Snake skin pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyathome

Reaction score
Think this has been on here a couple of months ago. Don't have a clue how to post you the link though! lol

I wouldn't, I can get the same effect with netting a lot faster and doesn't have to worry about the cleanliness of the snake too LOL

For pedicures why not just use either minx snakeskin or netting.

I found that the nails looked a bit thick because of the skin, but thats probably just my obsession with thin nails ;)

Always fun to se new things though, thanks for sharing

I think it would be nice on toes, im now wishing my brother still had his snake lol;)

totally grosses me out. ew ew ew.

i bought all the snake skin minx yesterday lol. I have never bought them before so will be something new for my minx clients and me as they are going on my toes first :D

I use Minx. Clean, quick and looks better IMHO. :D and Affordable.

Could have done that treatment in 30 minutes and it would have looked better.

Last edited:
All I'm going to say is that its not for me...

The effect looks kinda funky but it's totally disgusting! Not for me! Rhiannon x

It is just completely un-necessary. No need whatever to have to do it at all. Even politically it's all wrong (not that I care about that really :biggrin:). What next? The mind boggles.

I remember when some salons were applying human fingernails as extesions. Buying them from China, suposedly sterilizing them and shipping them to the USA. You had to 'relax' them by soaking in water, the apply them with adhesive and blend and polish! Cost a fortune and the 'fad' lasted for about 2 minutes. Think this will be the same ... a one minute wonder.

Last edited:
I can't view the link for some reason :( I have been using snakeskin on my own nails for a long time - before I even started in the nail industry. As a very keen herpetologist and a former reptile keeper, I was okay because I had a personal supply of snakeskin but, nowadays, I find that with the likes onMinx etc available, it is not really necessary. i was mortified at the cost Scratch listed for "sterilised" snakeskin!!!

Not too keen for that technique :( but i think the finished result looks great!

Latest posts

Back