smoking ban????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gem21 said:
i think thats right valenciaNails. its taking away peoples choices. when someone tell you not to do something its makes you want to do it more. its all about people choices and rights. the government is taking that freedom away. OUT OF ORDER! what they gonna do next ban alcohol, thats bad for your health to!! RRRRAAAAHHHHH

Employers have a general duty under section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of their employees at work.

Allowing smoking in public places is stoping people earning an honest living in an environment which wont damage their health.

Yes its your choice and right to poison your own lungs but why should you have you got the right to poison others? Everyone should have the right to breathe clean unpolluted air. I dont want to breath in poisonous smoke, or wake up stinking like an ashtray but why should I stay in my house just because you do?

Standing next to someone drinking alcohol wont affect your health - standing next to a smoker WILL.

Roll on the 26th of March when Smoking is banned in public places in up here in Scotland

nemotail said:
Standing next to someone drinking alcohol wont affect your health - standing next to a smoker WILL.

very good point chick xx

I may have got this wrong but I was under the impression that the ban included outside as public places? I'm a smoker - I will respect the ban.
I took my son & girlfriend for lunch today at the marina and whilst deciding where to go - we were umming and arring about which place to go in where we could smoke! we were going to go in frankie & bennys but you can't smoke in there, so we went somewhere else with a smoking area of 4 tables in the corner with the sun beaming in our eyes!! I kept telling myself I'm a fool - so when the ban happens I'll deal with it in a moody sulky way - now where's my fags!!

It isnt just clothes and hair smelling of smoke the next day, it is having a sore throat and feeling like you have smoked 40 odd cigs the night before.

It has worked in New York and San Fran Sisco and many other places in the US Oh and also Liverpool i think and there hasnt been a civil war over it.so i cant honestly see the problem. My stepdad who after smoking since the age of 13, he's now 66 and is dying of emphasemia is all for the ban.
In the village where i live, the locals who dont smoke wont go in our local pub because it is so bad, and the smoking section is still in the main bar but on a raised platform, I am an ex smoker.

deb x

i work in a pub as well and im a social smoker nearly all the people smoke in the pub so that means i will be out of a job, they should put a no smoking area in the pubs i do agree about were food is it should be band

1999judy said:
Dont want to change the subject so I will smoke while I ask *JOANNE* have you changed your hairstyle again?!!!:lol: Looks good!
yep colours put in and re trimmed...cheers hun.
as reguards to the smoking ban...i have commented but from my point of view in resturants i never smoke in them and allways go to the non smoking section any how, although a smoker my kids and hubby arent, i also wouldnt dream of smoking in anyones house that doesnt smoke and i dont tend to smoke outside their house either.
us smokers are made to feel very embarrassed at smoking. and whilst we are entitled too a choice i cannot see alot of smokers going mad about the ruling because we secretly wish we didnt smoke anyway.

i smoke and although i think that places serving food and family places should be smoke free ( it upsets me when i see people smoking around kids coz they generally cant get away from it) but i think pubs and clubs should be at the landlords discretion, if i ran a pub i wouldnt want half my customers fagging it outside! That way people know that in one place people will be smoking and the pub dont the road wont have smoking, you can make up your own mind then. And perhaps they should get some nifty extraction like us techs do to make it more comfortable for everybody.:D

We have a ban on smoking in restaurants and pubs down here. But we have smokers areas outside. I like to think of myself as a considerate smoker, I won't smoke in someones house if they are non smokers, I will always go outside, if they are smokers I will always ask if it's okay to smoke inside. If I am outside and smoking but talking to a non smoker I will always position myself so that the smoke is not wafting in their direction etc. If somewhere unknown to me I will always hold out as long as I can before asking politely to be excused, then I'll go outside or off the property to have my nicotine fix.
As of the moment I smoke insideat home, but we are planning on doing extensions to the house, once they are done I'm placing a NO smoking inside ban on myself.:irked:

Great news I gave up smoking over 14 years ago. Over the last few years I have been going in pubs less and less because of the smell on my clothes and hair smelling.
Maybe I will be going out more in the future> YEEEPPPPEEEEE :p

pmsl

you should try it and see what happens lol

*JOANNE* said:
yep colours put in and re trimmed...cheers hun.
as reguards to the smoking ban...i have commented but from my point of view in resturants i never smoke in them and allways go to the non smoking section any how, although a smoker my kids and hubby arent, i also wouldnt dream of smoking in anyones house that doesnt smoke and i dont tend to smoke outside their house either.
us smokers are made to feel very embarrassed at smoking. and whilst we are entitled too a choice i cannot see alot of smokers going mad about the ruling because we secretly wish we didnt smoke anyway.

I agree with you Joanne as I too am a smoker and I respect non smokers. BUT I HATE the way the government are trying to tell us what to do!!!! Its our health after all and Ill give up when Im good and ready not when they tell me too!! as thats what it feels like. shame though that I dont get out much and now when I do I may aswell stay at home and drink and smoke if I feel like it!!! LOVING YOUR HAIR BY THE WAY!!! GORGEOUS

I can also see this causing trouble because I live next to a pub and to be honest dont fancy having a load of fag ends on my front every day. I may have to hand out ashtrays and umbrella's

Lellipop said:
I can also see this causing trouble because I live next to a pub and to be honest dont fancy having a load of fag ends on my front every day. I may have to hand out ashtrays and umbrella's
Exactly!! I can see all sorts of trouble coming off of the ban.....imagine whole loads of people hanging round outside pubs of a nighttime...not great especially if you live nearby.....noisy etc etc

welll.............................im a smoker and as you can imagine im not happy - there is nowt better that having the preverbial fag after a meal, or having a puff with a drink - i like my cigs and i think its total pogwash with all this - where are MY RIGHTS GOING

YEP - IN SMOKE

The law has been inforced here in Malta for the past two years I think. I dont smoke and didnt agree with it as i can imagine that people enjoy a ciggie with their drinks but how lovely to spend a few hours in a night club and when you come out you dont reek of fags!!

paulette said:
I agree with you Joanne as I too am a smoker and I respect non smokers. BUT I HATE the way the government are trying to tell us what to do!!!! Its our health after all and Ill give up when Im good and ready not when they tell me too!! as thats what it feels like. shame though that I dont get out much and now when I do I may aswell stay at home and drink and smoke if I feel like it!!! LOVING YOUR HAIR BY THE WAY!!! GORGEOUS
I agree and I'm a non smoker! I don't like the smell of smoke and don't want to be a passive smoker - I don't know if it was the nicotine but I always had a worse hangover in the morning if I had been in a smokey enviroment, but if I wanted to go out with my friends who smoked then I would go in the smoking area and they all were considerate - not blowing smoke in my face etc. I felt that the smoking and non smoking areas worked well for me and was never was bothered by smoke when I was in the no smoking area - sorry that I'm rambling, but what happened to the smokers rights? give them a space in the pub/club not a freezing corner on the street.

I agree paulette Joannes hair is GORGEOUS

well i think it sucks

Snugglepuss said:
if I wanted to go out with my friends who smoked then I would go in the smoking area and they all were considerate - not blowing smoke in my face etc.

i wish my mates were as considerate - when i been for a night out with them i feel like i'm the one whose smoked 20 fags not them x

I think its great news!

My boyfriend suffers with nasal polyps and if he is around anyone that smokes, it makes the polyps swell up and he has problems for weeks afterwards - nose bleeds, not being able to taste or smell etc.
Whenever we go out to a restaurant we have to book a no smoking table, but not all restaurants have a non smoking area so we have to just hope that no one is smoking nearby our table.

Excellent news!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back