Snakeskin Pedi! OMG so cool!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i clicked on the link and instantly felt sick, looks totally gross .. but each to their own i guess :confused:

I have a couple of big hairy Alaskan Malamutes that blow their coats a couple of times a year if anyone is interested in buying some fur for nails? pmsl, knew there would be a use for it somewhere along the line! :green: Reckon I get about a binbag full of lovely cotton wool like fur per dog every 6 months or so?....... shall I start the bidding at £5.00 per bag?

If you are wondering what the hell an Alaskan malamute is there is one in my Avatar, and no Malamutes will be harmed in the gathering of fur (unless she keeps digging up my garden that is!!) :lol:

I have a couple of big hairy Alaskan Malamutes that blow their coats a couple of times a year if anyone is interested in buying some fur for nails? pmsl, knew there would be a use for it somewhere along the line! :green: Reckon I get about a binbag full of lovely cotton wool like fur per dog every 6 months or so?....... shall I start the bidding at £5.00 per bag?

If you are wondering what the hell an Alaskan malamute is there is one in my Avatar, and no Malamutes will be harmed in the gathering of fur (unless she keeps digging up my garden that is!!) :lol:

So funny 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[email protected]

You can get a similar effect by pressing mesh into wet gel & curing, then lift off the mess & voila...

It brings another meaning to recycling the shed skins.

If anything, it will increase snake buying not killing.

Hmm, we have heaps of snakes hanging around our house at the moment because we recently had a major flood. I should start collecting the skins to sell off, lol :lol:

Ewwwww personally I don't like the idea. As long as they don't harm the snakes to get the skin each to their own, complete waste of money, isnt that why he have Minx/nail art/wraps/foils and so on lol x

Love it :lol:

LOL. What a stunner of a dog by the way.

Grotesque. Hate snakes, hate the idea, hate the picture, hate the article. I would never have this done and wouldn't go in a salon that did it.

Seems like a lot of hassel to go to for a pedie, the overheads must be very high.
You've got to sanetize the shed skin, which is very thin, dries out very quickly etc.
Then I think you'd have to add dye, as already stated, shed skin is transparent, or nearly so. Then packaged to maintain it's quality and you'd have to make sure it would be hyperalogenic, it is skin:confused:
I think I'll stick with minx. :lol:

Gemma lambert has just put a photo on her facebook with nails she has done with real snake skin.

Gemma lambert has just put a photo on her facebook with nails she has done with real snake skin.

There are loads of Gemma Lamberts... I can't see one with snake skin nails?

Then packaged to maintain it's quality and you'd have to make sure it would be hyperalogenic, it is skin:confused:
I think I'll stick with minx. :lol:
So is leather ;) and how many of us have leather items we put on every day? Shoes? Bags? Coats? Etc... not saying I would ever have them. Just food for thought. The other part of that is this. The Cow, Goat, Rabbit, deer hide we put on is from a dead animal, the snake skin however is not. :wink2:

Sam bide has a tutorial on her site for ways of using shed skin,
If it's sanitized it's not much different to using feathers or shell really lol

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

:Scared: I have owned snakes in the past and I dont think I'm wrong in saying that they can carry salmonella. Bit like tropical fish can carry TB. Surely all our contra indications in college etc teach us to avoid putting people at risk, and yet in the strive to be ever more flambuoyant that is exactly what we are possibly doing. Give me good old minx or nail polish anyday. lol

I'd rather use something else; I mean, I think it's just a trend soon to be faded away.

-shrug-

Whatever next!

Not for me,although it gives me an idea what to do with the snakes I am forever finding in the garden:eek:

Latest posts

Back