if I do a set of white tips (which isn't often, I usually use white poweder/gel) then when they come in for a backfill, I just do it as I would any other backfill. I don't just trench out a new smile line, I file down the entire white area to be filled with white powder/gel.

extensionten said:
cool, a lot of peops do like that look, and it's fine, and done in a professional way then if the client is happy and it lasts then we should be happy! natural is not to everyones tastes. i do tanning too.... and a lot of my clients say to me they want it to look "fake" gasp!!!! and they want their nails to match!!!! i.e. orange look with long square white tips!!! well, they are the client, they pay me... I do a good job.... and I give them Professional advice and a professional job... they are all very happy, even if it is not what I would choose to have!!! x x x :Love:
i agree with you kirsten, alot of my younger clients want the stark white,crisp smile of a white tip, they love the fake look, it goes well with thier tan and hair extensions. if they are a nail biter or have tiny beds though i will give them a preview of how wrong they will look. in the end though i will do what pleases my client.

tinkerbell80 said:
Hi, i am starting a new job at a salon next week and did a nail course last week, we were shown to do nails bu using a natural tip and creating a smile line from white powder, I have been practicing this but feel a bit confused many of the girls on the course said that in salon they very rarely do this. They mainly just use a white tip and clear or pink powder. Please can anyone advise on what they do the most of of and why one method is better than the other... thank you

Crikey!

Starting in a salon just a week after your course - you're braver than me! :eek:

I normaly have clear tips with glitter acrylic, or if I'm realy board some sort of art but the bulk of my customers want white tips, they think they are great, and we manage 1 or 2 infills before they ask for a soak of and a new set. I have explained that its not nessesery, that I can put a new look to them with white acrylic and they are not interested. My fav is natural looking nails, I charge more for them, because they take longer to do and the clients who have them love them. But thanks to the play boy bunny stickers I am also geting a younger set in and we always chat about natural nail care and the correct way to do a manicure, so I have hope for the future:wink2:

I use both however some of the L&P nails I have seen have a lovely natural colour to the free edge however so unnatural looking due to the thickness of them. I always think do what works for you and your clientelle.

With a white tip you get a nice sharp clean smile line which alot of my clients love and alot of my clients love to have a fresh set every 4 weeks etc. So def a personal choice also shop around for white tips.

Latest posts

Back