Snakeskin Pedi! OMG so cool!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllThumbs

Reaction score
Ive wanted to do this for years but could never find the snake skin. I wonder if it will be avail. now???

I think it's sick and if it took off would encourage people to kill snakes for their skin!

All the best
Megan
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

You cannot be serious? Putting animals/snakes lives at risk for the sake of vanity is wrong. At £300 a pop can you imagine the value of an entire snake skin? It wouldn't be long before they hunted or bred & sold just for their skin. Have snake skin effect man made but not the real thing, it's just sick.

All the best
Megan

don't they use the skin that is shedded? They dont acually skin a snake for it, do they??? I would just use the shedded skin.

I was surprised to see that the snake skin is embedded in Bio Sculpture gel. I love all things strange and unusuaL but this does not appeal at all. I have worn BioSculpture gel every day for more than 7 years but would rather use the Minx snakeskin foil than real snake skin.

Some people have more money than sense!

*shudder*

This makes my skin crawl! I touched a snake once (or rather, had one unwillingly placed around my neck in Tunisia) and I was nearly sick! I'm glad to hear that it is just shed skin that is used on the nails, although even just the picture in the article gives me the creeps!

killing the snake would not work. come on people think..... If they used skin from a dead snake it would be too thick! It has to be the shed skin for it to be thin enough! So it promotes keeping the snake alive in order to keep it shedding. Also! You have to keep it very healthy as snakes wont shed if they are sick.So Before you all get too comfy on your soap boxes, stop and think about what you are ranting about.

Looks cool, but for that effect no animal should suffer! I would never buy a snake skin handbag or shoes!

So why would I want to embed somethings skin on to someones toes or nails?

What's next? Fur nails?

No thanks.

Besides there are so many art materials available now to achieve that effect) minx is good example.

Simply my opinion.

Nail designer with a twist;)

Does anyone know where you can buy the shedded skin?

Oh i totally wouldnt want to kill a snake for this but the idea is so cool. I mean it may not ever take off but i think this ladys creativity is really great. Yeah id prolly have furry nails if it was fake fur. I may try that! Lol but then again i love all things unusual.
I think lady gaga would love this Pedi!

If the snake died from natural causes, old age perhaps (but not too old lol), I would love a snakeskin bag and some shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I still wouldn't want its shed skin on my toe nails.

Oh i totally wouldnt want to kill a snake for this but the idea is so cool. I mean it may not ever take off but i think this ladys creativity is really great. Yeah id prolly have furry nails if it was fake fur. I may try that! Lol but then again i love all things unusual.
I think lady gaga would love this Pedi!

Lol;) I can see Lady Gaga with raw steak French with dripping blood)

Gross 

If the snake died from natural causes, old age perhaps (but not too old lol), I would love a snakeskin bag and some shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I still wouldn't want its shed skin on my toe nails.

Lol;) I had a client who bought one of they bags, and it looked like the bag was shedding. She had to take it back many times to get it fixed after paying thousands! 

JMHO, I think there are better things than real snakeskin to encase; you can easily get that "look" with Minx, Nail Art, etc.

Save the snakes!! (j/k)

But, seriously...! :)

Well natural snake shed if it's sanitized is no bad thing it dosent disintegrate like ours dose ,
Saying this I just used to chuck my snakes shed skin away ,
Embedded Skeleton leaves are cheep and work beautifully to as a replacement .
As dose some lace and netting ,

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

Calm down people! Alot of people eat snakes in the far east it's there diet like ours is to eat cows, chickens pigs etc! Pooor cows pigs chickens?

It's a life cycle it's how we survive and as humans thrive. It's surely not wasting what we have on this planet :) as we certainly use everything else with out question...though it all sounds very interesting doesn't mean it shall take off though... Gimmicky like the garra ruffa fishes hehe! X

Everyone responding to this thread has been quite measured in their responses, nothing said so far is inflammatory or upsetting so no need for urges to take it easy or calm down ... yet. lol

My friend owns a lovely snake that is white with the occasionally orange and red scale, I asked her what she thought of the snake skin pedi and she said surely if using shedded skin you wouldnt really notice the pattern.

Snake skin sheds a very pale creamy colour with barely any colour (green, brown, red etc) from the snake. And once gel is applied the skin would appear even more see through and pale.

So we tried it and yep she was right, the lovely vibrant red and orange was barely noticeable and the scales were also barely noticable. ( we tried this on a clear tip btw)

I think sticking to nail armour patterns would be better. Plus when her husband came home he was totally freaked about the idea and not pleased that we were playing with the snakes skin haha

xxx

Latest posts

Back